Page 42 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I picked up the Dark Edition on Tuesday when it came out but I haven't played it yet. I'm trying to knock some other games out of the way first, but I can't wait to start it.

I downloaded the Ghost Recon beta and gave it about 3 hours worth of play. It's extremely smooth online so that's obviously a very good thing. There is, however, an absolute ton of unbalanced game play features. For example, don't even bother firing without holding L2/LT to aim...you wont even graze anything with hip fire which is really disappointing. There's powerups where the opposing team can see you through walls. The shotgun has an unbelievably long range. There's other things, but nothing that can't be fixed. It is fun, so it looks like I'm keeping my preorder.

Also, dedicated spawn points! Woo!
    Yeah, I played 5 games tonight of Conflict, it was incredibly smooth. That was very nice. Ended the 5 matches with a 4-1 record and finished 2nd place in score on my team four times and finished 3rd my last game. I agree with the hip fire. Even aiming L2/LT, I still miss a bunch. I have to pretty much physically aim down the sights just to hit anything (consistently at least) from further than 30 meters away. But hip fire isn't too big of an issue for me as I almost constantly aim when shooting based on playing the Battlefield 3 beta, playing COD, playing other shooters, etc.

I did notice the powerups, but being titled Future Soldier, I can overlook some of the stuff like throwing the sensors that let you see where enemies are behind walls and objects, especially since they don't last a long time. The shotgun, I can't comment on that, as I didn't come across the shotgun at all while playing tonight, but overpowered shotguns seems to be becoming a trend lately, first with Battlefield 3 and now Future Soldier.

I will say this beta has made me very interested in the game. I played the demo for Advanced Warfighter 2 and I didn't really like the way it played, seemed jerky on the controls, so I haven't really paid much attention to the Ghost Recon series lately. But I was somewhat interested after seeing Future Soldier talked about at E3 last year, and then after playing this beta for an hour or two, it has definitely caught my attention. There wasn't any game that I had any intention of buying until NCAA 13 came out, but looks like this one going to get added to the list. Hopefully they put out a single player demo before it releases so I can get a feel for the single player side before I go and make the pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by DariusLock View Post
    Anyone got a code or do I gotta buy psn plus lol.
    I have no idea as I've never owned or played on a PS3, but if the four codes (I ended up getting an extra beta code in addition to the three I got in the email from Ubisoft) I have work on both PS3 and Xbox Live, you can have one the codes as no one has asked for any of them so far.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I have no idea as I've never owned or played on a PS3, but if the four codes (I ended up getting an extra beta code in addition to the three I got in the email from Ubisoft) I have work on both PS3 and Xbox Live, you can have one the codes as no one has asked for any of them so far.
    They're 360 only. If you're a plus member on PS3 you can get it, but other than that, you'd need to preorder at GS and I think it's too late for that.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    They're 360 only. If you're a plus member on PS3 you can get it, but other than that, you'd need to preorder at GS and I think it's too late for that.
    Ahh, alright. Sorry Darius, I guess I can't help you out then. I didn't even know about the beta until I got the email yesterday, and I only got that because I bought Splinter Cell Conviction two years ago.

Who all has the Future Soldier beta for 360? We should try to get a group together.

I tried to play last night and god was it ugly. First group, none of my teammates seemed to have any clue what the hell they were doing. They were acting like it was COD, just running around like chickens with their heads cut off shooting at stuff left and right. Meanwhile, I'm getting killed repeatedly trying to capture or defend objectives because I'm all by myself with no one to watch my back, resulting in multiple 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 encounters.

Second group, we were actually communicating via headset and trying to work together, but everyone wanted to be a rifleman, resulting in one engineer on the enemy team being able to throw a sensor and their entire team just destroying us, especially after they were able to get our flanks and we were pinned down to the area around and near our spawn.

We need to get a team together of various classes. 2, maybe 3 engineers to get a sensor or two out to help spot enemies, 2 or 3 scouts to do some distance sniping, and the rest rifleman to lay down suppressing fire with LMGs.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    If someone still has a beta code, hit me up and I'll check it out and get together with you Smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    If someone still has a beta code, hit me up and I'll check it out and get together with you Smooth.
    Check your PMs. Beta code coming your way.

Check your PMs. Beta code coming your way.
    Awesome man. You plan on playin' tonight any?

Forgot I have a 360. Send one my way smooth.

Forgot I have a 360.
    Quote Originally Posted by bash.org
    <erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Awesome man. You plan on playin' tonight any?
    I should be a little bit later here. I know one or two of my friends that I gave codes to should hopefully be on as well to team up with.

Forgot I have a 360. Send one my way smooth.
    How'd you forget you had a 360? But no problem. You're in luck, I have one last code to give away. Check your PMs.

Kerbal Space Program

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I should be a little bit later here. I know one or two of my friends that I gave codes to should hopefully be on as well to team up with.
    So, apparently I fucked up the redeem code by starting the download but cancelling it because I wanted to wait on downloading it and now I can't get the download to work again.

Looks like I wasted that code...

So, apparently I fucked up the redeem code by starting the download but cancelling it because I wanted to wait on downloading it and now I can't get the download to work again.

Looks like I wasted that code...
    You can't get it started back up by going into your download history? What about trying and see if the code would at least get you back to the download screen?

Nevermind. I forgot about the download history allowing you to redownload stuff.

Now I just gotta wait...

Hmm... Nevermind. The download keeps fuckin' up and won't work. So weird...

That's messed up. Not sure why it keeps fuckin' up. It downloaded without an issue for me the other day, and two of my friends that I gave codes to yesterday were able to download it seemingly fine it sounds like. Maybe try again later on if all I can think of. Hopefully you're able to get it working. Get you, me, Darius, I OU all on a team, we could cause some havoc.

just bought burnout paradise.....something new to try

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    just bought burnout paradise.....something new to try
    Absolutely love that game. Wish they'd make a sequel.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

How'd you forget you had a 360? But no problem. You're in luck, I have one last code to give away. Check your PMs.
    Lol I never play it, just got Gears, Mass Effect, Dead Island, and Skyrim. My brother gave me Gears and Mass Effect 3 and I have not even played them.