Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 10, 2012

• Facebook
  • Display
    I'll get my game in too after the Auburn game.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    I will join here later and play my game too. Sorry for the delay.
    As when the noon games started, I was the only one that had finished. I don't think you're delaying anything.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Cool because I might not kick off till 1030 or 11 tonight. Looking forward to seeing how the class is coming (saw the advance) since I lost out on the [5star] Tackle to Tex. That is/was terrible. That guy flip flopped soft to us both then choose the U. Grrr. Nice get Tex.

Gut feeling people aren't noticing their user games ...

USC (psuexv) vs Oklahoma (Iron Dragon)
    Virginia Tech (RCSinger) vs Miami (Texacotea)
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

The Longhorns slap the California Golden Bears around 62-10 in Austin to improve to 5-0 in the Pac-10.
    Longhorn offense: 24 1st downs, 9-12 3rd down, 254 rushing yards
    QB Garrett Gilbert, Sr: 11-19 182 yards 3 TD 1 INT
    RB Earl Campbell Jr, Fr: 18 car 143 yards
    RB Chris Whaley, Sr: 15 car 65 yards 2 TD
    RB Bryson Hopkins, Fr: 13 car 46 yards 3 TD
    WR Marquise Goodwin, Sr: 6 rec 110 yards 3 TD
    Longhorn defense: allowed 198 offensive yards, 4-12 3rd down defense, forced 5 turnovers (3 INT, 2 fumbles
    MLB Jordan Hicks, So: 8 tackles (4 TFL), 1 sack, 1 forced fumble
    CB C.J. Gross, Fr: 2 INT, 3 pass deflections
    SS Brian Amos, So: 1 INT, 2 tackles, 2 pass deflections
    DT Lance Gibson, Fr: 2 sacks, 3 tackles (2 TFL)
    Next up: Possibly the Pac-10 GOTY if USC is able to take down OU....if so....it will be a battle of two 6-0 Pac-10 teams in a game that will have a say about who will win the 2012 Pac-10 championship and a berth to the Rose Bowl....2:30pm central on ABC or ESPN (check your local listings)

Roy Finch had two runs 75+ yards to put Oklahoma up 31-14 before whatever USC's QB's name is throws for about 400 yards on like 7 passes to give SC a 42-31 lead.. he had two long Brice Butler TD catches where he was wide open.. not even anyone covering it. Poor defense, we just got cocky.

As I was driving down the field threatening to score, I call a play.. and the dreaded "please wait" appears and we disconnect. The lag was majorly on and off.. it was really bad, then it would be normal, then really bad for a few seconds, then normal.

Since it wasn't lopsided in one way and was a 4th-quarter football game, we're going to play it again tomorrow.

Good god is Roy Finch a man to stop it seems.. the 5'8" man played with some force.. his first TD run he broke like three tackles and then just flew down the field.

We are trying for 6:30pm Eastern tomorrow, I have an OD offseason at 8pm.. so we'll have to sneak it in before then as he'll be away in the afternoon.

Small chance we can play tomorrow morning.

Finch is an animal. I think both of his TD runs he broke 3 tackles.

Hit me up if you can play in the morning.

I've got my sister and mom in town from Michigan this week. I will still try to get my game in today but I won't be able to get on as often to see if everyone is done. So if someone could text me that would be awesome.

Penn State at Virgina

This game was over before it started as Penn State was able to once again put up a dominating performance on both sides of the ball 73-0. With next weeks matchup against Wisconsin looming, Penn State was able to rest the starters at the start of the 3rd Quarter.

One key was the return of their SR QB Kevin Newsome. Recovering still from some broken ribs suffered in their win over Texas earlier in the year, Kevin looked sharpe in his limited role. "We got Kevin in for some snaps in the 3rd and 4th quarter just to see how it felt' at this point the starter for next week still is Jones but Newsome might see more time if he can be a full go this week in practice.

Key stats vs Virgina
    QB's att com yds td int
    Paul Jones 15 9 158 1 0
    Kevin Newsome 2 2 98 1 0
    RB's car yds td lg
    Curtis Dukes 15 196 3 58
    Silas Redd 12 130 3 52
    David Chambers 5 30 1 9
    Jeremy Mackey 6 19 1 8
    Zach Zwinak 2 8 0 5
    Kevin Newsome 1 7 0 7
    WR cat yds td lg
    Justin Brown 3 136 2 84

The defense was impressive, intercepting 6 passes from QB Michael Struass.

Thomas had 2
    Lewis had 1
    Wallace had 2
    Willis had 1

The D held them to -5yds rushing on 19 attempts.

The D held them to 74yds Passing on 8 for 21 throwing by Struass.

RC and myself are playing tonight.

No go for me and psuexv tonight as we're getting down on my time and he's busy photo editing and I have another OD offseason tonight that should go from 8-11pm or so, so we're going to kickoff around 9pm tomorrow night.

It took us roughly an hour and a couple minutes to get to the 7-minute mark left in the ballgame, and we wouldn't be starting for a few anyways.
    Last edited by Iron Dragon; 10-24-2010 at 05:58 PM.

just got in, im wiped out right now, ill play tomorrow.

