• Improved Defensive Playbooks

44 93.62%
  • Improved Offensive Playbooks

3 6.38%

Thread: Elite 8: Improved Defensive Playbooks vs. Improved Offensive Playbooks

• Facebook
  • Display

Elite 8: Improved Defensive Playbooks vs. Improved Offensive Playbooks

- Before voting, feel free to revisit previous voting discussion threads to get more ideas on how the community would like each feature to be designed in the franchise.
    - After voting, share your thoughts behind your vote and how you would like to see each feature implemented into the game, regardless of vote.
    - Vote early: all future rounds will be open just three days for voting.

Improved & Team Specific Defensive Playbooks

NCAA Football 11 focused on "120 Ways to Win" and improved offensive playbooks. Now, the community would like to see the same attention focused on defensive playbooks. Common requests include team specific defensive playbooks and plays, including using team specific terminology (IE: Nebraska's Peso Defense). Much like the offensive playbooks were revamped last year, this feature would take a look at each teams defenses to see what they do that stands out and makes their defenses unique, and then add the formations and plays within that team's playbook. Some of the most requested improvements to the defensive playbooks include: Adding the 3-4 Predator (as found in the Madden NFL franchise), 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 Defense adding 2 high safety look with their base defenses, updated coverages within the 4-2-5 such as split field coverages or Q/Q/H (quarter, quarter, half coverage), addition of proper stunts to the 4-2-5, 4-4 and Bear front defenses, etc. (Round 1 Discussion - Round 2 Discussion - Sweet 16 Discussion)

Improved Offensive Playbooks

While this request could probably be included year after year, the NCAA team took a good step forward with their 120 Ways to Win approach to offensive playbooks. However, one of the chief complaints with playbooks is that they aren't fleshed out properly. For example, an I-Form in a particular playbook may have a Dive and Counter but not have a Blast or Weak Dive. Other examples would be when an auto-motion gives away a play (ex. Jet Sweep) but there often aren't plays to trick the defense that this play is coming (other than a Playaction version). (Round 1 Discussion - Round 2 Discussion - Sweet 16 Discussion)

Defensive playbooks for sure.

Wooooooooooow. Offense vs Defense in an Elite 8 matchup.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Defense! Defense! Defense!

Damn I meant to vote for Defense

as much as i love offense... =(

i HAVE to vote for D books to be overhauled... upgraded... seriously overdue

"E"

The defensive playbooks have largely went untouched for years. People wouldn't hot route so much if the base plays weren't so bad and limited.

Though I voted for D, I don't really need a ton of new defensive plays... I need things like ZONE D to actually be effective.

De-fense -clap-clap- De-fense -clap-clap- De-fense
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Big D

Offensive playbooks could still be improved, but defense is still way behind the offense now and need more of an upgrade.

Removing "Engage 8" from the D playbook would be a huge improvement. But until there is tiered playcalling D PBs will probably remain too limited.

Defense for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by brza37 View Post
    Removing "Engage 8" from the D playbook would be a huge improvement. But until there is tiered playcalling D PBs will probably remain too limited.
    Well that's kinda the point isn't it? If tiered is what it takes, that's what this vote should lead too. Defense is the vote of champions here. I however still hope that offense is pumped up a bit in it's playcalling as well.