Page 130 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 2833

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Capcom bundles up its Disney Afternoon NES classics for PS4, Xbox One and PC

This is awesome, loved Duck Tales and Chip N Dale for NES.
    The dude abides.

This is going to be so great. They are adding everything I thought was missing from the first.

Love Super Mega Baseball - definitely going to pick it up again.

BTW - been sinking a TON of time into 3on3 Freestyle. Its a Free to Play game of street 3 on 3 basketball. Game is really fun (its not all out NBA Jam but not all sim either) but it does crash sometimes and needs some stability support.

Sounds cool, but sounds like it has problems too.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    BTW - been sinking a TON of time into 3on3 Freestyle. Its a Free to Play game of street 3 on 3 basketball. Game is really fun (its not all out NBA Jam but not all sim either) but it does crash sometimes and needs some stability support.
    Speaking of the NBA and arcade games. There is an Indie game that was listed on a Nintendo Switch brochure. NBA Playgrounds and it has the official logo. Odd that it would pop up on the Switch first (marketing wise) or that there would be a sports game, not including Mario, that would be exclusive to the Switch. Could be a multi-platform game but there is hardly any info about it. Developer shows to be Sabre Interactive. They worked on some Halo stuff and sold printers in Scranton, PA.

Hey guys, need some opinions. For those who have played both, if you had to choose between Horizon Zero Dawn and Mass Effect: Andromeda, which would you choose?

That's what I'm currently debating.

For Mass Effect, how important is it that I play the previous games? Worst case, I have Mass Effect 1-3 on my Xbox One via a combination of past Games with Golds and EA Access, so I could blitz through 1-3 and then hit Andromeda.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Hey guys, need some opinions. For those who have played both, if you had to choose between Horizon Zero Dawn and Mass Effect: Andromeda, which would you choose?

That's what I'm currently debating.

For Mass Effect, how important is it that I play the previous games? Worst case, I have Mass Effect 1-3 on my Xbox One via a combination of past Games with Golds and EA Access, so I could blitz through 1-3 and then hit Andromeda.

You need no prior knowledge of the original trilogy to play ME:Andromeda. You'll just miss out on some Easter Eggs which you can look up on YouTube if you want.

I haven't played both but I'd go with Horizon. MEA will be better in 2 months when they finish the initial rollout of announced patches. It's a good game now but it'll be better later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone loves Horizon but me I guess. It's not a shooter so the base combat will be a lot different from ME. Horizon has tons of RPG elements that are poorly explained imo and is more stealth based. Horizon is hard imo and I just don't find the combat that great. If you like to wander around, explore, hunt animals and machines it's cool. The story started strong so I would like to see where it goes. I haven't played ME yet.

Random Video Game Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Everyone loves Horizon but me I guess. It's not a shooter so the base combat will be a lot different from ME. Horizon has tons of RPG elements that are poorly explained imo and is more stealth based. Horizon is hard imo and I just don't find the combat that great. If you like to wander around, explore, hunt animals and machines it's cool. The story started strong so I would like to see where it goes. I haven't played ME yet.
    That's the one thing I can say is absolutely right about MEA. The combat. For all the fuss about facial animations, shooting things is really fun and satisfying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm having a hard time deciding. I could absolutely go for a new shooter. Right now I've got plenty of stealth games I'm playing between Sniper Elite 4 and Ghost Recon Wildlands, since I'm playing more of a long range, sniping, one with the shadows stealth character in Wildlands than run and gun.

On the other hand, I've heard overwhelmingly positive things about Horizon and that was already one my radar since it first showed up at E3.

If anything, I can check out streams of both and actually test drive MEA for 10 hours thanks to EA Access.

If I had a PS4 Horizon would be a must. That said you can save a ton of money on games by switching to...

Still have yet to even do the final boss fight. Every day I am finding new enemies and shrines.

I'm clearly in the minority on Horizon. It gets better reviews overall to the initial Mass Effect prior to patches. I may simply be impatient with all the rpg elements and wish it was less stealth based. Maybe as I get more weapons the combat will improve.
    Last edited by Rudy; 04-09-2017 at 05:09 AM.

I should add that I still love For Honor. One of the most fun games I've played in awhile and my first real online game. I've spent over 50 hours in actual combat and I'd rather be playing that game than Horizon. I'm really only playing Horizon because I bought it and I'm trying to like it but I always go back to For Honor.

Yeah, I'm interested in both Andromeda and Horizon, so it would be pretty much a matter of which one to get first. After watching a couple live streams last night on PS4 and YouTube, as well as thoughts on here, I think I'll go ahead with Horizon first and look at picking up Andromeda later this month or maybe early May after I've whittled my playlist down a little bit.

Even though I'm already in the middle of a couple of stealth oriented games, I love me some RPGs, always have been a big RPG fan since my first introduction to the Final Fantasy series a long 20 years ago when I got surprised with a PS1 for Christmas.

Thanks for the opinions and input everyone!

Canada highlights the new $10 Note.

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/banknotes/banknote150/

Enter the Konami Code for the Easter Egg.

I love it! I'm serious. I love having colours and they also have added a lot of transparency and other things to prevent fakes.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 Ad leak.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sn.../1100-6449451/

Nintendo discontinues the NES Classic worldwide and rumor is they are going to have an SNES Classic this Christmas.