Page 138 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 2833

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    I completely forgot about that Hannah Montana game.

Thanks for the reminder Steeler!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/...-to-loot-boxes

EA has stated it wants the economy to be "fair" in its games, which is why loot boxes have been done away with.
    It was at the word "Fair" that I almost stopped reading the article as tears rolled down my eyes from the laughter.

You have to look at it from the perspective of what's fair. Fair is the number one thing. When you buy a product from us, you should get full value for the money you spend."
    That is the use of Fair for the third time and we are only on paragraph number three.

"There should be a fair game economy in the game so you can't pay to win,"
    There is number four. So you are going to stop selling card packs for MUT and FUT? That is only fair as it is obviously a pay to win scheme.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-play-solution

"We're hearing it. We're looking at a lot of the possibilities. You can imagine that the circumstances around that affect a lot more than just one game. I'm confident we'll get to a solution which will be understood and accepted by our gaming community, while at the same time supporting our business."
    We hear you and we shall continue to think of the children and the children of our shareholders.

I can see their point as the market leader but it's not what is best for their community and it can start taking a toll on what is best for their business. This is the same company that does not allow you to change your PSN ID.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 06-27-2018 at 05:01 PM.

https://kotaku.com/sources-google-is...1827217387/amp

Sources: Google Is Planning A Game Platform That Could Take On Xbox And PlayStation

Last edited by bdoughty; 06-28-2018 at 06:32 PM.

I am still very sceptical of streaming services for AAA games. Bandwidth is still a problem.

Fired up Heavy Rain this morning and they do a terrible job of getting you interested in the game. Detroit throws you right into an awesome scene and then slows it down as you learn the characters and controls. But the first scene hooks you right away. HR has you shower and wander around your house. I’m not a fan of the L2 thought button or having to hold R2 to walk instead of just using your joystick. The graphics are PS3 and it’s tough to go back from Detroit which looks fantastic. I will give it another chance but hopefully it picks up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Fired up Heavy Rain this morning and they do a terrible job of getting you interested in the game. Detroit throws you right into an awesome scene and then slows it down as you learn the characters and controls. But the first scene hooks you right away. HR has you shower and wander around your house. I’m not a fan of the L2 thought button or having to hold R2 to walk instead of just using your joystick. The graphics are PS3 and it’s tough to go back from Detroit which looks fantastic. I will give it another chance but hopefully it picks up.
    If you’ve never played Heavy Rain, just power through. You won’t regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first hour of Heavy Rain has to be the most boring and tedious hour of any video game I’ve ever played. this was a horrible start after finishing Detroit Become Human. Finally got to the next character. This better pick up.

The detective and FBI are better. Ethan chapters so boring though. Wish I could skip.
    Last edited by Rudy; 07-18-2018 at 08:20 AM.

The first hour of Heavy Rain has to be the most boring and tedious hour of any video game I’ve ever played. this was a horrible start after finishing Detroit Become Human. Finally got to the next character. This better pick up.

The detective and FBI are better. Ethan chapters so boring though. Wish I could skip.
    Pretty much. It does get better but not much. I actually preferred their original game Indigo Prophecy aka Fahrenheit in the rest of the world.

This game is on a short leash. The Jason scene did not move me at all. I just wanted it to end.

Ethan gets much better because he has to make tough decisions going forward. The FBI agent was forgettable to me. Shelby was always great. And the reporter has one scene that I wasn’t ready for and it didn’t turn out well.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Pretty much. It does get better but not much. I actually preferred their original game Indigo Prophecy aka Fahrenheit in the rest of the world.

It isn’t getting much better. A murder mystery with a Seven like setting is interesting but so much about this game is tedious. Everything is worse that Detroit and by a lot. So much unnecessary stuff, wonky controls and the voice acting is weak imo. Very close to quitting. If I have to yell Jason one more time I’m shutting the game off.

If I have to yell Jason one more time I’m shutting the game off.

The dude abides.

I found a funny and spot on criticism of Heavy Rain from years ago after the author played about 4 hours. Probably the same as me although I think I played a bit more before quitting. Not too many spoilers for those that haven’t played it.

“Heavy Rain is the story of a man who gets depressed because his child is too stupid to live. Ethan is either the dumbest or most self-destructive character I've come across in ages.”

https://gamecritics.com/daniel-weiss...ritten-part-1/

I found a funny and spot on criticism of Heavy Rain from years ago after the author played about 4 hours. Probably the same as me although I think I played a bit more before quitting. Not too many spoilers for those that haven’t played it.

“Heavy Rain is the story of a man who gets depressed because his child is too stupid to live. Ethan is either the dumbest or most self-destructive character I've come across in ages.”

https://gamecritics.com/daniel-weiss...ritten-part-1/

Clearly not a fan.

Oh well. You tried. Not everything is for everyone.

My wife and I LOVED it back when it came out. She wouldn’t let me play unless she was there. She claims she figured out who the origami killer was but I didn’t hear her vocalize it until after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    My wife and I LOVED it back when it came out. She wouldn’t let me play unless she was there. She claims she figured out who the origami killer was but I didn’t hear her vocalize it until after the fact.
    I was not even close as the killer was not even in my top 3.

Spoiler: show
    I had Ethan and then Carter Blake if I remember correctly.

I think Yahtzee summed up the game the best.

Last edited by bdoughty; 07-24-2018 at 08:26 AM.

The controller itself is amazing, I forget where I posted about here but it is somewhere.

But to make the unboxing so simple you can open everything with your teeth? That is dedication.

People spend hours watching gadget unboxings on YouTube, but you rarely see a box that’s designed to be opened with just your teeth. That’s a design consideration that Microsoft has taken to heart for its new Xbox Adaptive Controller packaging. “A lot of these limited mobility gamers are actually used to opening packages with their teeth,” explains Mark Weiser, a packaging designer at Microsoft. “We wanted to avoid any damage.”

Microsoft has created packaging that includes loops, multiple access points, hinges, levers, and ribbons to make it as easy as possible to unbox this new controller. Even the outside of the packaging that the main box will ship in has a loop that can be peeled away to reveal the main box. The main box includes a ribbon that can be pulled to activate a flap that lays flat to cushion the controller once a user pulls on the loop to remove it from the box. It’s a fascinating mechanism that shows the level of thought and detail that went into designing this.

Pretty interesting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Just a reminder to how much money I blew on the 3DO just to play Madden.