Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Week 10, 2012

• Facebook
  • Display
    A Wisky win will mean I control my destiny for a Big 10 title.

Haha....niiiice, E

what is it like having a bad pro team and less then expected college team you texas guys? The last few years when FSU has been mediocre I just picked whatever NFL team was doing good and had some fsu guys on it and rooted for them (like the cardinals a few years back or the steelers). Are you all huge cowboys fans or does not it really bother you? I mean i root for the bucs but i really dont care. Not trying to rub salt in any wounds im just curious.

I've been a cowboys fan since 1990 (when I first started really watching football) and will be attending the game Sunday against the Jaguars. To awnser your question though I feel as though I had to sell my football soul to get the Rangers in the playoffs/World Series (I've been attending Rangers games since 1984).

It's tough, but I still watch the games as I always have. It's not like the Cowboys have been good, they've done enough to hover around the playoffs only to disappoint in the end, but remember other than last year they haven't won a playoff game since 1996 or 97. With the Cowboys now as opposed to the mid-90's it takes almost the entire season before I will start to buy into the hype, just becasue I know the letdown is coming.

The Longhorns are a team in flux, they are super young and trying to change their offensive philosophy without the peices to do so just yet. I don't see them being down for long. I still get pissed when things go bad and cheer when there is a big play. My mood Saturday nights is still tied to if the Longhorns win or not, although that has tempered this year a bit.

yea for sure, that is why i said the horns are just not living up to the lofty expectations of them pre-season. To young and to talented to not bounce back nicely in 2011 and maybe in the 2nd half of this year.

Good point about the boys, i guess i just get caught up in espn and all the pro bowlers and the hype machine in general so i think it is worse than it is for true cowboy fans who have been around the block.

It's painful....I remember Superbowl parties when I was young 7-10....but I didn't start living/dying with the Longhorns/Cowboys in 96 (12 years old is when I started to really understand football). My weekends are scheduled around the Longhorns/Cowboys and my mood during the week is reflected on that weekend's success....this year....my son has helped temper that though.

'96 - 12 years old. Dang I was graduating High School. Of course Prime prime probably wasn't even born.

Whoa ... Papa and I are the same age.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

thought we were advancing?

Whoa in '96, I think I was starting grade school. But I think I became a Cowboy fan after the Superbowl with Michael Jackson. Yeah I started really young, plus I had met some of them when I was younger, so that helped a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    It's back on the last page. Apparently we went onto a massive tangent today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Well as you guys can see we did not advance last night. I fell asleep on the couch and slept right through what would have been my alarm (if it was on). Needless to say I didn't have time this morning to advance so I will do it first thing when I get home from work.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    Not sure what time OB gets home from work but he said he was going to do it then

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    Whoa in '96, I think I was starting grade school. But I think I became a Cowboy fan after the Superbowl with Michael Jackson. Yeah I started really young, plus I had met some of them when I was younger, so that helped a lot.
    That was 92, with the "Heal the World" performance at the Rose Bowl. I was there, and remember holding up one of the cards which I have hanging in my office.

I've been a Cowboys fan since '95 so I'm good no matter what happens. For college tho, I'm happy that UT is losing, since I went to OU and was more of an A&M fan growing up. Michigan is my favorite team tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    I've been a Cowboys fan since '95 so I'm good no matter what happens. For college tho, I'm happy that UT is losing, since I went to OU and was more of an A&M fan growing up. Michigan is my favorite team tho.
    Well isn't that nice, should be a fun game for you to watch this weekend. I have Michigan covering by 13 easy, might be more.

I'm taking a wait and see approach with every game after what happened last year.

Me too, thats why I'm planning on staying till half time. After that we'll see what the score is as to whether or not I "hang in there" for the end result.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Me too, thats why I'm planning on staying till half time.
    I'm punching you in the kidneys when I see you tomorrow.

LOL, I probably deserve it too for that last few posts on this thread but I'm really worried about whether or not we can keep this within two scores early to have a chance in this one.

And McGloin starting, oh geez did you watch his throws? Good deep ball (I guess, can't complain really gave Moye a chance to make a play) but those other ones, wow not so much. He is a slinger though and likes to press the issue so who knows, maybe Michigans' DB's will trip and fall or something.