Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Basketball 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

NCAA Basketball 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread

Well the season has now officially tipped off with Rhode Island taking on #4 Pitt. I am a HUGE College Hoops fan. Hopefully, some of you guys are too and we can discuss college hoops as the season progresses.

Right now, I'd go with a Final 4 of: Duke; Michigan State; Kansas State and Baylor.

Nice to see the season officially underway. Was I living under a rock or was the start of the season not marketed or promoted very well?

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Nice to see the season officially underway. Was I living under a rock or was the start of the season not marketed or promoted very well?
    LOL its college hoops the game is NEVER marketed/promoted until late February/March.

Good point. I always thought there was a little hype around the start of the season, but I sure didn't know the season started tonight until a couple hours ago.

Those sons of bitches. They dumped Navy-Texas on ESPNU. Can't even watch it on ESPN3 now.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Good point. I always thought there was a little hype around the start of the season, but I sure didn't know the season started tonight until a couple hours ago.
    ESPN will probably hype the hell out of the Pre-Season #1 Duke v. #2 Michigan St. matchup in Dec. esp if the teams are still #1 and #2 at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Those sons of bitches. They dumped Navy-Texas on ESPNU. Can't even watch it on ESPN3 now.
    Yeah 2 games on The U tonight and IL on 3. Navy looks sloppy early and is fouling quite a bit as Texas is clearly superior in terms of just pure athleticism.

I'm sure Tennessee fans weren't expecting this: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/s...r_espn_5782664
    Last edited by HWill; 11-08-2010 at 09:30 PM.

Out of curiosity, anyone working on PS3 rosters for NCAA Basketball 10? I would love to get a new roster but that sort of thing is way out of my league.

College basketball always make me pull out my College Hoops. I've wanted to get NCAA Basketball, but the fact that they're still charging full price for it has turned me off to getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by HWill View Post
    I'm sure Tennessee fans weren't expecting this: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/s...r_espn_5782664
    This is happening with more regularity now. Cuse fell to some school I had never heard of (on two occassions I believe). Tenn has been in a whirlwind of controversy with Pearl and the NCAA investigation. He could very easily lose that team and they could never recover.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Out of curiosity, anyone working on PS3 rosters for NCAA Basketball 10? I would love to get a new roster but that sort of thing is way out of my league.
    I checked at OS and it doesn't look like anyone is doing it. Apparently, you cannot edit a players class (Fr, Soph, Jr, Sr) making roster editing a pain. I thought 10 wasn't that bad but its still not up to snuff with 2K8.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    College basketball always make me pull out my College Hoops. I've wanted to get NCAA Basketball, but the fact that they're still charging full price for it has turned me off to getting it.
    Yeah I love 2K8. Found a decent roster set the other day and started a new Legacy.

Yeeeeah excited for Nebraska Basket....oh.

Next year the only two major conference schools to never win a tourney game will be in the same conference (Nebraska & Northwestern)

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeeeeah excited for Nebraska Basket....oh.

Next year the only two major conference schools to never win a tourney game will be in the same conference (Nebraska & Northwestern)
    Nebraska should be a little improved from last year and have a shot at making the NIT.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Plus they play the shitty Big Ten. I'm sure that'll help a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Plus they play the shitty Big Ten. I'm sure that'll help a little bit.
    LOL I used to diss the Big Ten too b/c the ACC always won the "Challenge". However, this year that Conference is pretty damn tough with 5 Top 25 clubs (including 3 Top 10)

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    LOL I used to diss the Big Ten too b/c the ACC always won the "Challenge". However, this year that Conference is pretty damn tough with 5 Top 25 clubs (including 3 Top 10)
    People can diss the Big Ten all they want. But there is almost always a Big Ten team in the Final Four or Finals. The Big East can't say that.

Maryland survived a scare from College of Charleston last night needing a score with 3 seconds remaining for a 1 point victory.

I tried to watch that Minnesota game last night on BIG 10 NETWORK. It was like watching a 1950's broadcast. I'm pretty sure the announcers weren't even in the building. If you want to showcase your product, do it right or don't do it at all.

Anyone planning on watching any (if not all) of the 24-hour marathon this coming week? I know everyone is looking forward to the Stony Brook-Monmouth game at 6 a.m. :rolleyes:

Anyone planning on watching any (if not all) of the 24-hour marathon this coming week? I know everyone is looking forward to the Stony Brook-Monmouth game at 6 a.m. :rolleyes:
    My alarm is set.

LOL I'm a freak, I literally watch just about any game if I am home and have access to the t.v.

Duke looked really good last night blowing out what could be a NCAA tourny team in Princeton. If the Plumlees/Kelly develop into even remotely decent options in the post, Duke could become the best college hoops team in the past 10-15 years.