Page 102 of 106 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2120

Thread: Random College Football Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Texas should have accepted the pac's invitation to form a super conference. Instead they formed the longhorn network.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    Texas should have accepted the pac's invitation to form a super conference. Instead they formed the longhorn network.
    LHN is HILARIOUS.

I LOVE it when you can go there for a Stat-Cast of a game that is on ABC.

With a bowl appearance, Nebraska's Mike Riley will get a $150K bonus. That bonus could come in a 5-8 season. #gbr

Why isn't Texas on that list? They beat the playoff-bound Sooners!

Missouri declines bowl at 5-7. (I suppose to keep Pinkel moving out the door and to let new staff start recruitin'. Seems unfair to current players though.)

Apparently, bowl bonuses will not be paid to NU coaches:

A Nebraska athletic department official said Monday that the Huskers would accept a bowl bid if offered, which became a more probable scenario with NCAA confirmation that available 5-7 teams would be selected based on Academic Progress Rate scores.

NU would not, however, pay bowl bonuses to head coach Mike Riley and his assistants that could have totaled more than $435,000.

David Witty, NU senior associate athletic director, said that decision was made by Husker Athletic Director Shawn Eichorst, who met Monday with Riley. Witty said Eichorst would have no further comment.

In the description under performance bonuses, however, there is no reference to any sort of win-loss record involved.
    According to contracts for the NU assistants — and also consistent with past seasons — they are due 8.33 percent of their annual salary as a bowl bonus.

That amount would have ranged from as much as $45,815 for defensive coordinator Mark Banker and $41,650 for offensive coordinator Danny Langsdorf to $22,907.50 for Keith Williams and $20,825 for Trent Bray.

While I don't think a coach should get a $150K bonus for a bowl (especially with less than six wins), I'm not sure I'm a fan of this being retracted - even if agreed upon with coaches. If the AD is dumb enough to not put a W-L requirement, I think it's more of an indictment on him than the coaches. I can't help but think the assistant coaches will be pretty turned off by this and I wouldn't blame them.

My guess is that this is a move by the Ath Dept & AD to try and save face since the AD is not very popular in the state.

Gotta agree, cdj. If it's not in writing, they better pay up.

It was slid under the door with a wink and a pile of blow.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

I'm depressed about the Helton hire. Days after Sark was fired, John Harbaughs agent reached out to SC and Harbaughs wife wanted him to take it. Sean Payton was also reportedly very interested in wanting the job. Chipper expressed high interest but he wouldn't stay 5+ years. Bringing Pete back was a talked about option but he wanted it in his contract that Kris Richard would take over when he'd retire.

We had so many options to choose from, and we settle to Helton.

Where did these names come from? Sean Payton and John Harbaugh aren't on the hot seat despite having bad seasons this year and Chip ain't leaving Philly unless he's told to go. Pete Carroll leaving Seattle?

With all due respect, this sounds like message board pipe dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Where did these names come from? Sean Payton and John Harbaugh aren't on the hot seat despite having bad seasons this year and Chip ain't leaving Philly unless he's told to go. Pete Carroll leaving Seattle?

With all due respect, this sounds like message board pipe dreams.
    Message board people who have inside sources within the program (friend/relative on the team/staff or alum)

There was serious talk about all these options. Unfortunately, the school president and AD don't want the football coach to be the face of the school.

Pete's fighting for a playoff spot. The job was his if he wanted to leave the Hawks (he wouldn't have been fired if we missed the playoffs this year).

Harbaughs agent reached out to SC. He had his wife's approval. Apparently there were serious talks a few weeks ago. Payton never had more than a few phone calls just judging interest. Philly higher ups are ready for Chip to leave.

But Helton kept winning. And that was good enough for the pres and Ad.

Doesn't every message board person have inside sources?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Reliable sources on a fanboy message board.

See where believing that shit got you?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post

Why isn't Texas on that list? They beat the playoff-bound Sooners!
    If they beat Baylor this week, they will have 5 wins too and a possible bowl big!

Spoiler: show
    They won't beat Baylor.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    If they beat Baylor this week, they will have 5 wins too and a possible bowl big!

Spoiler: show
    They won't beat Baylor.
    Why not? They beat Oklahoma!

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Why not? They beat Oklahoma!
    They did! I saw it! It was AMAZING!

Fun fact: We lost to Texas. Just making sure everyone was aware of that. Will re-post this public service announcement when OU is selected to playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Reliable sources on a fanboy message board.

See where believing that shit got you?

Those same sources are also the ones with all the recruiting info and are spot on with their info 99% of the time. There's 5 people on the USC board I visit, that when they say something, you stop and listen.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Fun fact: We lost to Texas. Just making sure everyone was aware of that. Will re-post this public service announcement when OU is selected to playoffs.
    Just further proof that the CFP is in need of changes. Lose to Texas and get into the CFP. How ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Just further proof that the CFP is in need of changes. Lose to Texas and get into the CFP. How ridiculous.
    Something is ridiculous but it is not the polls. Fresh of the press.