Page 141 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142 LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 2833

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

  1. #2801
    Heisman souljahbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    6,678
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: souljahbill14 PSN ID: souljahbill Wii Code: 3329 - 8987 - 9492 - 9939
    Yeah, if itís not a Saints game or the Super Bowl, Iím not watching. But Iíll gladly watch any G5 game the powers that be put on tv.

    Also, this guy is a bit sensitive about virtual football. If Joe Montana were to die today from a heart attack or something, will he still be horrified to play as his virtual avatar?


    Posted With Tapatalk

  2. #2802
    Heisman jaymo76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,984
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jaymo1976 PSN ID: jaymo12476
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I watch less Pro Football each year but far more college football than ever before.
    +1

  3. #2803
    Administrator cdj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    12,811
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: cdj360 PSN ID: cdj Steam ID: cdjacobs cdj's OriginID: cdj
    Electronic Arts has canceled its open-world Star Wars game, according to three people familiar with goings-on at the company. The game, announced alongside the shutdown of Visceral Games back in 2017, had been in development at EA’s large office in Vancouver.

    EA Vancouver, a large studio that mostly handles support for a variety of the publisher’s games including FIFA and Battlefront, had been working on this open-world Star Wars game since October 2017, when EA closed Visceral Games. Until then, Visceral—best known for its popular Dead Space horror series—was developing its own Star Wars game. That project, code-named Ragtag, was a linear action-adventure game directed by Uncharted director Amy Hennig. EA Vancouver had been assisting on the project, and when EA closed Visceral Games on October 17, 2017, the Vancouver studio took it over.

    But it wouldn’t be accurate to say that EA Vancouver’s Star Wars was the same game as Ragtag. When EA Vancouver took over, it rebooted this Star Wars project entirely, keeping some of the art assets but transforming it into an open-world game.

    It’s not clear what EA Vancouver’s next new game will be. We’ve heard it might be a different Star Wars project. Respawn, the Los Angeles-based studio responsible for Titanfall, is also making a Star Wars game, called Jedi: Fallen Order. That game is currently scheduled for fall 2019.


    Courtesy: Kotaku

  4. #2804
    Heisman souljahbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    6,678
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: souljahbill14 PSN ID: souljahbill Wii Code: 3329 - 8987 - 9492 - 9939

    Random Video Game Talk

    If they would make games because they have a desire to make a good game as gamers themselves and not from some charts and focus testing, they might get a good game out the door.


    Posted With Tapatalk

  5. #2805
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    7,102
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    If they would make games because they have a desire to make a good game as gamers themselves and not from some charts and focus testing, they might get a good game out the door.


    Posted With Tapatalk
    So true. EA big wigs do not have a good pulse on the market. They dropped the linear, off line story game because they said the market doesn’t do well enough with those types of games. Then God of War sells over 3 million games in 3 days in one console. Detroit did well and there is clear evidence that a good, linear game will sell very well. Open world games obviously sell well too without needing an online component. Look at Spiderman. AC Odyssey I think sold well.

    EA needs to stop making all their decisions on how they can suck micro transaction money out of people and just make a good game period.

  6. #2806
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    EA needs to stop making all their decisions on how they can suck micro transaction money out of people and just make a good game period.
    While I have no desire to play it Anthem only has cosmetic micro-transactions and is supposed to be the next big thing for them. They took an ass-eating for the SW Battlefront 2 disaster. They will tread lightly in that department outside of card thingies for sports games because enough sports gamers are obviously content with ponying up for those card packs. NBA 2K series is the biggest offender of them all and it has not affected their sales.

  7. #2807
    I went ahead and pre-ordered my February lineup because I had Christmas money just sitting there doing nothing in my account as January had nothing of interest for me.

    Got the Far Cry New Dawn game, Trials Rising and Metro Exodus. Might take advantage of a game pass deal so I can play Crackdown 3 for cheap.

  8. #2808
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    7,102
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    EB Games has a nice trade in offer tomorrow. $10 minimum trade in value for virtually any current gen game (sports games not allowed though). Gonna go there and pre-order Ace Combat 7. I've already got Anthem pre-ordered from them but if we like the demo I will likely buy it digitally so the kids and I can play together.

