Page 104 of 106 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2120

Thread: Random College Football Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I think Pat Haden has messed things up pretty good. I also think Sark will be lucky to coach at Idaho so he's desperate for any cash and will pray for a settlement consisting of a lifetime supply of beer.

Apparently fireball was his drink of choice.

Haden is the worst AD in the country. Nikias, the school president is not a football fan, and it shows. Helton was Nikias' choice cuz he was tired of the university getting embarrassed in the media. He also did not want the football coach to be the face of the university. Haden has never done anything good for the football program. He has no sack and is spineless.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I'm not a lawyer but my understanding is you can't fire them fire being an alcoholic but you can fire them for showing up drunk.

Ex. Johnny's employer finds out Johnny is an alcoholic. However, he never drinks on the job and it never affects his work, the employer cannot fire him. But, if Johnny shows up to work drunk, they can fire him with just cause.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Right. And since Sark showed up absolutely trashed, he was fired for just cause, IMO. But there's always that one judge who doesn't see things straight.

Hell in the past Arkansas fired Houston Nutt for his off the field antics. So USC could claim to have fired Sark as a way of USC trying to regain integrity.

Where is G, to present the holiday happenings at Arkansas St?

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2015/...716.1450121206

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    Apparently fireball was his drink of choice.

Haden is the worst AD in the country. Nikias, the school president is not a football fan, and it shows. Helton was Nikias' choice cuz he was tired of the university getting embarrassed in the media. He also did not want the football coach to be the face of the university. Haden has never done anything good for the football program. He has no sack and is spineless.
    David Brandon was likely worse......

Gigem on suicide watch. Top 2 QB's have now transferred.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...sfer/77442862/

Former Aggie, now a Sooner. This kid must really hate the Longhorns. See you in 2017 Kyler.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...lahoma-sooners

Barry Sanders, Jr. transferring from Stanford. Saw some speculation he may be looking at Oklahoma State.

The SunBelt Conference is holding a teleconference today at 2pm CT. Rumors are saying that both Idaho & NMSU will have their renewal declined meaning they would be gone from the conference after the 2017 season.

Unless we already have two other schools ready to move to FBS, it doesn't make a lot of sense. That will put our conference at 10 teams likely creating a 9 game conference schedule. As G5 schools, you almost have to have a minimum of 4 OOC games in order to survive (1-2 body bag games, 0-1 FCS games, 1-2 G5 Home & Home series).

Guess that FCS game is gone unless it's an in-state game where you'll get a good gate.

Progressives being progressive.

http://news.yahoo.com/ivy-league-mul...-nfl.html?nf=1

Football practices at the United States' elite Ivy League universities may be a little bit quieter next year as coaches consider banning tackling outside of actual games, a spokesman for the league said on Tuesday.
    Which will lead to poor tackling due to lack of repetition and probably lead to even more injuries. If you do not want to get hurt, don't play.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 03-01-2016 at 08:06 PM.

Nice mug, North Texas.

Now that is an awesome mug! I want one, that way when someone is being a cunt, I can just have it set on my desk and drink from it with the logo facing them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's hilarious.

I am embarrassed it took me a few minutes to see what was so funny.

Preliminary discussions have begun within two influential college football bodies into possibly removing kickoffs from the game, CBS Sports has learned.

Both the American Football Coaches Association's board of trustees and the NCAA Division I Football Oversight Committee have at least had informal talks about the possibility.

The reason: player safety.

"I don't think there is any doubt it is the most dangerous play in the game," said Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby, chairman of that oversight committee. "How much that's the case and how we can fix it is unknown."

Both entities are reviewing injury data to gauge the impact of kickoffs. Preliminary indications are that injuries occur at a higher rate on kickoffs, according to sources.

Any rules change probably won't come until after the 2017 season. Eliminating kickoffs has not yet been a discussion for the NCAA rules committee, according to its secretary-rules editor Rogers Redding.

However, rules changes typically bubble up to the committee from coaches and administrators. The AFCA acts in an advisory role to the NCAA rules committee. The oversight committee vets any changes by the rules committee before approving them.

Link: CBS Sports

I know a lot of people like the kickoffs but I really don't care. Just line up on the 20 or 25 and start the game and I'd be fine with it.

First kickoffs, then punts, then tackling... Probably 5 years away from.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I know a lot of people like the kickoffs but I really don't care. Just line up on the 20 or 25 and start the game and I'd be fine with it.
    Yes, and doing so we eliminate the excitement of onside kicks at the end of games.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 07-18-2016 at 06:04 PM.

Forgot about the onside kick. Maybe you choose onside kick or not (starts on 25).

Why don't they start by not allowing the kickoff team to run forward prior to kickoff? That would slow down some of the player momentum and be a better starting point than just banning it, IMO.