Thread: Random Video Game Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    wth is OUYA system? I never seen one before

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    wth is OUYA system? I never seen one before
    Oy vey!

EA Cancels Command & Conquer, Victory Studios Closed

Victory Studios has closed, according to its marketing manager, alongside the cancellation of its free-to-play version of Command & Conquer. A letter on Command & Conquer's website, which details the reason for ceasing production, was allegedly "not ok'd by the team."

The letter reads, "Your feedback from the alpha trial is clear: We are not making the game you want to play. That is why, after much difficult deliberation, we have decided to cease production of this version of the game." EA will be refunding users who spent money during the duration of C&C's closed alpha. IGN found Command & Conquer underwhelming earlier this year. At Gamescom, EA and Victory revealed that C&C would receive campaign content -- which was previously removed -- in 2014.

Victory Studios' last words on the site state, "We believe that Command & Conquer is a powerful franchise with huge potential and a great history, and we are determined to get the best game made as soon as possible. To that end, we have already begun looking at a number of alternatives to get the game back on track. We look forward to sharing more news about the franchise as it develops. Thank you again for your participation and support."

Pinball Arcade is coming over to PS4. I contacted them via Facebook, if you've purchased tables on the PS3, you will have to re-purchase, but at a discounted price. That price hasn't been announced yet. There is 38-40 DLC tables currently for the game I think.
    The dude abides.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

This is pretty awesome...

Apparently that consumerist poll (Worst company in America) JB likes to mock seems to have some pull at EA.

http://kotaku.com/ea-wants-you-to-fe...eal-1457060464

The implication from Wilson is that EA hasn't been giving their gamers enough value, regardless of whether they've been charging $60 for a game or nothing. And being named Worst Company twice has certainly stung Wilson, Soderlund and other top folks EA.

"When we got this the second time around, if you don't think about it as an executive in the company, you probably are not doing the right thing," Soderlund said.

Now about those patches for NCAA, Madden, TW? Bueller? Bueller? I smell a three-peat.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Apparently that consumerist poll (Worst company in America) JB likes to mock seems to have some pull at EA.

http://kotaku.com/ea-wants-you-to-fe...eal-1457060464

The implication from Wilson is that EA hasn't been giving their gamers enough value, regardless of whether they've been charging $60 for a game or nothing. And being named Worst Company twice has certainly stung Wilson, Soderlund and other top folks EA.

"When we got this the second time around, if you don't think about it as an executive in the company, you probably are not doing the right thing," Soderlund said.

Now about those patches for NCAA, Madden, TW? Bueller? Bueller? I smell a three-peat.
    My point exactly! Great, they have abandoned current gen but they have not stopped selling current gen...... and TW14 is BROKEN.

Lol.

Have either of you guys EVER worked for a big company? Of course the execs are going to say it is important, they're not going to say "that voice is insignificant and doesn't matter". But, the truth is, it is unimportant. Think of it this way, the sim community is small and insignificant to the big picture, however, the company would never say that. They want to sound like every voice is important. It's PC rhetoric.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Lol.

Have either of you guys EVER worked for a big company? Of course the execs are going to say it is important, they're not going to say "that voice is insignificant and doesn't matter". But, the truth is, it is unimportant. Think of it this way, the sim community is small and insignificant to the big picture, however, the company would never say that. They want to sound like every voice is important. It's PC rhetoric.

I work for Allstate.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post

I work for Allstate.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4
    And I work in radio. It's impossible to go one day without dealing with the public and blowing air up their ass to make them feel special, even though their opinion doesn't matter one damn bit when it comes to our daily operations. Any changes we make or do ends up coming down from corporate, not because one random person felt the need to complain or share their opinion about something. But, we still have to put on the dog and pony show and blow air up people's asses to make the people feel like their opinion matters when it comes to what we do.

Lol.

Of course it was rhetoric, just look at the examples of not patching games. They bow to the almighty stockholder. I was just trying to get a rise out of JB.

Lol.

Well it is a different approach than their COO's initial public reaction:

Lol.

In the past I did....distant past......I also have owned several small businesses and while I agree that the customer's "voice" is unimportant their dollars are not.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Of course it was rhetoric, just look at the examples of not patching games. They bow to the almighty stockholder. I was just trying to get a rise out of JB.
    As they should, and smart stockholders want smart, long term thinking officers running their company.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    And I work in radio. It's impossible to go one day without dealing with the public and blowing air up their ass to make them feel special, even though their opinion doesn't matter one damn bit when it comes to our daily operations. Any changes we make or do ends up coming down from corporate, not because one random person felt the need to complain or share their opinion about something. But, we still have to put on the dog and pony show and blow air up people's asses to make the people feel like their opinion matters when it comes to what we do.
    Actually your company caters to advertisers....they are your real customers. Joe public spends nothing at your station......unless.....you work for NPR

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Well it is a different approach than their COO's initial public reaction:
    Moore's real response can be found here. That image is a fake quote, like most images with quoted text.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Moore's real response can be found here. That image is a fake quote, like most images with quoted text.
    Ironically, there isn't much difference between the responses.