Alright my mother and sister are going down to Houston today and will return Wednesday. I'll play my game against Minny after the Cowboys game. Hopefully we'll be able to advance afterwards so I can play next weeks game Tuesday night as it will probably be Saturday before I could play again due to family being in town and the Rangers in the WS.

Seen Escobar just finished who does that leave yet?

Oklahoma vs USC I know, they kickoff at 9pm tonight.

Who else?

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Seen Escobar just finished who does that leave yet?

Oklahoma vs USC I know, they kickoff at 9pm tonight.

Who else?
    Maybe Prime. Not sure, I'm not getting the updates since the restart. Guess I'll have to quit and rejoin after the advance so I can access dynasty hub.

Me and Rc. we are planned for tuesday evening

Quote Originally Posted by Papa LoneStar View Post
    The Longhorns slap the California Golden Bears around 62-10 in Austin to improve to 5-0 in the Pac-10.
    Longhorn offense: 24 1st downs, 9-12 3rd down, 254 rushing yards
    QB Garrett Gilbert, Sr: 11-19 182 yards 3 TD 1 INT
    RB Earl Campbell Jr, Fr: 18 car 143 yards
    RB Chris Whaley, Sr: 15 car 65 yards 2 TD
    RB Bryson Hopkins, Fr: 13 car 46 yards 3 TD
    WR Marquise Goodwin, Sr: 6 rec 110 yards 3 TD
    Longhorn defense: allowed 198 offensive yards, 4-12 3rd down defense, forced 5 turnovers (3 INT, 2 fumbles
    MLB Jordan Hicks, So: 8 tackles (4 TFL), 1 sack, 1 forced fumble
    CB C.J. Gross, Fr: 2 INT, 3 pass deflections
    SS Brian Amos, So: 1 INT, 2 tackles, 2 pass deflections
    DT Lance Gibson, Fr: 2 sacks, 3 tackles (2 TFL)
    Next up: Possibly the Pac-10 GOTY if USC is able to take down OU....if so....it will be a battle of two 6-0 Pac-10 teams in a game that will have a say about who will win the 2012 Pac-10 championship and a berth to the Rose Bowl....2:30pm central on ABC or ESPN (check your local listings)
    Due to technical difficulties (having to retire and re-join the OD which kept my recruiting for the week but not the game results)....the Longhorns had to replay the California Bears and won 65-6 in Austin.
    Longhorn offense: 6 offensive touchdowns off 311 total yards
    QB Garrett Gilbert, Sr: 8-13 113 yards 4 TD 1 INT
    RB Bryson Hopkins, Fr: 12 car 59 yards 1 TD
    RB Earl Campbell Jr, Fr: 9 car 61 yards
    RB Traylon Shead, So: 6 car 45 yards
    WR Darius Terrell, So: 3 rec 48 yards 2 TD
    WR Marquise Goodwin, Sr: 3 rec 48 yards 1 TD
    Longhorn defense: 6 turnovers (3 INT, 3 fumbles), 1-9 3rd down conversions allowed
    CB C.J. Gross, Fr: 3 INT (2 for TD, 120 INT return yardage), 4 tackles, 2 pass deflections
    DE Alex Okafor, Sr: 4 tackles (3 TFL), 2 sacks

WOW!! An incredible game in the Coliseum with a dramatic final second finish.

With USC taking a 24-21 lead, I go on a daring 5+ minute drive wanting six points by converting THREE fourth down conversions including one well into field goal range and scoring on Jaz Reynolds' 17 yard TD pass from Landry.

USC drives down and the game winds under a minute, then a half minute, and I am hoping and praying Les Miles clock management kicks in and we get a lucky-ass victory. Well, the clock ticks down to less than 20 as backup QB for USC Jesse Scroggins seems to be wrapped up on an option, he pitches it to DJ Morgan who is going to be wrapped up by Gabe Lynn forcing a third down.. only to see Morgan break free from the tackle and waltz into the endzone giving USC 31-28.

Fourteen seconds was all I had.

First play.. complete to Reynolds near midfield. Timeout. Nine seconds.

Second play.. deep ball for a REYNOLDS WHO CAN MAKE THE GRAB..

..and he lets it slip through his precious fingertips as the clock hits 2 seconds. My reaction: :eek:

Final play.. a deep ball just shy of the goal line.. two Sooners players in the area..

tipped around, I thought I had it with Richardson, tipped again, maybe Stills gets his hands on it, tipped again, Stills with his hands near it, can't grab it and the game ends as the ball is flailed around just before the white line.

What a game, psuexv. A legendary game indeed. I wish I had a way to record it.

Jones was 16-for-23 for 253 yards and 2 TDs and an INT. Roy Finch only had 65 yards this go around and a TD. Reynolds 8-116 TD. Richardson 3-35-TD. Grissom had a sack. Hurst had an INT. Impact LBs Tom Wort and Jaydan Bird worked together on a 85 yard fumble return TD.

For USC, backup QB Scroggins was 16-for-23 for 253 yards (LOL), 3 TDs and an INT. 6'5" beast Prater had 4 recs for 101 yards and a TD.

Great write up. It was a crazy ending. Three fourth down conversions had me worried. I posted the 3rd resulting in the touchdown. Unreal play, breaking 3 tackles to get in.

Definitely one of the best games I've been in.