View Poll Results: Second Round Match-up #11

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Improvements to Depth Chart

23 60.53%
  • Player Punishment & Morale

15 39.47%

Thread: Second Round: Improvements to Depth Chart vs. Player Punishment & Morale

• Facebook
  • Display

Second Round: Improvements to Depth Chart vs. Player Punishment & Morale

After voting, share your thoughts behind your vote and on each feature in this thread.
    Vote early - all future rounds will be open just three days for voting.

Improvements to Depth Chart

In today's college football game, depth chart structure can vary greatly from team to team. With changes to the depth chart, Air Raid and Spread teams could have up to 10 receiver positions to set, Flexbone offenses would have A-Back and B-Back positions instead of HB & FB, as well, additional positions of Wildcat and 3rd Down Back could also be added. Another possible addition could be to make Will & Sam linebacker positions which would then translate to the field appropriately. (Round 1 Discussion)

Player Punishment & Morale

Similar to the feature found in the MVP NCAA Baseball franchise, in Dynasty Mode players would let the ‘coach’ (user) know if they are unhappy with playing time so the coach can make adjustments in-season. Also from last-gen NCAA Football, this would see the return of player discipline where players may commit off-field issues resulting in user-controlled suspensions or face the wrath of the NCAA. While this feature has been oft-requested by the community, some have asked for new methodology compared to last-gen; namely the abolition of the ‘point system’ that last-gen had which often left users unable to punish players late in the season. (Round 1 Discussion)

Depth chart for sure.

I voted for the morale/punishment system. It'll probably be annoying when my starting QB gets drunk the night before a rivalry game but it would add some curveballs into the fray and make me recruit less talented character guys over studs with problems.

I'm more on the Punishment side to be honest. Like just stated you can not always be taking the best of the best because we all know that their persona's get in the way eventually.

This would make you have to be careful in whom you bring in and how many bad seeds you are willing to gamble with. You just might have to take a 4* kid or 3* kid over that gem that is sitting there waiting for you.

Improvements to Depth Chart - I'd like to see the additions featured above as well as extra slots in the depth chart for positions such as DBs to help keep WRs from coming in at those spots.

Player Punishment & Morale - I like the idea, but prefer depth chart improvements. I really disliked the last-gen point system, but they'd have to find a way to make sure the user took action (whether it was punishment or more playing time for low morale) and not ignore the player statement & actions. If would help add some sort of personality to each player, which they seem to lose once we get out of Recruiting.

I like both ideas because I am for anything to make the team management more realistic. Voting for Depth Chart Improvements though, because I feel EA can't really mess that up. Would there be any rhyme or reason to certain players having discipline issues? A new rating would probably have to be created and tied into recruiting as well. If the discipline issues were random, I think it would be an annoyance having a player be suspended without any idea that he may be a discipline problem. Improved depth chart seems to me to have more plusses without any risk.

Morale and punishment is the next step to dynasty improvements. Instead of simply focusing on adding stuff to recruiting, that's not where dynasty needs the work. I used to really enjoy the discipline aspect on the PS2 and would love to see morale like MVP 05.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Morale and punishment is the next step to dynasty improvements. Instead of simply focusing on adding stuff to recruiting, that's not where dynasty needs the work. I used to really enjoy the discipline aspect on the PS2 and would love to see morale like MVP 05.
    Well said Rudy!

I feel like my choices are losing in most polls.

Instead of simply focusing on adding stuff to recruiting,
    Rudy, I'm not quite following ... are you making some connection between Improvements to Depth Chart and recruiting?

And, by contrast, I would hate to see morale like MVP 05. Hated it in MVP, and would hate to see it become part of the game (unless, of course, it had the option to be turned off.)
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I feel like my choices are losing in most polls.
    You and me both both buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Rudy, I'm not quite following ... are you making some connection between Improvements to Depth Chart and recruiting?

And, by contrast, I would hate to see morale like MVP 05. Hated it in MVP, and would hate to see it become part of the game (unless, of course, it had the option to be turned off.)
    My point was that most dynasty improvements this generation have solely focused on the recruiting aspect alone. If they want to truly improve dynasty mode they need to improve other aspects like adding player punishment and morale which is what I voted for. As far all new features I think there should always be an on/off so if you didn't want morale or punishment you should be able to turn it off.