Thread: Madden 20 Closed Beta

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden 20 Closed Beta

As the title says, Madden 20 will have another closed beta this year. It will run from June 14th to June 17th. Access to the beta will be limited and based on social media sites providing codes. For further details here is the link at OS.

https://www.operationsports.com/madd...ly-get-a-code/

It's a limited beta in terms of what you can play and who you can play with.

A really good question was brought up about getting a code of you have EA Access. However, having EA ACCESS will not grant you a code. Personally I think that's a great idea but it's not in the cards.

I read player movement is smoother but that’s like reading the Show has improved ball physics. They say the same thing every year. I will check out the game. Want to see the reduced LB INT abilities.

Looks like they are already giving out codes on EA SPORTS Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Looks like they are already giving out codes on EA SPORTS Twitter.
    They've been giving out codes since Tuesday morning. It's been hell trying to get one though. I had pretty much given up yesterday then I answered a question on Twitter about who was my favorite Madden developer. I said Anthony White, the creator of playbooks, was and said I listened to his interview on an Eagles podcast even though I'm a Cowboys fan. About an hour later he sent me a beta code. I will post my impressions when I play. Still playing Madden 19 with Matt10's sliders. He did alot of work to fix the animations. Hopefully the smoothness everyone is feeling is real.

I hear that the consensus is that really nothing was done to franchise mode in terms of significant changes. I just don't get how you look at 2k Bball, The Show or FIFA and and see how vastly inferior Madden is in that area. It is the worst franchise mode in all sports gaming. I think I've lost hope on it ever returning to greatness.

Franchise is different. From watching the stream reveals and playing the beta, I don't think they put everything for franchise into the beta. The superstar abilities (badges from 2K) and X-Factors rreally change the game. They added in more diverse offensive and defensive schemes, and got rid of the multiple 4-3 and 3-4 and put in different types of hybrid schemes. The playbooks are also more different from team to team than they were before. You have to have the right players to fit your scheme and playbook or how you play the game. The scenario engine changes how your players progress, they also changed how players get Star, Superstar, or X-Factor dev traits. Most players in the league are Normal dev and the ratings are alot more spread out. Also not alot of players get the Superstar abilities so it's not overpowered. I simmed about 5 years or so into a CFM drafting and playing a few games a season. I know the player contracts and ratings in the beta aren't what they are going to be in release. They put up a video today showing how they player contract have different breakdowns per year, it's not just averaged out over time. This will impact franchise and free agency. I think once people get their hands on it and see how it goes with the gameplay changes they will notice a difference. The gameplay is alot smoother. I'm trying to think if it's like going from NCAA '13 to '14 where '13 had the new movement system, then on '14 they refined it and it was great. You can actually tell the difference between top end speed players and quick agile players. The defenders also actually play the ball/receiver this year instead of just waiting for the WR to catch the ball. I would recommend you try it out. I was playing '19 with Matt10's sliders and my CFM with some people is still going, but after playing the beta and going back to 19 I don't want to play 19 anymore at all. So the release game should be better.

Sounds good.

Forgot to mention players can go from Normal to Star development during the season through scenario engine. It's a prompt and you have to meet certain game goals. I didn't get it to work, because I was simming most of the games so the player never reached the in game goals.

https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/stat...XgypxeUOZyAN7Q

Saw this at OS. Close your eyes and click on the video and that's how you figure out your team for 20.

EA Access is available tomorrow. I think I will pay the $5 to check out Madden and see if it’s really improved. I haven’t played one second of the last two games. Will be interesting to see if the physics and tackling engine are better. I really like the superstar stuff and that they are trying to get the great players to stand out more. I’ve always thought they needed a talent threshold slider like their speed threshold to help separate the greats from the bad players more. A lack of leaping LBs will also make me happy.

I would still like to know if I can throw to my outside receivers easier. My leading receivers are always slots because I find it difficult to pass outside. That is partially because I stink and also partially because timing is so crucial on those routes and that hasn’t been implemented well in the past.

I saw EA’s sub service is available on the PS4. Anybody using their 10 hours to play? This Madden looks really great. I’m tempted to pull the trigger myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tempted but haven’t pulled the trigger on Access yet

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Tempted but haven’t pulled the trigger on Access yet
    Honestly EA ACCESS is great. I get the yearly subscription as it gives me access to their full library. I've played most of the games thus far.

This is a link to me playing a bunch of games on All-Madden using EA Access. Most of them are in franchise default All-Madden, the last few 9 min quarters testing out Matt10's gameplay sliders and Tdawg's XP sliders. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...K9eGv6sYYeh42l