View Poll Results: Second Round Match-up #14

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better Celebrations

20 50.00%
  • More Slider Options

20 50.00%

Thread: Second Round: Better Individual & Team Celebrations vs. More Slider Options

• Facebook
  • Display

Second Round: Better Individual & Team Celebrations vs. More Slider Options

After voting, share your thoughts behind your vote and on each feature in this thread.
    Vote early - all future rounds will be open just three days for voting.

Better Individual & Team Celebrations

NCAA Football 11 focused on adding the pageantry of college football, but some still felt that the passion of the sport was still missing particularly as it relates to post-play player emotion. Among the common requests from the community: increased player celebration following big plays and scores, animations triggered quicker and less drawn out, celebrations & interactions of more than 2 or 3 players, etc. Conversely, those giving up the play would react accordingly as well. This would also incorporate different levels of celebration. Obviously on game-winning hail mary completions, the team would go crazy but on a 3-yard sack of 1st & 10, the defense would celebrate but at a much lower level.

These would differ from cut-scenes as this would be on-field animations and interactions post-play. It may be easier to implement these items as cutscenes, however this methodology would be more immersive for users. (Round 1 Discussion)

Examples:
    Late-Game FG - On this late-game FG, the kicker shows some emotion and interacts with two teammates.
    Late-Game TD: On this game-winning TD, Crabtree did not run straight into the end zone then go into celebration a second or two later, it was spontaneous and quick.

More Slider Options

Every member of the NCAA Football community plays the game differently and each have their own opinion on what tweaks are necessary to make the game even more enjoyable. One common theme among gamers is that they wished they had more sliders to help customize the game experience to their liking. Some of the most highly requested slider additions by the community: fumbles, game speed, injuries, fatigue, momentum, man & zone coverage, option play, PA pass blocking, etc. These options would also be available for customization in Online Dynasties. (Round 1 Discussion)

Another tough call in which both have value for me.

However, because slider adjustments drive me nuts, and I think the dev team should be controlling things like fumbles and injuries by using real NCAA stats instead of making customers tweak that stuff, as well as making blocking improvements part of the game, not something that we have to fudge our way through to make the game work, I'm going to vote for the excitement and thrill of college football by going with the celebrations vote.

Celebrations. It's really silly to have the entire team slowly trot to the sideline after a big touchdown play as opposed to bum-rushing the player who scored. If it's going to be cutscene driven though, eliminate the continuity errors, please.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    I think the dev team should be controlling things like fumbles and injuries by using real NCAA stats instead of making customers tweak that stuff
    Well, there's something to be said for the other side though. While I agree that, fundamentally, Tiburon should be charged with making fumbles, injuries, and blocking realistic, there are going to be some of us that don't agree with their interpretation. Probably the best example would be someone who watches Big XII football versus Big Ten football ... we could possibly have an entirely different interpretation for the power of a running game, for example, or the ability of a defense.

Obviously, things like fumbles and injuries should be relatively consistent. But, overall, the availability of tweaks is not the same as making the customers do it. It's just an option.

Personally, I never touched any of the sliders in MVP Baseball or NHL Hockey, because the adjustments I made to the difficulty level changed them for me. But it's good to know the option to change the way to the ball bounces in an Astroturf stadium is there if I want to modify it.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I'd love to see better celebrations but as a slider guy I would love to see a few more sliders AND have them work right. On another note, why use a 100 point slider scale and make people adjust it by 5's? That's only a 20 point scale. They should make the sliders more powerful but let us use the full 100 point scale.

Sliders for things such as fumbles, injuries and frequency of penalities, etc.

If the NCAA team is worried about having too many slider just do a Basic Slider set and a More Advanced one (that opens up more things). Do NOT go the Madden route of global and sub slider settings. Those are more confusing and goofy than anything. AND keep cpu and human special teams sliders. I don't know how the Madden team justifies only a global ST set.

Ugh..............more sliders? This makes me a saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanda.

celebrations.

If you haven't voted, do so soon or we will need to 'replay' this match-up. Currently tied!