Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Basketball 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Wow, way to go UNC. Lose to a shitty Minnesota team so you don't even have to play WVU... Lamers...

Doesn't Minnesota usually start off well under Tubby and then struggle in the Big 10, but sneak into the postseason? I think they just stayed on script. That has to be frustrating...as a WVU fan, that's who you want in the championship.

Fuck that, I want WVU to show everyone that UNC isn't going to be any good this year either and that the Big East is still the premier conference in the league. WVU beating Minnesota doesn't prove anything besides the fact that Tubby is still a shitty coach.

I just enjoy that you made it sound like UNC purposefully lost to duck the 'eers.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I just enjoy that you made it sound like UNC purposefully lost to duck the 'eers.
    Well, of course.

Lol I was cracking up when the Cameron Crazies were chanting Minnesota! and "Go to Hell Carolina! Go to Hell!" While Duke was cruising against Colgate.

UNC isn't back. Roy can ONLY play one style and he still lacks an elite/speedy PG to run the break.

Carolina looks like they could be in trouble early falling to Vandy.

Minnesota looks pretty good with a win over WVA.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Minnesota looks pretty good with a win over WVA.
    Yeah. I didn't get to watch the game (was at work) but from what I understand, WVU had quite a few chances to win that one and blew it. It's unfortunate that we lost, but we definitely have a scorer in Casey Mitchell. Dude is exploding for us and finally playing up to his potential from his Junior college player of the year hype.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Yeah. I didn't get to watch the game (was at work) but from what I understand, WVU had quite a few chances to win that one and blew it. It's unfortunate that we lost, but we definitely have a scorer in Casey Mitchell. Dude is exploding for us and finally playing up to his potential from his Junior college player of the year hype.
    Saw the game and it DEFINITELY could have gone either way. WVA will be fine. I don't think they are nearly as good as they were last season but a Sweet 16 isn't out of the possibility.

Ugh. A horrible, horrible basketball season so far. Denver still trying to get their first win, sitting at 0-4, and Navy dropped their 3rd straight yesterday to fall to 1-5. It's gonna be a long season.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Ugh. A horrible, horrible basketball season so far. Denver still trying to get their first win, sitting at 0-4, and Navy dropped their 3rd straight yesterday to fall to 1-5. It's gonna be a long season.
    I'm pretty happy with how the season looks.

"They knocked the living piss out of us," "If there's a team better than they are, I don't want to play them."

Telestrator FTW

Intially here is my take on the season thus far:

#1 - Duke looks to be clearly head and shoulders above everyone else. The "media hype" is that they could runt he table. I don't think that will happen. Winning 40 something games in a row in this day in age is nearly impossible and Duke still has a ton of tough road environments to negotiate (UNC, Maryland, VT, FSU). Duke will likely lose 1-2 games in the regular season but they might be the best team college basketball has seen in the last 10-15 seasons.

#2 - After Duke, there are 3-5 teams who I could also see cutting down the nets should Duke fall in the tourny. Ohio State, Kansas, Baylor, Pitt and Michigan State all look capable but all still have some pretty decent sized flaws to work on. It will be interesting to see how Kansas adjusts once they get Selby into the mix.

#3 - Will Enes Cater become elligble? Kentucky is now going with the "Cam Newton Defense". I was PISSED beyond belief at the NCAA decision on Newton b/c it makes ZERO sense and flies in the face of the rules. Now ANY recruit can say "My parents did it and I didn't know". If the NCAA lets Enes play Kentucky could become a dangerous club as well.

Meh, it still won't mean much. Might make for interesting television when it comes to possible March Madness matchups, but, other then that, it's really not to terribly interesting truthfully.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Meh, it still won't mean much. Might make for interesting television when it comes to possible March Madness matchups, but, other then that, it's really not to terribly interesting truthfully.
    College basketball needed something like this. It's finally a way to open the season with a bang. There were many who didn't even know the season started when it did. I think having four big-name programs play in one of the most well-known venues in sports is very interesting. I'll watch it, for sure.

Kyrie Irving is out indefinitely with a toe ligament injury. It will be interesting to see how Duke responds w/o the best PG in the country.

Congrats to the Golden Grizzlies of Oakland, Michigan! Three nights after falling 77-76 to the then 7th ranked Michigan State Spartans, Oakland this time gets the job done with a 89-82 win over the 7th ranked Tennessee Volunteers. They've played a hell of a schedule so far, playing Purdue, Illinois, Michigan State and now Tennessee, with a game against #2 Ohio State still to come on the 23rd. Glad to see the guys from Oakland County, Michigan finally get the upset done.

Yay! RPI points for WVU, who kicked the crap out of them the first game of the season.

I've watched a TON of hoops and really noone (other than Duke, Ohio St. and Kansas) strikes me as very strong clubs.