Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Madden 20 Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Madden 20 Impressions

With the purchase of EA ACCESS, Madden 20 10 hour trial is now live.

I've only played the PRO BOWL and I struggled. The controls/triggers etc have changed a little so there is that to get used to. I do appreciate finally seeing the pro bowl after all these years. I didn't feel a huge difference in the game from 19 but I only played one game. Typical EA Tiburon though... at the end of the game they show me a picture of PITTSBURGH and DALLAS helmet shots. That's the immersion that I know and love with Tiburon.

I'm going to try out face of the franchise next. Sadly the new face editor looks good but it's NOT available in regular franchise mode...

I’ve read there is some bad AI late game decision making. Like not kicking a FG as time expires. Keep your eye on that. Some have complained that the cpu running game on all pro is still weak as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I’ve read there is some bad AI late game decision making. Like not kicking a FG as time expires. Keep your eye on that. Some have complained that the cpu running game on all pro is still weak as well.
    Yup... that's how I won the NC. The cpu didn't kick a field goal and had 1 timeout and 6 seconds left. They were at my 5 yard line.

So let me just say that playing Face of the Franchise... seeing those college football teams in the field was beautiful but also made me want to cry. Man how I miss EA NCAA College Football.

Overall, face of the franchise is actually a lot of fun thus far.

My story....

Number: 12
    School: Miami Hurricanes
    Trait: Team Player

College Football Semi Final:

Miami 17
    Texas Tech 14

* we wont on a LAST SECOND FIELD GOAL.
    * I threw for 2 td's

College Football Championship

Miami 10
    Oklahoma 7

Combine results: I went 18/24 in passing and raised my draft stock

NFL DRAFT: Selected in the late first round by the Miami Dolphins

Overall likes:
    * college football!
    * pretty interesting story
    * great visuals
    * improved passing game
    * no sign of leaping linebackers

Overall yikes:
    * cpu late game AI is bad
    * still too many dropped balls after hits
    *cpu AI Passing is lights out good
    * not much of a AI run game
    * same repetitive plays in suggested paly calls
    * cannot change college uniforms or track stats

Weird....

In the college football playoff you play every snap on both sides of the ball and you control all characters. After being drafted you only control the QB. That just seems strange.

Overall I will finish the pre season with my EA access and see what happens. No changes in franchise so i'm not sure if I will even try out the mode.

I will say that passing seems vastly improved in the sense that the crazy leaping linebackers are gone. That's huge for me. I'm not a great passer but it seems to me that zone is very, very loose and man-to-man is possibly a little overpowered.

I've been in the zone twice for x factor. Honestly I don't see the results at all. Same with the cpu, when they are in the zone I haven't really seen anything different.

I finished the preseason with some good to mediocre play. I was on fire versus Tampa Bay but all other games were average. After preseason game 3 versus the Jags the coach said I may not be ready to start. Then he names me the starter for the season the following week. Looking at Ryan Fitzpatrick's play and numbers in the preseasons this makes no sense. Honestly I should not be starting the season but I guess the mode tries to push you to start ASAP.

Too bad there are some AI issues. CPU RB AI is bad (par for the course) from what I read.

I’m gonna have to check out EA Access at some point and see for myself. The leaping LB fix is music to my ears. May wait until the day 1 patch and then get my month. May also try to time it so I can play Live 20 in the same month for $5 lol. Although I expect nothing from that and it may not even release.

Too bad there are some AI issues. CPU RB AI is bad (par for the course) from what I read.

I’m gonna have to check out EA Access at some point and see for myself. The leaping LB fix is music to my ears. May wait until the day 1 patch and then get my month. May also try to time it so I can play Live 20 in the same month for $5 lol. Although I expect nothing from that and it may not even release.
    Just being able to play two college football games was worth the price of EA ACCESS for me. I miss that game!

There is a part of me interested in purchasing the full game as I am enjoying the Face of the Franchise. That said, BIG HITS MUST BE TUNED WAY DOWN!!!!! In the last two games I have had 6 fumbles as my cpu teammates fumble after being rocked by the linebacker or safety. Kenyan Drake now has four fumbles in five games. It's just way too overdone.

I don’t think people realize how few times a RB in the NFL fumbles. It’s like 3-5 times a year. I’ve always boosted ball security in the sliders in the past.

I don’t think people realize how few times a RB in the NFL fumbles. It’s like 3-5 times a year. I’ve always boosted ball security in the sliders in the past.
    The problem is the big hitter X factor that a lot of linebackers and safeties have. It seems like every hit is a hit stick big hit. It's really frustrating.

By the way Rudy, hate to tell you this but in Madden... the Dolphins are just plain bad!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    By the way Rudy, hate to tell you this but in Madden... the Dolphins are just plain bad!
    They are horrible in real life! It’s one reason I haven’t even followed Madden as much cause they suck!

The fanboys still believe but they are delusional. They have a great off season in terms of acquiring future picks and getting their future cap space under control. But they will pay for it badly this year as they Tank for Tua. Their OL is the worst in the NFL as is their DE. Probably have one of the worst QBs too. They have a few nice WRs and RBs to go with a few good defensive players but this is a team that is bad. Anything above 4 wins would be a major victory and 2-3 wins is more realistic.

They are horrible in real life! It’s one reason I haven’t even followed Madden as much cause they suck!

The fanboys still believe but they are delusional. They have a great off season in terms of acquiring future picks and getting their future cap space under control. But they will pay for it badly this year as they Tank for Tua. Their OL is the worst in the NFL as is their DE. Probably have one of the worst QBs too. They have a few nice WRs and RBs to go with a few good defensive players but this is a team that is bad. Anything above 4 wins would be a major victory and 2-3 wins is more realistic.
    I'm now 2-5 with a shocking win over Pittsburgh on Monday night. I was sacked 8 times in that game. At this point in the season I have been sacked close to 25 times! It's my right guard and right tackle that are getting torn apart.

Skip the first 1:40 of this video but after the silly intro tell me what you think. I'm a long time madden player and I can say this guy is 100% correct in his assertions. I think he nailed it personally.

DROPS, DROPS, DROPS... in face of the franchise this continues to be an issue. Any contact and your receiver drops the ball. In my loss to Buffalo my receivers had 6 drops as compared to Buffalos two. The Bills also have 9 pass deflections as compared to my three. All of those stats are just borked beyond belief and no way authentic to real NFL.

That guy was pretty spot on lol. I’m still waiting for a user camera like Madden 05 had. All I hear are excuses as to why certain things can’t be done. But they are lies. They just prioritize MUT over everything else.