• Custom Playbooks

25 52.08%
  • Better CPU Recruiting

23 47.92%

Thread: Sweet 16: Custom Playbooks vs. Better CPU Recruiting

• Facebook
  • Display

Sweet 16: Custom Playbooks vs. Better CPU Recruiting

After voting, share your thoughts behind your vote and on each feature in this thread.
    Vote early - all future rounds will be open just three days for voting.

Custom Playbooks

Many NCAA Football gamers spend days (if not weeks) trying to find the perfect playbook – one with the right mix of plays and formations they feel comfortable with. However, many end up disappointed – only finding a playbook that contains a portion of what they want. With Custom Playbooks (a feature in last-gen NCAA Football), users could pick a set number of formations to use in a custom playbook linked to their profile or similar to All-Pro Football 2K8, they could pick individual plays from any formation(s) to be in their playbook. (Round 1 Discussion - Round 2 Discussion)

Better CPU Recruiting

To help keep the computer more competitive and staying with their team style years down the line in Dynasty Mode, improved CPU recruiting logic would be a significant benefit. For example, teams that run an option attack should set their sights only on mobile quarterback recruits, perhaps only targeting those with a certain SPD rating or higher. In addition, computer squads would also make sure they do not over- or under-recruit at positions. (Round 1 Discussion - Round 2 Discussion)

I've never been a create a play or a custom playbook guy. Went with better CPU recruiting. If you play an ACC offline dynasty Georgia Tech becomes a free win very quickly as they don't recruit an option QB.

Sigh.....went with better CPU recruiting. Reason being to make sure the core gameplay and dynasty works before adding in the extras.

Went with playbooks. If there's a major gamebreaker for anyone out there, it's the playbooks. CPU recruiting needs to be and will be enhanced again this season. They spent way too much time on it last year to not enhance it this year. Custom playbooks imo is an extra feature, but in most ways it's more of an enhancement to a feature, essentially helping to "fix" what is already there, being the current playbooks and play styles of your team.

A custom playbook would be awesome. But most times I just like to go with what the team rolls with. That would be why better CPU recruiting gets my vote.

this SUCKS to put these two together... =\ went with custom playbooks... i cant let it go, although im a HUGE fan of better recruiting obviously as i really play dynasty only at this point of this title...

"E"

I think the playbooks are pretty good. Custom playbooks would be nice but improved cpu recruiting helps improve dynasty mode which is the lifeblood of the franchise.

Custom playbooks. I can't believe this is tied at 15-15 right now. Custom playbooks is an absolutely HUGE feature that MUST be nack in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Custom playbooks is an absolutely HUGE feature that MUST be nack in the game.
    Yes, absolutely. I want it incredibly badly, and would love to customize every inch of my playbooks. I spent more time customizing my playbook in APF 2k8 than I did customizing my team.

But ...
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    If you play an ACC offline dynasty Georgia Tech becomes a free win very quickly as they don't recruit an option QB.
    This. CPU Recruiting is almost there ... it's SO CLOSE to being right. Just need a little extra tweaking.

CPU Recruiting gets the vote.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    A custom playbook would be awesome. But most times I just like to go with what the team rolls with. That would be why better CPU recruiting gets my vote.
    Have you been listening to the voices in my head? This is EXACTLY what they're telling me.

Custom playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Yes, absolutely. I want it incredibly badly, and would love to customize every inch of my playbooks. I spent more time customizing my playbook in APF 2k8 than I did customizing my team.

But ...
    This. CPU Recruiting is almost there ... it's SO CLOSE to being right. Just need a little extra tweaking.

CPU Recruiting gets the vote.
    I agree with what you are saying. My response though is that I believe COACHING CAROUSEL will be added to this game and that will drastically change how the cpu recruits and the personnell that cpu teams look for. These two things would therfore seem to go hand-in-hand.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    These two things would therfore seem to go hand-in-hand.
    I agree. But the vote is designed to be, independent of everything else, what do we want most? Of the two, CPU recruiting has a much more significant impact on the way I play the game.

In the Powerhouse OD, I'm likely to switch teams at the end of the year. The team I'm looking to move to has something like 6 QBs, 8 RBs, and is basically 1-deep across the entire offensive line. That's inexcusable. What's more is that isn't a problem with offensive style or types of players. That isn't a problem with Georgia Tech not recruiting an Option QB. That's a problem with basic logic of who you target and who you don't. I thought that was fixed this year, but the deeper we get into it, the less I believe it is.

Both would be great (so would all 16 remaining items), but I went with CPU Recruiting on this one. It would help keep teams in Dynasty Mode playing to their strengths years down the line and make them as much (if not more) of a challenge versus dropping off.

I would utilize Custom Playbooks (did on LG), but right now I typically either use the playbook of the team I am playing with or use the one I am most familiar with (Nebraska). I could see myself continuing that, whereas seeing Georgia Tech with a horrible option QB years into Dynasty bothers me more.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    The team I'm looking to move to has something like 6 QBs, 8 RBs, and is basically 1-deep across the entire offensive line.
    I was actually wrong ... they've got 6 QBs, 11 running backs, and 8 WRs. Yet somehow they're two-deep across the offensive line. Yep ... the entire defense is minimums at practically every position.

Yay.