Thread: Nba 2k gameplay resource guide

• Facebook
  • Display

Nba 2k gameplay resource guide

GAME CONTROLS

All of the moves listed here. Great guide.

https://nba2kw.com/nba-2k19-controls...nced-controls/

DRIBBLING
    This video shows off a couple nice moves. I'm bad on the sticks. This can help people like me lol. I didn't realize tapping the L2 did a hesi/stutter step. But you can also see as your circle becomes a bunch of dashes that it opens you up for a steal.

Straight video link:

This video is fantastic.

PLAY CALLING

Play buttons.

Running Freestyle – hit Right on d-pad and then L1 for Freestyle options. Can set this year in the menu for 2K20.

Czar tweeted that the new custom plays/play action buttons can be quickly mapped to the same buttons. Makes for quick sets of custom plays.

I never pick my screener. I just hold L1 until someone comes and then I pick and roll or pop. But if you tap L1 and then tap R1 you can designate the player you want to pick with. I think this is different this year. Don’t forget you can click L3 to have them change the side of the screen they set. So many options in the game.

SHOT FEEDBACK
    SLIDERS DO MATTER WHERE YOU START FROM
    Difficulty levels AFAIK have always been more than just sliders. It is just sliders are the only thing you can see. Even with all the frontend sliders, there will always be more tools and tunings on the backend that you will not have access to.
    BADGES
    Full list of 80 badges broken down into 4 categories.

https://www.nba2klab.com/2k20-badges

I didn’t realize double tapping Circle on defence is a flop. Never tried that in the post. The Post tutorial is really good in 2KU although the shot stick is fussy. Slight angles vs straight down or up angles don’t always register well when you try to switch between hooks, fade-away and step backs out of the post. And the turbo button modified things. Turbo provides the shimmy shake but I also have to lay off the turbo and L-stick to do certain moves too.

My drop step, spin and shimmy shake fade-away is decent. I’ve gotten better switching hands when finishing with absolute control. Need to add the jab and step back shot out of the post. I can’t get the up and under right.

I do think the 2KU does a great job of teaching the moves. Advanced stuff in the post, dribble moves and shot types from runners to step backs to euro layups.

New offensive settings menu.

Some offensive and defensive settings pictures via OS. Can choose double team strategy too. https://forums.operationsports.com/f...29&postcount=9

Play calling added an extra button press which I think is dumb. Via OS.

I really don't like how I have to click an extra button to run a play now. PS4, you have to click L1, R1 for positional playcalling, then the players icon then the play button. Screws up the whole flow I had with playcalling for years. Hoping it gets reverted back to the way it was before which was L1, player icon, play button.

This may be offset by the favourite plays button:
    Basically you can set those plays to make it easier for you though by making your fav 8 plays happen with just one button push.

You can assign those plays to whatever player you want to as well so it's a double whammy.

Go to coach settings and you can remove any of those default options - isolation, floppy, recieve screen, etc and add a play. The list of plays pops up when you click on those names.

Choose a play, then IF you want, you can assign any of those plays to whatever player you want to run it.

Once you set them to the plays you want, you just pull up the menu and hit the corresponding button to run the play.

So if you set Isolation to something like Quick 1 Horns Flex. You can leave it there as default or assign it to any particular player in the game.

You can also change the 3 freelances to any series or freelance in the game.
    Last edited by Rudy; 09-06-2019 at 05:10 AM.

I don’t call a lot of plays. I usually stick to ISO or pick and rolls and when I do call plays I like Floppy or maybe a flare screen for a shooter. But this is a video showing how to customize your offence this year.

Not a gameplay resource but all 2K ratings here. Kennard is low at 84 for 3 point rating but a lot of ratings seem a touch low.

https://www.2kratings.com/

There are new sim sliders for MyLeague that affect the gameplay and style of play. People are saying they have a huge impact. This is new to the game.

I'm horrible at playing on ball defense. This guide is tremendous. It talks about guarding people and holding L2 (def stance) and then tapping turbo ONCE per step (in tune with LS) while moving with players. Do not hold down the turbo button. If you are getting blown by it's recommended to spam tap BOTH L2 & R2 and move in the direction of the ball handler to cut him off. Then to wall up and contest hold both L2 & R2 down while pushing up on RS and pushing LS towards the ball handler/shooter. Not sure I can handle that but I will try this turbo tap method.

Having a specific player set screens is more complicated this year. Have to call a position specific play in that you hit L1 then R1 and instead of calling a play for that player, HOLD their icon down to get that specific player to set a screen. Way too much button action and it looks cluttered on screen in addition to be time consuming. I generally just use the basic pick option and have whoever set it.

You can challenge calls this year. After a whistle hit the timeout button and it will give you an option to challenge or take a timeout.

https://twinfinite.net/2019/09/nba-2...allenge-calls/

https://twinfinite.net/2019/09/nba-2...allenge-calls/

Not gameplay related but when you start a franchise / MyLeague you can import a custom roster bit they no longer display how. Have to hit triangle at a screen to do it.

On a separate note, with icon passing L1 is the man closest to the basket. This can frustrate me sometimes if I accidentally hit the icon button (R1) and then call for a screen with L1 and it tries to pass it into the paint for a turnover.
    Last edited by Rudy; 09-29-2019 at 04:44 AM.