Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NBA 2K20 Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Patch was released yesterday and all of their big patches have been really large. Wondering if they are adding uniforms or other visual stuff because they are like 30 GBs. One of the big changes is they corrected big men speed. Slow players can’t keep up with people now and it is very noticeable. I had my movement sliders at 85/15 and that bottom number has to come up about 20 points or maybe more now.

The one thing that could be better is the cpu doesn’t kick out after offensive rebounds. 23 on OS thinks of you lower close and inside shot tendencies it might improve but I’m not looking to change my sliders much anymore. They have been pretty similar for 15 games and I haven’t touched the main shooting or defence sliders for awhile.

Derrick Rose finish:

I didn't even realize there was a mentorship program in the game. I have now asked Blake Griffin to take Sekou under his wing in year two. You can pick up to 3 badges for them to be trained on.

Since the patch I think the movement sliders have to go back to default. Pre-patch the difference between bigs and quick players was too minimal. It was a HUGE change with the patch so default is a lot better now. A new patch is expected soon.

My second snatch block!

New patch added Harden one foot fade away. I personally have a feeling that thing will disappear since I haven’t seen him use it with much success in preseason.

https://streamable.com/nv7g4

I don’t think injury and durability sliders work in game. I’ve played around 50 league games and not a single injury.

I don’t think I’ve seen this foul animation.

Maybe its different or maybe I haven’t been paying enough attention but I think the cpu has done a much better job on defensive rotations vs the pick and pop. If they double the ball carrier they rotate over to avoid an easy open 3 and it forces an extra pass to find the open man. It’s a big improvement over last year.

I am still numb.

This is a great example of the improved defensive rotations this year. The cpu will double the post or double the ball on a pick and pop but they don’t leave the easiest pass wide open. You have to move it to get the open shot. Much better than the last two years.

This latest patch has finally fixed the stuttering issue some PS4 Pro users had. I didn’t have them but many did and it’s fixed. Some think they turned down the sweat to help.

I’m seeing more steals on the perimeter right now too. Not a bad thing though. Have to be careful with the ball a bit more now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    This latest patch has finally fixed the stuttering issue some PS4 Pro users had. I didn’t have them but many did and it’s fixed. Some think they turned down the sweat to help free slots for fun
    I’m seeing more steals on the perimeter right now too. Not a bad thing though. Have to be careful with the ball a bit more now.

Frankly speaking, I agree
    Last edited by Kevin Hoffmann; 12-05-2019 at 11:58 AM.

This is the first time I've done a back down dunk. It was cool but it's also a game weakness. With a mismatch like this they need to send help and most of the time the cpu won't.

This is the first time I've done a back down dunk. It was cool but it's also a game weakness. With a mismatch like this they need to send help and most of the time the cpu won't.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Hmm... Maybe I should give this game a try sometime in the future after all. I've been avoiding 2k since the whole fiasco with the monetization stuff and all that, but if the game actually plays okay, I can look past that stuff. Interesting. Have you or do you ever play around with the MyPlayer stuff? That's usually what I dive into if I do end up getting any of the NBA 2k games.

I’ve never played the MyPlayer thing although I need to try it sometime. But I have no impressions for that. Sorry.

Not sure why my last post got duplicated. A mod can delete that one.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    That's not a big deal. I always try to get into the MyLeague stuff but the amount of games needed to be played is always so daunting and I just don't have time for it, sadly. Kinda the same way with the MyPlayer stuff, except you're crazy to skip any games because it makes the process of you leveling up and getting better from the ~60ovr that you start that much longer.

Last edited by Rudy; 12-25-2019 at 07:43 AM.

I've played this a bit on Gamepass. While it's fin, it is such a grind to progress your player.

Banned
    Wow, thanks for the info. I am an aspiring NBA player. Maybe there are games that I should play before the classic game.