Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2120

Thread: Random College Football Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    It's almost unbelievable really. Give people a little more credit than kicking a guy off the game.
    I think a bit of it comes from the people offended by the Draft Auction. There were quite a few people calling it a slave trade, though white players (Tom Brady for example) were also auctioned off. ESPN apologized because that is what they do when the offended demographic is not a white straight male.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    It's almost unbelievable really. Give people a little more credit than kicking a guy off the game.
    I agree. It was an ESPN3 broadcast anyways, so what - maybe a couple hundred people watch and even fewer make the Robert E. Lee/Robert Lee joke/connection? It almost seems like they wanted this attention given how they are handling it.

Nebraska’s athletic department has requested Fox Sports stop running a 30-second ad as part of the network’s promotion of its new TV contract with Big Ten football.

NU athletics didn’t have prior knowledge of the promotion’s content, said a Nebraska athletic department spokesman, and has requested Fox no longer run the promotion. Once the season begins, Fox will use more straightforward promotions for upcoming games.

“It’s not really the direction we want the brand to go in,” said David Witty, senior associate athletic director for marketing and communications. Witty said Nebraska is happy to collaborate with Fox on promotional ideas in the future. Witty said he doesn’t think the ad will run on TV, but it lives on Twitter.

I thought it was funny/cool, but the Ath Dept seems pretty strict on making sure the brand never comes across that way.

I thought it was a cool spot.

WTF do they want? To make Nebraska look like Manhattan? I'd be curious to hear what part of that they feel hurts the brand and how they prefer the brand be presented.

I'm guessing they think it conjures images of horrific violence or some such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I thought it was a cool spot.

WTF do they want? To make Nebraska look like Manhattan? I'd be curious to hear what part of that they feel hurts the brand and how they prefer the brand be presented.

I'm guessing they think it conjures images of horrific violence or some such nonsense.
    I'm guessing you are correct. If so, they'd be better off asking for the line 'sacrifice' to changed to 'no one survives' or something less violent. Instead, if FS pulls the ad, now there is no NU ad running while every other school has one airing. Brilliant loss of exposure.

The ad could be worse. Minnesota's basically says they are serial killers:

Pretty thin skinned by NU.

A look into the thoughts of Gary Anderson over the course of the season before he abruptly quit.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/ore...s_exit_ro.html

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Crazy to walk away from that much guaranteed money. Probably also a bad idea to pay a HC $3M a year and then have little left over for other resources. It's one reason Bielema (not a fan) left Wisconsin. He made good money but he wanted more money for assistants and things.

I wonder if Nebraska can trade Riley to them lol.

For once, I agree with Max Kellerman. He summed my thoughts up perfectly on why I prefer college football over the NFL any and every day of the week.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/21424184

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I do like the greater variety of styles in college, the more wide open game. I love how colleges WANT coaches that think outside the box and change the game. The NFL coaches are mostly conservative cardboard cutouts where the offenses seem to all be the same. And as soon as someone wants to try something different in the NFL (Wildcat, Chip Kelly, even run & shoot) the experts trash it all the time and pray for it to fail. NFL coaches really tend to sit on a soapbox too saying you can't grade them since you don't know what you are talking about. And I love the pressure of the regular season in college football too.

That said, I personally prefer the NFL because the Dolphins are my team. I don't have an emotional connection to a college program. Michigan is a side chick for me and I haven't even paid that much attention to them lately. I love the schedule difficulty a lot more in the NFL as each game will be a challenge. I HATE creampuff games. I don't ever want to see a top program play an FCS team. Also, in the NFL you know the stars in the game. That helps make games more interesting when you know the players better for me. Fantasy football has really helped pushed that and kept interest artificially high in the NFL. I know a lot of guys that only follow the NFL because of FF.

I think sometimes people can say, "Look at how great college game 1, 2 or 3 was this weekend." But there are still a ton of BAD games on a schedule that hold zero interest for me (but true for both sports).

An Illustrated history of College Football (over 500 images)

https://imgur.com/t/sports/Jq7c3

I have seen something similar posted a long time ago but this has even more images and the quality of the images, even the really old ones are fantastic.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...-senior-season

Another year, another transfer QB with Heisman potential.

Posted on the wall inside their football complex in Morgantown. West Virginia has officially been banned from winning the 2019/20 Big 12 Title because Longhorn fans and our commissioner are a bunch of tea-sipping titty-babies.

Worth it! They have not been banned yet but they will have start each game down a touchdown for being so mean.

I do love me some SEC Shorts. Gotta love that new Big 12 tradition!

Did Ram get a job at Nike? Mich St unveils this monstrosity. It looks even worse in the tweet, let the gif load.

I don’t mind them. Just not a real fan of the pant colour. But MSU has always been boring. These are not lol.

Those are terrible, but nothing will ever top those god awful uniform abortions that Baylor's basketball team wore a couple years ago. God I hope the Baylor Highlighters never make another return.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Oh for me that goes to the Electric Green uniforms that glowed in the dark during introductions. You simply can't beat Oregon at it's own game.

Oh god, I forgot about those things. I wish I hadn't been reminded.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk