Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason, 2012

• Facebook
  • Display
    FSU done

I've got 9 total on my board (had 9 hours for the first week) but 2 of those were carry-overs from the regular season.

Change in plans, still here at work waiting on someone.

I will recruit though once I get home which should be before 1pm.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Change in plans, still here at work waiting on someone.

I will recruit though once I get home which should be before 1pm.
    1pm? Must be nice to have your hours. 7 to 1.

I'll get mine done tonight since I can't access recruits on the web.

It would be sooner, if this guy wouldn't have lied and said I'll be there in 30 minutes and I'm still waiting an hour and half later.

Ugh hate those ppl, fsu added 7 but only hopes to get 1

I'll recruit when I get done with class.

yea oneback i thought u were trying to sign as many as u did last year?? i guess u chose quality over quantity this year?

I tried to sign 15+ however they were taken from me. I've got a lot of young players on my team so I guess even though I only have 60 players a lot of the recruits didn't see playing time on my roster.

Hopefully I will be able to sign the bulk of what I have on my board and therefore end up where I wanted to be at the beginning of the season recruiting wise. I've also unlocked all the promises so hopefully that will help.

Doing my recruiting within an hour.

After being up for 10 hours (instead of 10 minutes when I did my recruiting this morning)....I was able to take a GOOD look at the offseason prospects....added 2 more to bring the total to 8....three [5star] and five [4star]....if I'm able to secure all 8 (would be nice)....that would bring this class to 13 [5star] and 7 [4star]....I wouldn't mind hauling that in at all.... :-)

I'm just sad that I couldn't sign a TE this season....I think they are scared of Colton Hall....
    Last edited by Papa LoneStar; 11-17-2010 at 05:20 PM.

Oregon is all done. I was able to add another 3 to my board. If I can get these last 4 guys, I'll have a solid class on my hands. And I may even be able to replace Cliff Harris, my CB that graduated this year.

i really dont understand why the game gives texas so much love in recruiting, they always sign a top 10 class, but rarely do they ever get more than two 5 start prospects in a given year. Just another area in which EA goes totally unrealistic for no reason.

Well psuexv, iron, and rc remain

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    i really dont understand why the game gives texas so much love in recruiting, they always sign a top 10 class, but rarely do they ever get more than two 5 start prospects in a given year. Just another area in which EA goes totally unrealistic for no reason.
    I can't remember the other 2 seasons....but this year....my group has 5 in-state and 5 out.

If you think about it though Texas (the real team) only recruits in state prospects, whereas Papa is recruiting anyone willing to come his way. Now since WM has arrived on the 40 we have started to expand our talent pool.

If the rumors out of Austin are correct in that Mack Brown is going to replace Greg Davis after the season and is leaning heavily on Muschamp on selecting a new OC we may start to recruit on a national scale and bring in even more top talent (as long as they come in hungry and with a passion to play).

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Well psuexv, iron, and rc remain
    RC just finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    If you think about it though Texas (the real team) only recruits in state prospects, whereas Papa is recruiting anyone willing to come his way. Now since WM has arrived on the 40 we have started to expand our talent pool.

If the rumors out of Austin are correct in that Mack Brown is going to replace Greg Davis after the season and is leaning heavily on Muschamp on selecting a new OC we may start to recruit on a national scale and bring in even more top talent (as long as they come in hungry and with a passion to play).
    it could be, but ive always contended that Texas taking so many early commitments hurts them as an elite team as much as it helps them remain a top 10 team. They miss out on the late bloomers and get stuck with kids who peak at 17 years old. Now they have to mix in national recruiting which is an even bigger crap shoot than in state recruiting and it could be hard to balance for a team that is not used to national searches (or even in state searches since they get the pick of their litter).

As far as Tex going national, that is all well and good but not many kids outside of texas start the season with texas #1 on their list

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    it could be, but ive always contended that Texas taking so many early commitments hurts them as an elite team as much as it helps them remain a top 10 team. They miss out on the late bloomers and get stuck with kids who peak at 17 years old. Now they have to mix in national recruiting which is an even bigger crap shoot than in state recruiting and it could be hard to balance for a team that is not used to national searches (or even in state searches since they get the pick of their litter).

As far as Tex going national, that is all well and good but not many kids outside of texas start the season with texas #1 on their list
    I've thought the same as well. If Texas would have kept spots open we could potentially have Andrew Luck (Houston), Darron Thomas (Houston) and LaMichael James (Texarkana) just to name a few.

It's is an interesting season however, coming off a MNC apperance it's interesting how quickly things have changed/collapsed. I look forward to next season with a team that is a year older, a real offensive coordinator (not a glorified QB coach), a pair of defensive tackles and some safeties that can actually play the position.

yes it was like watching an fsu meltdown that took 5 years or so all in one season (jeff bowden) our defense was so stacked with nfl talent that it hid our problems for a while, it appears your D was reloading at the same time as your O and with the bad coaching and tough schedule it all happened very fast.