Page 11 of 142 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I still have yet to buy Shogun 2. I've got Rome, Medieval II, Empire, and Napoleon all installed on my computer, but haven't gotten yet to getting Shogun 2. I definitely love the series. I have wasted TONS of hours on the various editions, with Rome and Empire being the ones I have spent the most time on of them all.
    Well, I'm pretty terrible at them, but the strategy aspects (I've been watchin' a lot of youtube commentary videos of people playing) of Shogun 2 has really interested me. It's simplistic yet incredibly complex in it's simplicity which is what really interests me about it.

If both sides of this work with a PS3, then I imagine I'll pick this up after it's released:
    http://pulse-eight.com/store/product...rd-hybrid.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    So, I've been super interested in the Total War series and, specifically now, Shogun 2: Total War. I've never been huge into RTS (Real-Time Strategy) games as I really just don't have the mental facilities to keep track of some much shit happening at once, but, the great thing about Total War is it really comes down to controlling individual aspects of a much larger single army and it doesn't make you juggle all of that with building, upgrading, gathering, and all that shit so it lets you concentrate on the strategy aspects of the game without having to juggle a million things at once.
    Ehhhhhh ... that's a bit of a stretch, imo. Unless they changed something specifically for Shogun, there's still empire building and all of that involved. Now, all of the empire stuff on the map is turn-based, so you have time to do one thing at a time and take all the time you want. But during a battle, there's still a healthy amount of micro management involved. Make sure you play a demo before you commit to that.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Ehhhhhh ... that's a bit of a stretch, imo. Unless they changed something specifically for Shogun, there's still empire building and all of that involved. Now, all of the empire stuff on the map is turn-based, so you have time to do one thing at a time and take all the time you want. But during a battle, there's still a healthy amount of micro management involved. Make sure you play a demo before you commit to that.
    Oh I know there's still micromanaging. But it doesn't involve NEARLY as much as something like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, and games of that ilk do.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Oh I know there's still micromanaging. But it doesn't involve NEARLY as much as something like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, and games of that ilk do.
    True. And there's no resource management, which is probably the biggest difference.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    True. And there's no resource management, which is probably the biggest difference.
    Right. That's the part that annoyed me the most. It became a "who could switch between 30 different units and buildings the quickest" contest instead of any actual strategy.

I don't mind having to do the micromanagement of building things, upgrading, etc in a turn based setup. That doesn't bother me at all. It's having to juggle all of that while still doing combat that I never cared for (plus the fact that harassment early and often was really the only strategy that anyone decent used in Starcraft, Warcraft 3, etc).

I was feeling all hyped up to start a new rpg on the DS. I wanted to play Dragon Quest VI, but as i opened it and looked inside i see....Dragon Quest IX. I already own DQ IX but haven't played yet. I really hope i can find my receipt and get this fixed at GAMESTOP. I guess it's wise to always check your games after u buy them but damn....thought i could trust.

If you paid with a credit card, I think they keep receipts in the store computers for like 30 days.

I've bought 3 or 4 used games from Gamestop in the past, only to open it and find no disc at all. I still don't understand how you could forget the main part of the purchase.

But yeah, they'll probably let you swap it out without a receipt. If not, give them a little grief and I'm sure they'll be able to help you right out.

Cause the PSP actually has more than 4 games to play. Wait until Nintendo releases a new Super Mario, Zelda, etc for the 3DS and it'll blow the PSP out of the water like always.

Fancy Pants Adventures came out on PSN yesterday and XBL today. I definitely recommend this $10 title. It's kinda like a Sonic-type game, and the art style is really cool.

NEW YORK (AP) - You've seen her in concert, music videos and in the movies. But a video game maker says the reason you haven't seen Beyonce in a video game - is because she backed out of a project for one - and they are suing the entertainer because of that.

Gate Five LLC has sued Beyonce claiming that she signed in June for a deal to do a game called "Starpower: Beyonce." But before the project came out, the company says Beyonce demanded a new deal - then backed out altogether.

The lawsuit claims Gate Five lost nearly $7 million in investment in the Beyonce deal and estimates it lost more than $100 million in potential profits. And on top of that, some 70 people lost jobs.

Beyonce's publicist didn't immediately respond to inquiries about the lawsuit, which was filed in New York City.

(Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Mario with a Portal Gun

Interesting.

Not sure how that's gonna work out for them. At $2 a day, that's mighty expensive quite quickly.

That would be perfect for one night platinum runs.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    That would be perfect for one night platinum runs.
    Not many games you can do that with though unless you don't sleep.

You'd just have to time it right. You always have to have them back by 9PM the next day. So you could do it on a weekend. Rent it Saturday morning, play through it Saturday, play through it Sunday, bring it back that night before 9, boom...only 2 bucks. I'm sure you could do it with Hannah Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    You'd just have to time it right. You always have to have them back by 9PM the next day. So you could do it on a weekend. Rent it Saturday morning, play through it Saturday, play through it Sunday, bring it back that night before 9, boom...only 2 bucks. I'm sure you could do it with Hannah Montana.
    Well...yeah.

I have never tried Redbox, but there is one at a HyVee on the way home from work....so I may give it a shot just to see how efficient, available, and etc everything is. Granted I'm never really a renter, I'm usually a buyer and seller.