Thread: NBA 2K20 Trailer

• Facebook
  • Display

NBA 2K20 Trailer

This is a hype trailer with just close ups of dunks, celebrations and shots. I learned nothing lol. I'm still surprised we have learned nothing about new gameplay features when the game releases in 5 weeks and Live is not even around to challenge them. Muscular/thicker players should still be bigger. The player models are nice when I play from a distance but I'm curious to see where the game goes on the PS5.

There are some new dribble and block animations along with gear and other updates from the trailer via Forbes' Brian Mazique.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianma.../#caa29fb90297

There are still a lot of things with 2K that I don't know. The average person (like me) can just play with basic moves and things but I've been trying to learn my post moves more. Drop stepping, using hook vs fade shots (with absolute controls) and the r-stick shimmy fadeaway as well. My dribble moves aren't anything special. I should focus on that.

One thing I didn't know was that I can hit d-pad left and change the freestyle sets a team runs. I'm gonna experiment with that. I don't know all the terminology of these offenses but I want to mess around a little.

I’ve been playing 2K again recently and I’ve been getting beat badly. I’ve been rusty and sloppy on offence with turnovers. Trying out some new post moves and dribble handoffs. Trying to run some freestyle sets but the game does a poor job of explaining any of that. In fact help videos reference hitting the d-pad left when it’s right, then L1 then cycle through options. The defensive options for focusing on certain players would be nicer to have in the main menu although maybe it is and I don’t know where to find it. But the cpu has been shooting the lights out too. I haven’t held them under 50% (and 45% or so is normal) in forever.

The one part of the game I find unbalanced for the cpu is how they can thread the needle in the paint and get all kinds of easy buckets on back doors. I especially hate the long pass in transition when nobody picks up an open guy I can’t even see. My passes in the paint get stolen or deflected. Shooting wise the cpu is better than me as well. Overall the biggest difference is they get easier buckets and more points in the paint. And when I lose the turnover battle it’s no contest.