Page 135 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 2833

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Man fatally shoots 68-year-old mother in the head over broken video game headset

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.3754550

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Man fatally shoots 68-year-old mother in the head over broken video game headset

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.3754550

Figured it was ram but then saw he was only 28.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Figured it was ram but then saw he was only 28.
    🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This crap just getting worse and I'm sure the math isn't all that different from MUT.

1of 2 things are going to happen at some point - #1 government regulation requiring only 21+ up to play these games and/or a these games stop selling when the masses have had enough

A 3rd would be government regulation requiring that the buyer knows exactly what they're getting when they purchase it, eliminating the "gambling" aspect.

That's the one I'm rooting for, anyway. I'd root for people getting fed up but people are too stupid.

This game looks pretty damn cool...

The dude abides.

LMFAO this crytpo currency bubble is going to be hilarious when it pops.

This sounds like an interesting entry in the battle royale genre...

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/7/169...e-announcement
    The dude abides.

Nothing me and my daughter are playing Shadow of the Colossus. Not sure it deserves 90+ on Metacritic but it’s an interesting and unique game. Never played the original. We have both beaten the first two. She died on the third one although I haven’t even seen it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Nothing me and my daughter are playing Shadow of the Colossus. Not sure it deserves 90+ on Metacritic but it’s an interesting and unique game. Never played the original. We have both beaten the first two. She died on the third one although I haven’t even seen it yet.
    One of my favorite games from the PS2 era. The 3rd boss is when it starts getting difficult if I remember correctly. You may feel different about the score once you beat it. I thought it was an amazing experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The platforming controls are bad and infuriating at times in Colossus. For the third boss you have to jump from a bridge to a ledge just to get to the boss. I kept missing and falling in the water which makes you swim all the way around and do it over. I did it successfully once and then during the boss fight fell off the ledge and had to redo it. After another bunch of failures I quit. So frustrating. Bad design and controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    The platforming controls are bad and infuriating at times in Colossus. For the third boss you have to jump from a bridge to a ledge just to get to the boss. I kept missing and falling in the water which makes you swim all the way around and do it over. I did it successfully once and then during the boss fight fell off the ledge and had to redo it. After another bunch of failures I quit. So frustrating. Bad design and controls.
    I hear ya. Back on the PS2, I HATED controlling the horse. All I could think about was how easy it was to control Link’s horse in Zelda games and how ridiculously stiff Wanderer’s horse is.

Not every game is for everybody. He’ll, I almost quit a unanimous GotY contender in Horizon Zero Dawn Judy because of how frustrating combat was. If you quit it, I don’t think you’ll miss out on much, especially if you haven’t played Ico.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My kids laughed at me when I was bitching about it since they had no problems. But after falling into the water for like the 10th time I rage quit lol. I did it this morning while they were sleeping so I'll have one of the urchins do it for me later. I think they have both beaten the 3rd boss and my son is actually interested too and was fighting the 4th. Snow day for the kids today!

Time is running short for EA et al. and their pseudo-gambling pay-to-win scheme(s).

My advice would be they better slap an "A" rating or come up with a new one for 21 y.o. + and in the description indicate the game has gambling like aspects where a player can purchase spin the wheel of microtransaction luck.

Otherwise, the liberals are coming to regulate and you aren't going to like it when noone under 21 can even buy or even PLAY Madden.

It's a LOT more than just EA.

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post

It's a LOT more than just EA.

Indeed thus the "et al." ​in my previous post

Academic writing is full of little conventions that may seem opaque to the uninitiated. One of these is the Latin phrase et al., an abbreviation meaning “and others.” It is used to shorten lists of author names in text citations to make repeated referencing shorter and simpler.
    Last edited by CLW; 02-16-2018 at 09:16 PM.

Very tempted to DL Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Any one it ?

I was going to ask the same thing, jaymo. I had never heard of it until stumbling across it in the PS Store and noticing it in the Popular tab.

I actually bought it earlier this week because I kept seeing it pop up. Warning, it is a first person game, so if you have issues or problems playing first person view games, this probably won't work well.

Also, don't expect something on the level of Skyrim, the Witcher 3 visually (or probably gameplay wise). This was a crowd funded game by a small, roughly 100 person Czech studio, so the graphics aren't Triple A quality, but also not terrible.

As for mechanics, combat and controls, I can't speak about that yet as I only briefly played the beginning Thursday, I believe it was, but haven't been back on since, so I haven't been able to delve deeper into the game and combat.

I would say check out reviews and maybe watch a couple live streams first to make sure it looks like something that you'll enjoy playing.

I do like that it has a Skyrim type setup for skills. Henry (the main character), can't read at the beginning, you have to specifically visit a certain person and train to learn to read. You have to take care of your clothes and weapons as they will get dirty, torn or break down due to combat and wear and tear during the game. You can sharpen your weapons or pay to have them sharpened and level up your skills to better sharpen them by yourself. Stuff like that. There's a lot of skills you can level up Skyrim-style.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I actually bought it earlier this week because I kept seeing it pop up. Warning, it is a first person game, so if you have issues or problems playing first person view games, this probably won't work well.

Also, don't expect something on the level of Skyrim, the Witcher 3 visually (or probably gameplay wise). This was a crowd funded game by a small, roughly 100 person Czech studio, so the graphics aren't Triple A quality, but also not terrible.

As for mechanics, combat and controls, I can't speak about that yet as I only briefly played the beginning Thursday, I believe it was, but haven't been back on since, so I haven't been able to delve deeper into the game and combat.

I would say check out reviews and maybe watch a couple live streams first to make sure it looks like something that you'll enjoy playing.

I do like that it has a Skyrim type setup for skills. Henry (the main character), can't read at the beginning, you have to specifically visit a certain person and train to learn to read. You have to take care of your clothes and weapons as they will get dirty, torn or break down due to combat and wear and tear during the game. You can sharpen your weapons or pay to have them sharpened and level up your skills to better sharpen them by yourself. Stuff like that. There's a lot of skills you can level up Skyrim-style.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have heard that it's nicknamed "peasant simulator" as a lot of what you do is day-to-day stuff.