Page 2 of 142 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    So, today, my wife and I head over to GameStop to get some games for some kids she knows for Christmas. As we were in line to checkout, she notices that GameStop is taking orders on DLC. She asks, "Why do you need to pre-order DLC? Can't you just buy it on the system?" I said, "Yeah, it's GameStop's way of trying to stay relevant as we slowly transition to the digital download age. You don't need to pre-order DLC because there are infinite copies of it in a computer somewhere." Pre-ordering DLC is the craziest thing I've ever heard.

Its really not that crazy when you think about it, I normally pay my games off over time, especially during this time of year when there a crap ton coming out, so I would guess that would apply to some people as far as DLC is concerned, instead of taking the blunt of buying everything at one time pay off over time like a lay-a-way. Now if you dont do anything of the sorts then yeah you are an idiot for preordering DLC

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    anyone have any recommendations for an rpg that'll take a while to finish?
    I still havent beaten Elder scrolls not counting the DLC for it.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    Its really not that crazy when you think about it, I normally pay my games off over time, especially during this time of year when there a crap ton coming out, so I would guess that would apply to some people as far as DLC is concerned, instead of taking the blunt of buying everything at one time pay off over time like a lay-a-way. Now if you dont do anything of the sorts then yeah you are an idiot for preordering DLC
    It's only, what, $10-$15? Do you really need to pay that off in installments? I get pre-ordering a disc game because a store's space if finite.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    It's only, what, $10-$15? Do you really need to pay that off in installments? I get pre-ordering a disc game because a store's space if finite.
    As a married man YES I DO need to pay it off in installments!! LMAO

If I walk in the door with 6 games and then buy some new DLC she will shit bricks, mostly because I stop her from buying stuff.

With that being said I have never done this with DLC, its been so long since some DLC has come out that I have wanted, but I Normally keep a stash of MS points.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    anyone have any recommendations for an rpg that'll take a while to finish?
    Do you mean JRPG (Japanese RPG) or Western RPG?

Cause, if you mean JRPG, Lost Odyssey is, by far, one of the best RPGs for the 360.

8-bit DJ Hero

I ahve FF XIV. Not experienced with an MMO and I sure as hell suck with a keyboard/mouse. Need to get this ps3 controller working.

The VGAs were sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad this year. Last year was a good show. This year was just a disaster.

Two hour show that announces a whopping 10 awards. And most of the world premiere trailers ... well ... sucked.

Elder Scrolls might have been the only game announced that I didn't already know was coming.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    The VGAs were sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad this year. Last year was a good show. This year was just a disaster.

Two hour show that announces a whopping 10 awards. And most of the world premiere trailers ... well ... sucked.

Elder Scrolls might have been the only game announced that I didn't already know was coming.
    That's kind of the way of the world now though. Surprise is rare. But HOLY SHIT I'm excited to hear that Elder Scrolls V is finally a reality. Oblivion is the game that jump started me back into the RPG realm.

I am not the type for collector editions but the killzone 3 one has me interested, I think I can look at the helghast helmet more than I could the halo one.

My wallet is going to hate 2011:
    Likely to Buy
    Brink - April
    Red Faction: Armageddon - May
    Resistance 3 - September
    Batman: Arkham City - October
    Uncharted 3 - November
    Infamous 2 - December

Other Big Games
    Little Big Planet 2 - January
    Dead Space 2 - January
    Bulletstorm - February
    Killzone 3 - February
    Dragon Age 2 - March
    Crysis 2 - March
    Mortal Kombat - April
    Motorstorm Apocalypse - June
    L.A. Noire - June
    Rage - September
    Elder Scrolls V - November
    Mass Effect 3 - December
    Modern Warfare 3 - December
    Fight Night Champion - December
    Duke Nukem Forever - December
    Twisted Metal - December
    Max Payne 3 - December

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    I am not the type for collector editions but the killzone 3 one has me interested, I think I can look at the helghast helmet more than I could the halo one.
    I preordered it the second it was announced. Not only is it the coolest collector's edition I've seen, but it's probably the best value. For $130 you get a Helghast helmet and display stand, a action figure of a Helghast marksman, an art book, 2 remastered maps from Killzone 2, a dynamic theme, the soundtrack, and then a code that grants access to double XP and all weapons and abilities for your first 24 hours of gameplay. That. Is. Awesome.

Sony is absolutely awesome at collector's edition. GT5 was a damn good one, too.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    That's kind of the way of the world now though. Surprise is rare.
    Disagree. The VGAs last year had some decent announcements. Or at least it seemed like they did, but it's plausible that I'm confusing it with other shows.

The Spike VGAs may have put on a brave front this year, but the ratings have once again shown a decline, reports Variety. 627,000 people tuned in on Saturday night, a three percent drop from last year -- about 20,000 viewers. To help put that figure into context, the show's debut in 2007 enjoyed a much more substantial 921,000 viewers.

It wasn't all a total downer, though (unless you actually watched the show, we guess). The VGAs actually saw a rise in viewers within key demographics. The Neil Patrick Harris-hosted show received a 12 percent boost in adult viewers aged 18 to 49, from 370,000 last year to 450,000, while 18- to 34-year-old viewers increased in number by five percent, from 278,000 viewers last year to 292,000 this year. Men aged 18 to 34 showed the most significant rise -- 15 percent over last year, from 281,000 viewers to 251,000.

(Amazed that it only draws that many viewers, figured it would be at least over a mil.)

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I really didn't give a shit about it. Any trailer that they come out with will be available online within 6-8 hours. Why watch when I can just catch it online later?

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    (Amazed that it only draws that many viewers, figured it would be at least over a mil.)
    It's ... Spike. Most people probably can't even find Spike on their TV. And it was a horrid, horrid show.

I know I don't watch it. I like playing video games but not enough to watch a show about it. And I find I'm caring less and less about even playing the games as I get older. Oh man.

From today until January 2nd, you'll get 4x cash on Uncharted 2 multiplayer.

Last edited by JeffHCross; 12-23-2010 at 09:05 PM.