  9. #2809
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    7,102
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    I'm not sure I care for how the cockpit looks in Ace Combat 7. It's a very busy screen. I may wait for reviews on this game before pulling the trigger. Might put the games towards a Division 2 pre-order.

  10. #2810
    Heisman jaymo76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,984
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jaymo1976 PSN ID: jaymo12476
    Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Electronic Arts has canceled its open-world Star Wars game, according to three people familiar with goings-on at the company. The game, announced alongside the shutdown of Visceral Games back in 2017, had been in development at EA’s large office in Vancouver.

    EA Vancouver, a large studio that mostly handles support for a variety of the publisher’s games including FIFA and Battlefront, had been working on this open-world Star Wars game since October 2017, when EA closed Visceral Games. Until then, Visceral—best known for its popular Dead Space horror series—was developing its own Star Wars game. That project, code-named Ragtag, was a linear action-adventure game directed by Uncharted director Amy Hennig. EA Vancouver had been assisting on the project, and when EA closed Visceral Games on October 17, 2017, the Vancouver studio took it over.

    But it wouldn’t be accurate to say that EA Vancouver’s Star Wars was the same game as Ragtag. When EA Vancouver took over, it rebooted this Star Wars project entirely, keeping some of the art assets but transforming it into an open-world game.

    It’s not clear what EA Vancouver’s next new game will be. We’ve heard it might be a different Star Wars project. Respawn, the Los Angeles-based studio responsible for Titanfall, is also making a Star Wars game, called Jedi: Fallen Order. That game is currently scheduled for fall 2019.


    Courtesy: Kotaku
    I was really upset to hear this. I was pumped for open world star wars. Typical EA...

  11. #2811
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    7,102
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    I really want to pick up Ace Combat. My order is sitting at EB Games. Couldn’t pick it up yesterday and now we have snow all day. May not make the 30+ minute drive into the city in this junk. First time I have to shovel this year. A near record!

  12. #2812
    Hall of Fame SmoothPancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    16,432
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Smooth Pancakes PSN ID: SmoothPancakes Steam ID: smoothpancakes SmoothPancakes's OriginID: SmoothPancakes
    I got a chance to fire up Ace Combat last night. Made it through the first 7 missions I believe. At the start of either mission 8 or 9. I'm really having fun with it. It's nice to finally be back in a damn cockpit and firing missles and bullets at planes while making high-G turns.

    This is the first air combat game I've played since Hawx and Hawx 2 on the Xbox 360 probably 10 years ago.

    Posted With Tapatalk

  13. #2813
    Administrator cdj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    12,811
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: cdj360 PSN ID: cdj Steam ID: cdjacobs cdj's OriginID: cdj
    I missed this when it was tweeted a couple days ago:


  14. #2814
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    7,102
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    What new Star Wars EA game? My kids were thoroughly bored and uninterested in SW2. They barely played it after liking the first one. I really enjoyed the air combat in the first game but it sucked hard in 2. So much slower and no fun.

    I wish EA hadn’t cancelled their Henig SW project.

  15. #2815
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    What new Star Wars EA game? .
    From the original tweet CDJ posted.

    Respawn, the Los Angeles-based studio responsible for Titanfall, is also making a Star Wars game, called Jedi: Fallen Order. That game is currently scheduled for fall 2019.
    https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/jedi-fallen-order

  16. #2816
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    7,102
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I got a chance to fire up Ace Combat last night. Made it through the first 7 missions I believe. At the start of either mission 8 or 9. I'm really having fun with it. It's nice to finally be back in a damn cockpit and firing missles and bullets at planes while making high-G turns.

    This is the first air combat game I've played since Hawx and Hawx 2 on the Xbox 360 probably 10 years ago.

    Posted With Tapatalk
    I'm going to go through more of the offline missions first before jumping into the online stuff again. I just learned how to do a high-G turn (both L2 and R2) in chapter 2.

    This game is not a pure arcade flying fighter. Definitely tough to master. We shall see how good OR bad I get at this. What planes do you like best for aerial dog fighting? I haven't bought any other plane. I don't like the layouts/UI for this game. Feels out-dated and odd.

