Page 106 of 142 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2833

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Ram calls dibs on resident sock fetishist and all around nutjob.

#TheScriptIsDead

If people are interested in writing or creating content (EX: Rudy's SoM review, opinion pieces, other unique/original content, etc.), feel free and let us know. We'd be glad to work with you and help highlight more community content.

FWIW: We are not planning on adding a sock forum at this time. We would not be opposed to publishing any interesting scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    If people are interested in writing or creating content (EX: Rudy's SoM review, opinion pieces, other unique/original content, etc.), feel free and let us know. We'd be glad to work with you and help highlight more community content.

FWIW: We are not planning on adding a sock forum at this time. We would not be opposed to publishing any interesting scripts.
    I hope you're going to keep that a secret from Ram. It might send him into a fit and cause him to damage mother's basement.

On the other hand, I do look forward to some interesting scripts to read. Has anyone gotten a hold of this weekend's Super Bowl script? I'm interested to see how it ends.

#TheScriptIsDead

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I hope you're going to keep that a secret from Ram. It might send him into a fit and cause him to damage mother's basement.

On the other hand, I do look forward to some interesting scripts to read. Has anyone gotten a hold of this weekend's Super Bowl script? I'm interested to see how it ends.

#TheScriptIsDead
    How it ends? I need to know the beginning so I can make some prop bets.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    How it ends? I need to know the beginning so I can make some prop bets.
    Take the OVER on the National Anthem.

Screenshot from H1Z1. I'll buy a bike if this happens

The dude abides.

Dear God they are going to dumb these games down further?

So, I have made my first foray into gaming headsets. Normally I would just use what headsets came with the system, I don't use headsets often enough, only when specific friends are online and we jump into party chat.

But, my old 360 headset died two weeks ago, my mic still worked but the earphone was dead, I couldn't hear shit from it, something with the cable. I was out looking for a new headset and could either get the standard 360 headset for $15 or $20. Or spend a little extra on a pair of Turtle Beach X12s.

I'm sure there are other versions of Turtle Beach headsets or even better brands than Turtle Beach (not sure as I don't really keep track of headsets), but I have to say, I'm loving being able to pipe the game sound into my headset. I'm hearing a ton more things through my headset then I ever have or did through my TV.

For my first purchase of a non plain old vanilla headset, I'm happy. The price point was low enough that even if these end up going to crap early, I won't be too upset, but I also can dip my feet into the headset market, know what to expect in terms of sound or controls and can look at a higher quality (and likely more expensive) headset down the road for my PS4 and One.

#TheScriptIsDead

Yeah it's crazy what you hear. I have a cheap pair too but just playing football you can hear players calling shit out and more on the field sounds

So, I have made my first foray into gaming headsets. Normally I would just use what headsets came with the system, I don't use headsets often enough, only when specific friends are online and we jump into party chat.

But, my old 360 headset died two weeks ago, my mic still worked but the earphone was dead, I couldn't hear shit from it, something with the cable. I was out looking for a new headset and could either get the standard 360 headset for $15 or $20. Or spend a little extra on a pair of Turtle Beach X12s.

I'm sure there are other versions of Turtle Beach headsets or even better brands than Turtle Beach (not sure as I don't really keep track of headsets), but I have to say, I'm loving being able to pipe the game sound into my headset. I'm hearing a ton more things through my headset then I ever have or did through my TV.

For my first purchase of a non plain old vanilla headset, I'm happy. The price point was low enough that even if these end up going to crap early, I won't be too upset, but I also can dip my feet into the headset market, know what to expect in terms of sound or controls and can look at a higher quality (and likely more expensive) headset down the road for my PS4 and One.

#TheScriptIsDead
    Yeah they are great to have. However, I find with football/sports, after about 1.5- 2 hours I start to get a headache so I need to take them off.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Yeah it's crazy what you hear. I have a cheap pair too but just playing football you can hear players calling shit out and more on the field sounds
    Yeah, I'm sure there are probably better quality headsets out there, but considering it was for my 360 and I've never bought an actual full blown gaming headset before, I certainly wasn't spending $100 or $150+ on a headset. $45-$50 was a good enough price range for me to not be too upset if these things up end going to crap early. At least now I know what to expect and I know I'll be able to hook a headset up and not have any problems.

I haven't used them in NCAA yet, but using them in a quick game of COD, my god, I know why I would always get killed so easily. You can clear as day hear the footsteps of anyone running nearby, making them easy targets to mow down. Even for being a "cheap" headset, I'm sold!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Yeah they are great to have. However, I find with football/sports, after about 1.5- 2 hours I start to get a headache so I need to take them off.
    Yeah, I'll have to see how it is for me. I've only had them on maybe an hour at a time, I haven't gone on multiple hour stretches yet with them, so I guess I'll find out eventually when I fire up a game of NCAA.

#TheScriptIsDead
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 02-09-2015 at 07:34 PM.

Yeah I LOVE my Astro A40s. You hear so..... much more with quality headsets than you do with normal speakers

Damn! Yeah, $200 on a headset is a little much for me at the moment. $50 Turtle Beach X12s will more than suffice for my 360 needs.

I'm assuming the Astro A40s are high level quality headsets. I'll have to do some deeper research into headsets when I eventually buy a pair for my PS4/One.

#TheScriptIsDead

Biggest problem I had with my Turtle Beach headset is that there was a hiss to the headset no matter what I did, even when sound wasn't coming through. Are you having anything like that Smooth? I wasn't sure if it was my setup or just a normal problem with that line of headsets (the specific one I had, that is).
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I only get a little hissing in the headset when I have the chat volume turned up. If I turn chat volume down (if I'm not in a party with anyone) and only have game volume turned up, it sounds great. No hissing that I can tell of. That was one thing I have heard about with Turtle Beach, that there can be a hissing, another reason why I stayed a bit on the cheap side for my first headset purchase.

I wasn't about to go $100+ on some random headset. When I buy a headset for my One and PS4 (I definitely can't go back to just the standard headset that comes in the box now after experiencing these things), I'll have to do some in-depth research and get any opinions you guys have of certain brands and versions.

#TheScriptIsDead

Damn! Yeah, $200 on a headset is a little much for me at the moment. $50 Turtle Beach X12s will more than suffice for my 360 needs.

I'm assuming the Astro A40s are high level quality headsets. I'll have to do some deeper research into headsets when I eventually buy a pair for my PS4/One.

#TheScriptIsDead
    As I recall IOU was the one that turned me on to the Astros (go figure) - I think he had A40s then and has now upgraded to the A50s (wireless). I have never purchased another gaming headset so I cannot compare brands but I think the "consensus" is that Astro makes one of if not the best quality headset for gaming.

They are comfortable on my head for hours at a time and the sound is outstanding.