Page 4 of 142 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    It was when Madison was on the doctor's table...so I looked to see how to escape from the table and replayed it
    I messed up on that section too the first time. I also didn't save someone one of the other characters by accident from dying so on my first playthough, I kept 2 alive and 2 died. After I beat it, I went back and replayed a lot of the branching scenes to get a different outcome.

found madden 11 at walmart.com for $37.99, so i went to best buy and asked them if they would price match it, since they had madden 11 marked at $60. the chick behind the counter said they would but only if it was an in-store price. she checks, asks the manager if it was an online-only price; he checks it, says it probably is an online only price, but because it doesnt specifically say "online only", best buy will honor the price match guarantee.

i just thought it was funny, cuz during the whole time, he said, "i dont want to bad mouth walmart or anything, but most of the time, they wont even honor their own website prices in-store. thats not very cool to their customers." the chick also had this funny look on her face as she asked the manager, "how can they offer it that low?"

anyways, best buy matched the $37.99 price, and when i used a $25 gift card, i ended up getting it for only $16.22. pretty good deal, i thought.

You all suck ... no one died on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I never even finished the demo on Heavy Rain. I might have to reconsider this game. Not sure if it's for me though. Just like God of War 3 which just isn't my type of game.
    It's like God of War III in terms of the Quick Time events, but otherwise it's nothing like God of War. The quick time events get pretty intuitive after a while, and other than one scene near the end of the game, you can mess up on a lot of the events and still succeed at the game. You can also change the settings based on how comfortable you are with the controller, which would influence how complex the events become.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Good interview at IGN with the Lead Designer of Homefront: http://pc.ign.com/articles/114/1142911p1.html

Talks about the set pieces and the FPS genre in general, and a lot of the factors going into the game's design. Good read anyway, but especially for someone like me that's interested in game design.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    You all suck ... no one died on me.
    Great job, Game of the Year! LOL!

You gotta go back and see some of the bad endings. You remember how sad the game was in the beginning after Jason died? Watch some endings where any (or all) of the characters die. Like I said, on my first playthrough, I played it out, no matter what happened. On subsequent playthroughs, I played "storyteller" and altered things to get different results.

Oh, I'm planning to replay it, just haven't had time ... and, honestly, it's tough to get myself to get back into the mood of playing such an incredibly emotional game.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Oh, I'm planning to replay it, just haven't had time ... and, honestly, it's tough to get myself to get back into the mood of playing such an incredibly emotional game.
    Here's a YouTube video of all the endings if you don't ever have time. SUPER SPOILERS!!!

Spoiler: show

I will be platinuming it, eventually, so I don't need spoilers

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Thanks for that. Now I don't have to play it a billion more times...

Heavy Rain was game of the year for me. Never played anything that drew me in like that. I didn't want to do anything else. In a world where it's so hard to distinguish the difference between games - Heavy Rain was absolutely amazing. I never thought I'd like that kind of game. I like shooters and sports games.

I got one of the endings where the little boy lived, but so did the killer. Everyone else died. What a game...
    Last edited by UGA14; 01-10-2011 at 06:34 AM. Reason: spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by UGA14 View Post
    Heavy Rain was game of the year for me. Never played anything that drew me in like that. I didn't want to do anything else. In a world where it's so hard to distinguish the difference between games - Heavy Rain was absolutely amazing. I never thought I'd like that kind of game. I like shooters and sports games.

I got one of the endings where the little boy lived, but so did the killer. Everyone else died. What a game...
    How it ended my very first playthough. Spoilers below

Both Madison and Lauren died. Madison died in the basement of the crazy dude. I couldn't get out of the ropes fast enough. Lauren dying was an accident. I didn't mean to have Lauren die but I broke the window before unbuckling her seatbelt in the submerged car. Ethan did save Shaun and Norman became famous for stopping the Oragami Killer. I also completed all 5 trials with Ethan. The only one I don't think I could have done in real life if I were in that situation was the 3rd one, where he had to cut off a finger. All the other ones, including the last, I would've done with no hesitation.
    Last edited by souljahbill; 01-09-2011 at 06:29 PM.

So my PS3 won't read blu-ray discs (games or movies). It will load the disc into the tray, act like it will attempt to read it, then after it would normally begin loading the disc, the drive clunks like it's going to kick the disc out (or suck it in further) but the disc never comes out. I can press the eject button and it comes out just fine. Nothing ever happens on the GUI... never gives an error, never shows the game to be able to start it, etc.

About the only suggestions I've found (other than send it to Sony) are to clean out the dust and also to use a laser lens cleaning disc. Any other thoughts?
    Last edited by gschwendt; 01-13-2011 at 04:54 PM.

Happened to me 3 times. Bad Bluray Drive. You can try cleaning, but I tried that the first time and it didn't help at all. Sony charges $150 to fix it if it's out of the one year warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Happened to me 3 times. Bad Bluray Drive. You can try cleaning, but I tried that the first time and it didn't help at all. Sony charges $150 to fix it if it's out of the one year warranty.
    What's strange is that it was working perfectly fine on Sunday. Then, I've been out of town up until today (with the heat off in the house if that factors in) and it starts acting up today... first sign of any defect.

G, when you put the disc in, do you see the icon in the top right that indicates it's reading the disc? If you see that, then I agree with I OU -- bad drive. I had to ship mine to Sony when it had that problem. Personally wouldn't trust the cleaning discs, but that's just my opinion.

Psp2 info Jan 27.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    What's strange is that it was working perfectly fine on Sunday. Then, I've been out of town up until today (with the heat off in the house if that factors in) and it starts acting up today... first sign of any defect.
    My first two froze while playing a game and stopped working after I rebooted. The last time is just randomly stopped after I had tried to play for the first time in 3 days. They're notorious for breaking a LOT, but unlike Microsoft, Sony is just really good at covering up just how often that happens. If you have a phat, I'd suggest possibly getting a new slim. The newer slims have bluray drives that are actually manufactured by Sony and are said to be much better even though the 3rd system that I had the issue with was a slim. I've had my current slim for a few months and it's already starting to make clicking noises.

Wow I guess I've been lucky (knock on wood) I still have a launch 60 GB fatty thats runnin'.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    My first two froze while playing a game and stopped working after I rebooted. The last time is just randomly stopped after I had tried to play for the first time in 3 days. They're notorious for breaking a LOT, but unlike Microsoft, Sony is just really good at covering up just how often that happens. If you have a phat, I'd suggest possibly getting a new slim. The newer slims have bluray drives that are actually manufactured by Sony and are said to be much better even though the 3rd system that I had the issue with was a slim. I've had my current slim for a few months and it's already starting to make clicking noises.
    Mine's doing it too and it's worrying me (since my 360 has completely stopped reading discs now and is WELL out of the warranty).

Yeah, it's worrying me too. It's my second slim and the other one never did that, so I don't think it's the norm.