  17. #2817
    Hall of Fame SmoothPancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    16,432
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Smooth Pancakes PSN ID: SmoothPancakes Steam ID: smoothpancakes SmoothPancakes's OriginID: SmoothPancakes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I'm going to go through more of the offline missions first before jumping into the online stuff again. I just learned how to do a high-G turn (both L2 and R2) in chapter 2.

    This game is not a pure arcade flying fighter. Definitely tough to master. We shall see how good OR bad I get at this. What planes do you like best for aerial dog fighting? I haven't bought any other plane. I don't like the layouts/UI for this game. Feels out-dated and odd.
    So far I'm at the beginning of mission 15. The plane I've used the most is the F/A-18F, which I've used in 5 missions.

    I've used the A-10C Warthog 3 times in ground heavy or focused missions. And then I've used the F-4E, the F-14D and the F-16C two times each.

    My new dog fighting plane going forward, which I just unlocked last night, the F-35C.

    For early planes, the F-16C isn't bad, it's got good speed and a 4 Target Air-to-Air Missile for it's special weapon.

    The F-14D is even better, better speed, better mobility, it has the Long-Range Air-to-Air Missile and the 8 Target Air-to-Air Missile.

    The F/A-18F is probably your best fighter early on until you can get enough MRP to unlock the best planes. It has good speed, good defense, it has the Quick Maneuver Air-to-Air Missile which does great in dog fighting. It also has the Long-Range Air-to-Ship Missile for the couple missions with sea based enemies.

    The A-10C Warthog, obviously, is your best ground attack plane you're gonna get. You can choose between Unguided Bombs, Rocket Launcher or 4 Target Air-to-Ground Missile. I like the 4AGM.

    When you finally have enough MRP (it took me until after mission 14 to unlock it), the F-35C will blow all the other planes away, including the A-10C. Damn good speed, mobility, defense and great for both air and ground attacks. It comes with two ground based special weapons and a 4 Target Air-to-Air Missile special weapons.

    Once I have the 999,000 MRP required, I'm buying the Multipurpose Stealth Coating , which will then unlock and allow me to buy the best plane in the game, the F-22A Raptor. Fast as fuck, incredible mobility, great defense, best Air-to-Air rating and a good Air-to-Ground rating. 136 normal missiles and the Quick Maneuver Air-to-Air Missile special weapon.

    Posted With Tapatalk

  18. #2818
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    7,102
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    Thanks! Nice recommendations.

  19. #2819
    Hall of Fame SmoothPancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    16,432
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Smooth Pancakes PSN ID: SmoothPancakes Steam ID: smoothpancakes SmoothPancakes's OriginID: SmoothPancakes
    Woo! Pancakes has got himself an F-22A Raptor! Just unlocked it moments ago. One of the two best planes in the entire game, tied for best based on stats with the Su-57. With parts and their associated bonuses, this baby packs 156 standard missiles and 18 Quick Maneuver Air-to-Air Missiles.

    Meanwhile, I'm just about to begin mission 18. There's a total of 20 campaign missions, so into the final 3 and the campaign will be beaten. I'm planning on finishing off these last three missions, then I'll dip my feet into the multiplayer waters before going back through the campaign on the next difficulty level.

    Posted With Tapatalk

  20. #2820
    Hall of Fame SmoothPancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    16,432
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Smooth Pancakes PSN ID: SmoothPancakes Steam ID: smoothpancakes SmoothPancakes's OriginID: SmoothPancakes
    And the campaign has been beaten. I plowed through the last couple missions last night, wanting to see what happened next. Mission 19, holy shit was insanity! I LOVE the massive chaotic battles like that! Pure 100% dogfighting with literally dozens of enemy planes. It was something like 50 on 50, then you add in drones later in the mission and it just becomes a massive shitshow of planes everywhere you look.

    As soon as I get home from work, I'm jumping back on and replaying Mission 19 just because of how goddamn fun it is!

    I also dipped my feet into the multiplayer waters last night. Played two Battle Royale matches. I got my ass handed to me! Missiles up the ass. But I still had fun. And it's a great source of MRP, even if you suck, you still pull in a good amount of MRP for each 5 minute match. Makes getting those high priced planes easier.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •