Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Basketball 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    LOL I'm a freak, I literally watch just about any game if I am home and have access to the t.v.

Duke looked really good last night blowing out what could be a NCAA tourny team in Princeton. If the Plumlees/Kelly develop into even remotely decent options in the post, Duke could become the best college hoops team in the past 10-15 years.
    Same here. And even then, the games that I can't watch due to having to work, ESPN3 baby. I love the 24 hour marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Same here. And even then, the games that I can't watch due to having to work, ESPN3 baby. I love the 24 hour marathon.
    Fortunately, I have to fly tomorrow for a business trip. Normally, I'm not that happy with work trips as I do them often. I have like 200,000 frequent flyer miles and 300,000 Marriott Rewards points. However, I actually planned my trip so that I could be at the hotel in time for the Va Tech K State tip.

This Miami (FL) at Memphis game has turned out to be a really good game. Tied up 59-59 with 6 minutes left. And for some reason, I'm really looking forward to the St. John's at Saint Mary's game here in a few minutes.

This Miami Memphis game is going down to the wire. 69-68 with 18 seconds left.

I wish Miami would've taken a better shot than that last one they just took.

Yeah, they still had plenty of time on the clock. Just needed to get the ball to someone with a better look at the basket instead of trying to take that shot. But, Memphis survives the upset bid and claims the 73-68 win. A hell of an opening game to the Tip-Off Marathon. Hope St. John's-Saint Mary's is this good.

It's looking to be that way right now. If they keep showing good games through the night, I may not be going to my 8am class tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm also looking forward to Central Michigan-Hawaii just to watch this Trey Zeigler kid in action. May not be a marquee game with these two teams, but should still be a fun game to watch.

And St. Mary's gets the 76-71 win over St. John's in game number two. Not quite the down to the wire barn burner that Miami (FL)-Memphis was, but still a good game. Now to settle in for this Central Michigan-Hawaii game and watch the hype about Trey Zeigler in the flesh.

I really thought before the season Miami could be allot better than people were thinking. They looked like a tourny team to me last night even though they came up short.

Ahh, finally home from work and can actually watch on TV again as opposed to a computer. Man these have been some GREAT games. Almost every single game going down to the wire and being decided by a couple of points, including the OT thriller between Northeastern and Southern Illinois. Even the Oral Roberts-Tulsa game just a little bit ago was a good game, even if it ended up as a 15 point margin of victory.

Ohio St. impressed me with the 2nd Half beat down of the Gators. However, it could be that Florida is way overrated. Time will tell but Ohio St. looks to be joining the discussion along with Duke and Mich St. as the main title contenders.

Nebraska laid an egg against Vanderbilt, going the last 7:49 without a field goal. They play Davidson tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Nebraska laid an egg against Vanderbilt, going the last 7:49 without a field goal. They play Davidson tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Not an AWFUL performance as Vandy may become a borderline Top 25 club.

0/10 from 3 and 13/23 from the free throw line won't get it done though.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Interesting to see what happens with WVU vs Vandy tomorrow. Should be interesting.

Not awful, but it is SOP for Nebraska in the last 10 years, under both coaches we had in that timespan. Offensive struggles and/or a long drought always kill us versus average and better competition.

I thought Vandy was picked 5th out of 6 in their division?

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I thought Vandy was picked 5th out of 6 in their division?
    They probably are/were. However, the SEC East is loaded. Just about every club in that division is a Top 25 calliber team.

This Week's AP Poll:

#9 Florida; #12 Kentucky; #24 Tennessee; #29 Georgia; #35 Vanderbilt

You finish 5th there and that isn't all that bad. Vandy (barring some unforeseen collapse) will make the dance and could jump Georgia and/or Tenn during the season to sneak into the 20-25 range.

Huskers down 8 with about 6:00 to go against an average Davidson team....they're not supposed to give me a headache until the conference season