Page 5 of 142 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    For those that care, I have traded my ps3 for an xbox. G, looks like time to venture over to the darkside. I like live alot and love the cross party chats. The final straw was the *** servers on black ops. Havent had an issue on xbox. dont have anyone from here on my friend list so send me a request skap3goat

Some jerk already took texacotea

Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    For those that care, I have traded my ps3 for an xbox. G, looks like time to venture over to the darkside. I like live alot and love the cross party chats. The final straw was the *** servers on black ops. Havent had an issue on xbox. dont have anyone from here on my friend list so send me a request skap3goat

Some jerk already took texacotea

Just Sayin'

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Xbox is truly no better. I've had three significant issues with mine since I got it like 2 1/2 years ago (Pro one with the improved cooling system to prevent RRoD) and it's been nothing but downhill from there (twice, including this time, I've had issues with not reading games as well as it should be or not at all and shortly after I got it, I had the YLoD with the video connector issue that had to be fixed by Microsoft).

I'm starting to get disgusted with consoles again and I'm tempted to just sell them both and upgrade my damn computer again and say to hell with them both...

I like 360, but there's no way I'd ever get rid of my PS3 for one. Yes, Live is awesome and Sony can definitely learn a few lessons about online access from Microsoft. However, I LOVE my PS3. 360 has Gears, Halo, and Fable. That's literally all I'm interested in retail wise. With the PS3, shit. There's Killzone, SOCOM, LBP, Uncharted, MLB: The Show, Gran Turismo, Resistance, Motorstorm, etc etc etc....I know I'm missing about 10 I can't even think of. The first party games that Sony has is just no match for 360.

Truthfully, I can't get rid of them both because I have to be able to play NCAA Football next season, but I'm damn annoyed by technical issues that multi-billion dollar companies are having with their products.

PS3 doing what it's doing wouldn't be a big deal if they would just let me install the damn disc on the HDD...

I traded in my 60 GB for a 2nd generation slim hoping to avoid the YLOD issues. If my Slim gets issues outside of warranty I will be pissed. I've had it for over 6 months and zero issues so far.

An update to my console issues... if I let my console stay on without a disc in the drive, then come back ~30 minutes later and put a disc in, it works fine.

I'm going to start just removing the disc before powering off and see if that helps or not. As well, I'll go ahead and buy that lens cleaner just to see if that helps at all. Needless to say though, I am a bit concerned.

And for added details, it's a Slim that I got right around the time they released the first 120GB Slims so it's out of warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Truthfully, I can't get rid of them both because I have to be able to play NCAA Football next season, but I'm damn annoyed by technical issues that multi-billion dollar companies are having with their products.

PS3 doing what it's doing wouldn't be a big deal if they would just let me install the damn disc on the HDD...
    I actually think I fixed mine last night with the recovery menu. Mine was clicking even when a disc wasn't be played, so I ran the "Rebuild Database" and it's been working without a sound for the past day and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    An update to my console issues... if I let my console stay on without a disc in the drive, then come back ~30 minutes later and put a disc in, it works fine.

I'm going to start just removing the disc before powering off and see if that helps or not. As well, I'll go ahead and buy that lens cleaner just to see if that helps at all. Needless to say though, I am a bit concerned.

And for added details, it's a Slim that I got right around the time they released the first 120GB Slims so it's out of warranty.
    Just for shits 'n' giggles, try what I mentioned above. Turn your PS3 off. Once it's off, hold the power button in. The system will turn on so keep holding it and after probably 10 or 15 seconds it'll beep again and turn off. Once it's off, again press and hold the power button and this time hold it until it gives you the beep...beep beep. Once the two rapid beeps occur, let go. It'll ask your to connect your controller via USB. Do that, then select "Rebuild Database." It will only delete your messages and has been rumored to fix issues with disc reading occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Just for shits 'n' giggles, try what I mentioned above. Turn your PS3 off. Once it's off, hold the power button in. The system will turn on so keep holding it and after probably 10 or 15 seconds it'll beep again and turn off. Once it's off, again press and hold the power button and this time hold it until it gives you the beep...beep beep. Once the two rapid beeps occur, let go. It'll ask your to connect your controller via USB. Do that, then select "Rebuild Database." It will only delete your messages and has been rumored to fix issues with disc reading occasionally.
    Thanks for the tip but it doesn't look like that fixed it...

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I actually think I fixed mine last night with the recovery menu. Mine was clicking even when a disc wasn't be played, so I ran the "Rebuild Database" and it's been working without a sound for the past day and a half.
    Interesting. I will have to try this and see what it does.

Fable 3.......hmmmmm. Got halfway, cannot find the will to continue it. It feels so hollow in just about everyway.

I'm really starting to get the itch for a new baseball game. Hopefully the demos will be out sooner this year.

I've been mostly a 360 guy, but I finally gave in and bought a PS3.
    Last edited by HWill; 01-17-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Any of you guys getting Little Big Planet 2 tomorrow? I probably will.

I didn't like LittleBigPlanet so LBP2 is a no go.

It'll be here tomorrow morning. Can't wait.

I'll get LBP 2 eventually, never finished 1 though....and now gotta start over with last summer's YLOD....as I have to do with a ton of games.

Quote Originally Posted by UGA14 View Post
    Any of you guys getting Little Big Planet 2 tomorrow? I probably will.
    No LBP2 for me ... I will be picking up Mass Effect 2 though.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

No LBP 2 for me. Maybe when it's half price I would get it for the kids but I wasn't a huge fan of the first one. It was fun but I got bored with it quickly. I think the concept was cooler than the actual game. The Play..Create..Share works better with ModNation Racers.