Page 51 of 106 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2120

Thread: Random College Football Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    I happened to notice that the school had "extra copies" of the DVD on sale (been on sale again since April ... originally it sold out in a few weeks when it was first released). Came in today. Perfect!
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Or you could watch OSU/UM 2011.

The new football field at NAIA school Lindenwood University-Belleville (IL)

That is kind of hard to look at.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Ok, this is going to sound VERY Ram like, but I actually kind of like that...

The more colored fields, the better, I say. I love 'em! To bad I'm not rich enough to donate a gold field with black lines/numbers to Southern Miss because I'd totally do it!

Yeah, i kinda like it too.

Greg Reid FSU CB-

In case you missed it earlier Wednesday, Florida State cornerback Greg Reid made it back in the news, and for rather unpleasant reasons.

According to the Lowndes County (Ga.) Sheriff’s Office, the senior was arrested in South Georgia on Tuesday for driving with a suspended license, driving without a seat belt, and for being in possession of marijuana. He has since bonded out.

More details on the arrest can be found in this story from earlier today . As of the initial posting of this blog, the police report in the incident has not yet been released by the Georgia State Patrol, the arresting agency.

Remember, this is the second time less than a year that Reid was arrested. Last September, he was arrested for perjury in an unofficial proceeding and resisting arrest following a bizarre incident involving his scooter and an alleged suspect who was a friend of his from home.

Reid is from Valdosta; the county seat for Lowndes County.

As the story linked above indicated, charges in the scooter incident were later dropped.

After flirting with the NFL Draft process in January, Reid’s decision to return to FSU was in part impacted by what he felt was personal growth. In April, he told the Orlando Sentinel that he began realizing it is time to start “growing up and just be a man.”

For his sake, let’s hope this is but a minor setback on that individual journey toward manhood.

Yours truly actually is on vacation this week, but I’ll be working this story some in the next day or so. Depending upon what the police report reveals, as well as what Reid will say, this story could have its share of changes. Be sure to follow along here to see what comes of it next.

Also, even though I’m actually out this week, be sure to still follow along here on the blog to see other posts with respect to preseason football

A link to the source would be helpful.

but I’ll be working this story some in the next day or so. Depending upon what the police report reveals, as well as what Reid will say, this story could have its share of changes. Be sure to follow along here to see what comes of it next.
    Nominee for Weird Post of the week as of Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Nominee for Weird Post of the week as of Wednesday.
    ya well, this is ram we're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    That is kind of hard to look at.
    thats what she said.

And with the commitment of 4* cornerback, Jalen Ramsey, today, takes over the #1 ranked recruiting class, despite being on ncaa sanctions and being limited to only 15 commitments this year (even though they'll sign 18 since 3 of them are EE's)

Kiffin and staff are doing incredible work!

ESPNU right now is replaying the TCU-Baylor game from last season. They have it ranked as the #2 game in their Top 25 Games of 2011. My perspective of this game has completely changed now that we know how the entire season played out. Despite Baylor going 7-6 in 2010, I still considered Baylor as basically a horrible team, that they were going to continue as the doormats of the Big 12/Big 12 South. So when TCU lost that game to Baylor right out of the gates to start the season, I thought that was a HORRIBLE loss by TCU, that they had completely just rolled over and let themselves get beat by a team they should have steamrolled by 20.

Now I look back, and looking at the entire picture of the full season, that wasn't a bad loss by TCU at all. Sure, you could say it was bad in a sense that they were getting violated by Baylor until that incredible and insane fourth quarter comeback, but it wasn't as bad a loss as I originally thought. It wasn't like a team ranked #5 in the nation losing to Appalachian State, or a major Big Ten team losing at home to Toledo or something. At the time, I thought that loss to Baylor was going to screw TCU if they were in the race for the championship game, that people were going to point back to that loss to Baylor as a reason they shouldn't get in over someone else. Obviously it never ended up to that point since TCU was nowhere near the championship game or even a BCS game. But looking back now, I can appreciate the hell of the game Baylor played against a tough TCU team, knowing what they did the rest of the season and that it wasn't a fluke game but a sign of things to come.

On a related note, I'll say, I love ESPNU and CBS Sports in the off-season. ESPN and ESPN2, whenever they replay games, it always seems to be that edited to shit hour or hour and a half long speed replay of the game. This TCU-Baylor replay on ESPNU right now is three hours (1-4am) with only minor parts edited for time, but pretty much the entire replay of the original broadcast, same with replays on CBS Sports. So much nicer to actually rewatch the game like it aired and hear all the commentary in full, instead of just play...cut to pre-snap...next play...cut to pre-snap...next play.

Also, watching this right now after playing NCAA '13, EA definitely nailed the presentation. Between the ticker, the screen wipes going into replays or updates, it really does look exactly that same in the game as it does on TV. EA did a damn great job on getting all those parts of the ESPN presentation package into the game. Only problem, after listening to the commentary of this TCU-Baylor game, redo the commentary EA! New commentators, new lines, new commentary system, whatever, just redo the commentary and get it sounding like the actual commentary on TV!
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-17-2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: typo

I've been watching those game replays as well. I watched the OK-Baylor game, OK St.-Iowa St. game and the OK-St.-Stanford Fiesta Bowl. They ESPNU started the USC-Oregon game after the Fiesta Bowl but couldn't finish it (sleepy). I'm guessing LSU-Bama I is #1.

The only problem I have with the ESPN replays is that sometimes their edit choices make no f-in sense. I think it was one of the "three hour" versions where I was re-watching the Auburn-Oregon national title game. And, I kid you not, they edited out Dyer's run that basically won the game.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    The only problem I have with the ESPN replays is that sometimes their edit choices make no f-in sense. I think it was one of the "three hour" versions where I was re-watching the Auburn-Oregon national title game. And, I kid you not, they edited out Dyer's run that basically won the game.
    Yeah, I have to agree with you there. Last night during the TCU-Baylor replay, they showed TCU scoring the touchdown to make it 47-45, then went to commercial. They came back from commercial and TCU offense was taking over on the Baylor 39. They completely chopped out the kickoff and RG III's 8 yard rush and fumble on first down of Baylor's drive. So all you saw on TV was TCU's touchdown and then TCU once again with the ball in Baylor territory after the commercial, with no clue or idea as to how TCU got the ball back at that spot.

While it may not be on the same level as editing out Dyer's run like you mentioned, that was still a key point in the game, as RG III's fumble set up TCU for the great field position that led to their go-ahead field goal.

Yeah. If they find a portion of the game between two close commercial breaks, they're going to cut it no matter what, it appears. I don't want to say it's the lazy way of picking what to edit, but there's certainly better editing choices that could be made. (i.e. you can watch this and get a damn good idea for the whole game, and it's a 10 minute edit!)

Props to Al Golden for making the tough decision to dismiss Ray Ray Armstrong.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.