Thread: Disney + Subscription

• Facebook
  • Display

Disney + Subscription

Anyone going to check this out? I have young kids so it's a no brainer and $90 Cdn or $70 US a year is more than affordable.

According to the countdown clock it releases Nov 12th at 3:01am (PT)

My brother liked the first episode of Mandalorian but I have little interest in Disney. Burnt out on marvel movies and my kids are too old for Disney kids shows. So Disney really needs some fresh content to carry it and they are banking on Star Wars.

We got a free year of Apple TV with my son buying a new phone and my wife watched the Morning Show and liked it. Lots of swearing tho.

I actually really liked both episodes of the Mandalorian thus far. It reminds me of the original series. As for content there isn't a ton there but I will give them a year to figure it out and see what it's like at that point. If you aren't into cartoons it's pretty limited.

Maybe one day I will check out this show. I really do hope Star Wars makes a comeback. As for now I see it as nothing more than a cash grab vehicle as they pump out crappy movies that clearly aren't aimed for adults other than the ones hooked on the series as kids and lack the willpower to not watch. I would have loved to see what the GOT producers would have done but they backed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Maybe one day I will check out this show. I really do hope Star Wars makes a comeback. As for now I see it as nothing more than a cash grab vehicle as they pump out crappy movies that clearly aren't aimed for adults other than the ones hooked on the series as kids and lack the willpower to not watch. I would have loved to see what the GOT producers would have done but they backed out.
    Agreed.

I'm enjoying my subscription but mostly because they have all the Marvel cartoons that used to be on Fox in the 90's and Disney XD that I missed. If it wasn't for those, after the Mandalorian there's not much that I didn't already own until they release the new Marvel TV shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    I'm enjoying my subscription but mostly because they have all the Marvel cartoons that used to be on Fox in the 90's and Disney XD that I missed. If it wasn't for those, after the Mandalorian there's not much that I didn't already own until they release the new Marvel TV shows.
    There's a lot of shows I would love to see that I watched when I was a kid. Hopefully they will continue to grow their library. I'm def looking forward to the Obi Wan Kenobi series.

I think Disney+, suffers from the lack of original content. Obviously, Disney has a huge catalog of old movies, including the entire line of Marvel and Lucasfilm, but to launch with only one new game series is a great risk. They are lucky that The Mandalorian has achieved extraordinary success!

Quote Originally Posted by ngarry243 View Post
    I think Disney+, suffers from the lack of original content. Obviously, Disney has a huge catalog of old movies, including the entire line of Marvel and Lucasfilm, but to launch with only one new game series is a great risk. They are lucky that The Mandalorian has achieved extraordinary success!
    I totally agree with you!