Page 93 of 106 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2120

Thread: Random College Football Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I'm not playing "Power Five Football '17." If it's your thing, enjoy. I'm not mad at 'cha. It's just not for me.
    Oh I AGREE 100%.

Add me to the agree list. I've had my dynasty on here going since NCAA 12 playing with nothing but small schools (FIU, Tulsa and Utah State), not to mention my favorite school is Navy, so they wouldn't be included either. I will eventually end up moving onto the Power 5 conference schools, but I'm not going to buy a game of just those 5 conferences. I want ALL of the conferences. I'm still pissed that we never had the goddamn FCS back in the game after all these years. So if any game company thinks they can piss out a Power 5 conference football game and I'm going to snap it up like a crack addict, they can kiss my fat white ass.

Add me to the disagree list. I only like the top dogs. I have never taken a team outside of them and always adjust my schedule to only include them as opponents. The small schools barely existed in my game when I played. I understand why some of you love the small schools but a Power 5 game would still generate a ton of sales.

I have no doubt it'd generate a ton of sales. But they'd never see a single fucking penny from me. As far as I'm concerned, they could go choke on a dick.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Add me to the disagree list. I only like the top dogs. I have never taken a team outside of them and always adjust my schedule to only include them as opponents. The small schools barely existed in my game when I played. I understand why some of you love the small schools but a Power 5 game would still generate a ton of sales.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I have no doubt it'd generate a ton of sales. But they'd never see a single fucking penny from me. As far as I'm concerned, they could go choke on a dick.

While I don't think anyone should go choke on a dick, we agree in principle. Power 5 Football could be the greatest game ever made. It could be a 2K killer. It could score perfect scores from all outlets. I'll play the demo and I'll watch Twitch streams but unless I could get it for free, I'm not playing it. I'm sure it would sell. It just wouldn't sell to me.

Something > Nothing

If I wanted to play college football, I'd buy it.

That would be literally the only possible way I would play it, is if I got it for free. Purchasing it? Not a chance in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Something > Nothing

If I wanted to play college football, I'd buy it.
    Only if the something is something you want. If a 500-pounder is giving up the pussy, yeah it's something, but it's not something I want.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    That would be literally the only possible way I would play it, is if I got it for free. Purchasing it? Not a chance in hell.

The service academies are HIGHLY unlikely to ever allow their athletes to be paid, I would guess. You will probably never, ever, ever see Navy in a game again.

Hell, years from now we may have a game without Army, Navy and Air Force - but with everyone else.

Just a guess...

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Only if the something is something you want. If a 500-pounder is giving up the pussy, yeah it's something, but it's not something I want.
    All depends on how hard up you are. You go 10 years without a NCAA video game and you might just throw some flower on her and find the wet spot

T minus 38 days and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by coogrfan View Post
    T minus 38 days and counting...

I really like the endzone art... subtle but noticeable.

The other ez features a sublimated downtown Houston skyline.

ESPN - Texas WRs Kendall Sanders, Montrel Meander charged with felony sexual assault, arrests are pending.

From the Cleveland Plain Dealer:
    COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State fired marching band director Jon Waters on Thursday over what the university called a "sexualized" culture.

Waters helped lead the band onto the national stage last year with elaborate halftime performances.

New Ohio State president Michael Drake released a video detailing the issues with the band, which the school said began before Waters' tenure. But after a two-month investigation, the school found instances of harassment that Waters did or should have known about and didn't stop.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    From the Cleveland Plain Dealer:
    COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State fired marching band director Jon Waters on Thursday over what the university called a "sexualized" culture.

Waters helped lead the band onto the national stage last year with elaborate halftime performances.

New Ohio State president Michael Drake released a video detailing the issues with the band, which the school said began before Waters' tenure. But after a two-month investigation, the school found instances of harassment that Waters did or should have known about and didn't stop.
    And here we go.....

I definitely want to read this. It's from Dave Revsine from BTN.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/076...TLEEHNAERMGUQS

It’s America’s most popular sport, played by thousands, watched by millions, and generating billions in revenues every year. It’s also America’s most controversial sport, haunted by the specter of life-threatening injuries and plagued by scandal, even among its most venerable personalities and institutions. At the college level, we often tie football’s tales of corruption and greed to its current popularity and revenue potential, and we have vague notions of a halcyon time--before the new College Football Playoff, power conferences, and huge TV contracts. Perhaps we conjure images of young Ivy Leaguers playing a gentleman’s game, exemplifying the collegial in collegiate. What we don’t imagine is a game described in 1905, not today, as "a social obsession--this boy-killing, man-mutillating, education-prostituting, gladiatorial sport."

In The Opening Kickoff, Dave Revsine tells the riveting story of the formative period of American football (1890-1915). It was a time that saw the game’s meteoric rise, fueled by overflow crowds, breathless newspaper coverage and newfound superstars—including one of the most thrilling and mysterious the sport has ever seen. But it was also a period racked by controversy in academics, recruiting, and physical brutality that, in combination, threatened football’s very existence. A vivid storyteller, Revsine brings it all to life in a captivating narrative.
    The dude abides.

That could definitely be cool. I'm finally reading Bowled Over, and it seems like an interesting take on the sport.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

NASA secures SEC Network feed in space for astronaut

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-for-astronaut

Rendering's for Arkansas State's new pressbox. Construction will begin after this season.

Here's what the pressbox currently looks like:
    Last edited by gschwendt; 08-09-2014 at 07:25 AM.