Page 103 of 142 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2833

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Assassin's Creed Unity Runs at 900p/30fps on Xbox One and PS4 to Avoid Debates

Speaking with VideoGamer, senior producer Vincent Pontbriand revealed the figures, which come in below the 1080p/60fps figures that Ubisoft was reportedly targeting for both platforms. And while there is a technical reason for not being able to reach those numbers, Ubisoft decided to make the two console versions identical in the interest of parity. "We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff," Pontbriand explained.

So.... they intentionally created an inferior product on the PS4 just so the MS crowd wouldn't cry like a bunch of babies? Yeah that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    So.... they intentionally created an inferior product on the PS4 just so the MS crowd wouldn't cry like a bunch of babies? Yeah that makes sense.
    Maybe but the frame rate is locked so it's a good tradeoff considering the number of NPCs on screen.

This insane video game collection can be yours for $164,000

https://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugge...171732582.html

Pfttt my collection of roms outgrows this

Damn that is nice though.

Assassin's Creed dev thinks industry is dropping 60 fps standard

"At Ubisoft for a long time we wanted to push 60 fps. I don't think it was a good idea because you don't gain that much from 60 fps and it doesn't look like the real thing. It's a bit like The Hobbit movie, it looked really weird.

Every Ubisoft employee should be forced to play The Last of Us in 60fps and have it randomly switched to 30 locked to see how silly this logic is.

I'm a newb. I can't tell without someone telling or showing me. I only notice frame rate when there's slowdown.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Every Ubisoft employee should be forced to play The Last of Us in 60fps and have it randomly switched to 30 locked to see how silly this logic is.
    Not the the same thing. If you played through Last of Us at a stable 60 fps, then played through it again at a stable 30 fps, you'd probably notice little to no difference. The key is stable.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I was never a 30 vs 60 fps guy until I played the PS4 version of the game, since it allowed you to switch between the two in the settings. Just standing and turning the camera the difference was night and day. Find someone who owns a PS4 and the game and see for yourself.

Imagine if Smooth and Mors got together and made a video game. Character Design and music provided by Steelerfan.

Something tells me that game might be controversial in some way.

That's got my vote for game of the year.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

I already planned to buy Witcher 3 but this is the icing on the cake.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wit.../1100-6423411/

16 Free DLC packs. Free. You buy the game and they give you tons of free content. For every platform.

Anyone played Shadow of Mordor?

I think it looks like a good game.

I was trying to learn more about PS4 vs Xbox1 vs PC versions and it really seems like you're splitting hairs.

http://kotaku.com/shadow-of-mordor-o...-pc-1641755295

Here is another, again seems to be splitting hairs:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...ordor-face-off
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 11-11-2014 at 05:45 PM.

Tempted to get the Black Friday deal.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    The dude abides.

Do you think it's a problem of not a lot of games and pressure from fans and developers to send out un-finished work?

It seems like more than a few games are having problems on next-gen.

Drive Club was supposed to be great, including a PS+ free version, it bombed.

Battlefield, from what I heard had all sorts of issues.

AC Unity, looks to be having all sorts of issues.

NBA Live 14 seem to have problems.

I will say it's kinda sad, we all used to bash EA when NCAA would come out, it would have all sorts of issues and problems then "patches" would come out and usually make things worse, everyone would jump all over EA....well EA isn't making all of these games now that are having these issues....did all the people that used to work on EA's NCAA staff move onto these other companies or are a majority of these gaming companies ok with sending out unfinished, un QAed products?

Another thing I'm learning, slowly but surely is to forget all this nonsense about early releases or midnight releases, etc..etc.. I think I'm much better off waiting a day or week after the game is out to hear if the thing actually works, then investing in it.

I didn't have much choice w/ the AC Unity game, I bought the XBOX1 bundle that had AC Black Flag, which by the way seems really good, and it also came with Unity which wasn't out at the time of me buying the bundle. I bought the bundle with the assumption that Unity would be as good as Black Flag. I read reviews on Black Flag prior to purchasing the bundle and everyone seemed to really like the game. I guess the thing to learn is, just b/c one version is, doesn't mean the next version will be as good or better. (From what I hear the Call of Duty series really took a nose-dive a few games back compared the really good ones that had a few years ago).

Thanks for listening.

Oh PETA, you still crazy.

The server will be made available to the public on Saturday, November 15, with log-in details coming that day.

"True to PETA's mission--and unlike on other Minecraft servers--no animals, not even digital ones, can be harmed on our dedicated Minecraft server!" PETA wrote on its blog today. "Visitors to PETA's custom-made digital island will explore vast expanses of landscapes where the animals of Minecraft roam free. They can also visit extensive vegetable and flower gardens, walk through a fantastic re-creation of PETA's HQ, and discover an abandoned and decaying slaughterhouse."

Open to the public? If this server allows you to edit things, I have 2 hours in before someone creates this.

Last edited by bdoughty; 11-13-2014 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    Do you think it's a problem of not a lot of games and pressure from fans and developers to send out un-finished work?
    It's early in the cycle. Problems like that happen often at the beginning of a console cycle. But yes, the pressure (and expectations) from fans and company management is a factor. The amount of money spent on a AAA title now is insane.

Does anyone know if this would work to be able to hook up a NES via HDMI?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I2ZBD1U/...I30YPWY1OAXIKN
    The dude abides.

I can't tell for sure either, JB. I don't see anywhere on that page where it mentions input options.