Page 3 of 142 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 2823

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

  1. #41
    Booster JeffHCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South County, STL
    Posts
    12,956
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: JeffHCross
    PS3 hacked again, this time probably for good, because of some basic flaws in their internal security chain.

    http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/29/h...epic-programm/
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

  2. #42
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,244
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    PS3 hacked again, this time probably for good, because of some basic flaws in their internal security chain.

    http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/29/h...epic-programm/
    I hear the good thing about this hack is the ability to use Linux again.

  3. #43
    Booster JeffHCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South County, STL
    Posts
    12,956
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: JeffHCross
    Yes, but, realistically, the majority of people that were using Linux on the PS3 were either hackers or the DoD. And I know one of those two isn't going to employ this hack ...
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

  4. #44
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,244
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Yes, but, realistically, the majority of people that were using Linux on the PS3 were either hackers or the DoD. And I know one of those two isn't going to employ this hack ...
    I think Violator was using Linux on his system...the big bonus of that is you can play NES/SNES roms on the PS3.

  5. #45
    Administrator gschwendt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    11,221
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: gschwendt
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I think Violator was using Linux on his system...the big bonus of that is you can play NES/SNES roms on the PS3.
    That and you could use it to watch webcast videos on your TV that the PS3 browser isn't compatible with (ie ESPN3).

  6. #46
    Booster JeffHCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South County, STL
    Posts
    12,956
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: JeffHCross
    Oh, there are a lot of upsides. Just few people that actually used it.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

  7. #47
    Yeah I used it for programming some stuff as well as a ROM machine. Glad if I can get it back, that will free up a comp and get that comp to the pure media server it was supposed to be.

    Edit: Wow if that is the actual case (Sony not generating randoms) that is to quote him " an epic fail on Sony's part" that is pretty funny if that is the actual case. i am not surprised that Sony missed it. That makes me happy that I might be able to get my hands on it within a month!!
    Last edited by Violator; 12-30-2010 at 09:58 PM.

  8. #48
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,244
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    Quote Originally Posted by Violator View Post
    Yeah I used it for programming some stuff as well as a ROM machine. Glad if I can get it back, that will free up a comp and get that comp to the pure media server it was supposed to be.

    Edit: Wow if that is the actual case (Sony not generating randoms) that is to quote him " an epic fail on Sony's part" that is pretty funny if that is the actual case. i am not surprised that Sony missed it. That makes me happy that I might be able to get my hands on it within a month!!

  9. #49
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    6,945
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    I blogged my review of James Bond Blood Stone for the PS3. It's a game that grew on me the more I played it and accepted it's faults. Worth picking up on sale if you like 3rd person shooters and have any interest in James Bond.

    http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...d-stone-review

  10. #50
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,244
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    I'm about more than halfway through Heavy Rain.....WOW

  11. #51
    Heisman souljahbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    6,629
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: souljahbill14 PSN ID: souljahbill Wii Code: 3329 - 8987 - 9492 - 9939
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I'm about more than halfway through Heavy Rain.....WOW
    My wife wouldn't even let me play it without her being present in the room. Have you done the 3rd trial yet?

  12. #52
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,244
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    My wife wouldn't even let me play it without her being present in the room. Have you done the 3rd trial yet?
    Not sure....I'm at the junkyard right now.

  13. #53
    Heisman I OU a Beatn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    5,548
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: I OU a Beatn PSN ID: IOUaBeatn Steam ID: iouabeatn I OU a Beatn's OriginID: iouabeatn
    You've got a long way to go. I must have sucked when playing, because everyone died.

  14. #54
    Heisman morsdraconis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Posts
    8,299
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: morsdraconis Steam ID: morsdraconis
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    You've got a long way to go. I must have sucked when playing, because everyone died.
    Me too. Everyone died on me too but it still blew me away. I really need to take the time to play through it again and get one of the good endings or something.

  15. #55
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    6,945
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    I never even finished the demo on Heavy Rain. I might have to reconsider this game. Not sure if it's for me though. Just like God of War 3 which just isn't my type of game.

  16. #56
    Heisman souljahbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    6,629
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: souljahbill14 PSN ID: souljahbill Wii Code: 3329 - 8987 - 9492 - 9939
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Not sure....I'm at the junkyard right now.
    The 3rd trial was in an apartment. It's easily the most gruesome of the all the trials and left the biggest impact on me.

    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    You've got a long way to go. I must have sucked when playing, because everyone died.
    The first time I played through it, I had 2 characters died. I've played through it a few more times and have gotten most of the endings including where they all die at the very end and where they all live.

  17. #57
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,244
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    I had one character die, but the trophy whore in me knows you get one for everyone surviving so I went back in the chapters and created a new save point

  18. #58
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,244
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers

  19. #59
    Heisman souljahbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    6,629
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: souljahbill14 PSN ID: souljahbill Wii Code: 3329 - 8987 - 9492 - 9939
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I had one character die, but the trophy whore in me knows you get one for everyone surviving so I went back in the chapters and created a new save point
    So did you carry on with your original game? That's how you got it play through it the first time. Take whatever comes your way. Any playthroughs afterwards, you should play it how you feel.

    I played through the 1 DLC level, The Taxidermist. FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAKY! I was freaked out about "do it wrong" and it's a highly dramatic scene. I recommend getting that also if you like the game.

  20. #60
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,244
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    So did you carry on with your original game? That's how you got it play through it the first time. Take whatever comes your way. Any playthroughs afterwards, you should play it how you feel.

    I played through the 1 DLC level, The Taxidermist. FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAKY! I was freaked out about "do it wrong" and it's a highly dramatic scene. I recommend getting that also if you like the game.
    It was when Madison was on the doctor's table...so I looked to see how to escape from the table and replayed it

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •