Thread: TGT's Guide to E3 2019

• Facebook
  • Display

TGT's Guide to E3 2019

E3 2019 and accompanying developer conferences are upon us. Once a three-day event, studios have spaced announcements over a week+ span to get what they believe is a proper share of the limelight and avoid being lost in the shuffle. However, one could argue that due to the sheer volume of announcements, game information could still get overlooked despite attempts to stand out.

To help keep you up-to-date with all the happenings at and surrounding E3, TGT has put together a guide to all of the press conferences by companies and studios such as EA, Xbox, Nintendo, and others.

Continue on to see TGT’s guide to E3. Check back often as we update this article with the latest links, information, recaps, discussion, and more. Threads devoted to new games announced will likely be added to our Other Games Forum.

EA Play

(Begins at 42:35)

Recap:
    Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (44:00) – Game Director Stig Asmussen and Head of Respawn Vince Zampella discuss the game. Title is single player, action adventure game set post-Episode III. Clip is from gameplay approximately three hours into gameplay.
    Gameplay clip shown. (Begins at 47:16) The game stars Cameron Monaghan (Gotham) and Forest Whitaker. Game story is canon in Star Wars universe. Game launches November 15, but more will be shown at Microsoft press conference tomorrow.

Apex Legends (Begins at 1:13:40) – Legendary Hunt Event (through 6/18), Apex Elite Queue, Legendary Hunt Challenges announced. Double XP Weekend 6/7-6/9 as well as Special Store Event. Season Two (‘Battle Charge’) discussion with Designer Drew McCoy; will being July 2. New legend, new weapon (L-Star), new way to play the game, ‘perhaps a’ map event all part of season two. Meta-changes coming to weapons as well. Battle Pass content discussed including new character skins. Ranked Mode coming in Season Two. New season will feature the game’s tenth legend, Wattson. Character discussed with Game Designer Griffin Dean, Senior Artist Will Cho, and Writer Tom Casiello.

Battlefield V (Begins at 1:43:30) – New map Marita shown and discussed with Producer Ryan McArthur. Coming in July as part of Chapter Four. Al Sundan map (1:50:00)

FIFA 20

Madden NFL 20

The Sims 4

Xbox

Livestream: Sunday, June 9 – 3 PM CT

Games expected to be shown/showcased: 14 Xbox Game Studios titles and “more first party games than we’ve ever had” per Phil Spencer.

Watch here: YouTubeTwitch - Mixer

Bethesda

Livestream: Sunday, June 9 – 7:30 PM CT

Games expected to be shown/showcased: Doom Eternal.

Watch here: TwitchYouTubeTwitterMixer - Facebook Live

PC Gaming Show

Livestream: Monday, June 10 – 12 PM CT

Games expected to be shown/showcased: TBA.

Watch here: TwitchYouTube - Mixer

Ubisoft

Livestream: Monday, June 10 – 3 PM CT

Games expected to be shown/showcased: Watch Dogs Legion, Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Watch here: Twitch - YouTube

Square Enix

Livestream: Monday, June 10 – 8 PM CT

Games expected to be shown/showcased: The Avengers Project, Final Fantasy VII remake.

Nintendo

Livestream: Tuesday, June 11 – 11 AM CT

Games expected to be shown/showcased: TBA.

Last edited by cdj; 06-09-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Rocksteady will not be at E3 to reveal their current project, so it would suggest their next title will be for the next-gen consoles.

On a different E3 note it looks like Best Buy Canada will be offering 30% off pre-orders for some E3 games this year. And Walmart has some good pre-order deals as well (like NHL at $55 I think).

Looking forward to Ghosts of Tsushima and TLOU 2 plus any new content but then I remembered Sony was skipping this and I’m annoyed lol. Dumb decision. Hope to get some news on NBA 2K.

Sony wins

A leak on their website has revealed Bandai Namco's upcoming titles. From Kotaku:

Spoiler: show
    A security flaw on publisher Bandai Namco’s website has led to a major new E3 leak that reveals three new games: the rumored From Software-George R.R. Martin collaboration, a new Tales game, and Ni no Kuni remastered.

Via various posters on ResetEra, the leaks are:

Elden Ring, for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, a new game from the makers of Dark Souls and Sekiro in collaboration with Game of Thrones creator George R.R. Martin. Turns out all those rumors were indeed true.

A remastered version of the first Ni no Kuni, for Xbox One, PC, and PS4. Looks like a Switch version of the non-remastered version is coming, too.

And Tales of Arise (pictured above), a new game in the long-running JRPG series, also for PC/Xbox/PS4

Link: https://kotaku.com/massive-e3-leak-r...paign=sharebar
    Last edited by cdj; 06-07-2019 at 07:04 PM.

The GRRM game could be interesting.

Definitely looking forward to Watchdogs 3.

Of expected titles, I'm looking forward most to the Avengers game (to learn what it is finally) and Watch Dogs Legion. Beyond that, any and all surprises - even if it's not a game I'll play. I just like being surprised and seeing people excited for an unexpected reveal.

The Avengers game is interesting. I doubt we hear anything about Dragon Age but that would be a nice surprise too.

Not crazy about the SW game. Looks like a very mediocre title. I had my criticisms of Spider-Man but the game made you feel like Spidey. This game is meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Not crazy about the SW game. Looks like a very mediocre title. I had my criticisms of Spider-Man but the game made you feel like Spidey. This game is meh.

I was very interested but the game footage didn't do much for me. Right now I don't see any compelling reason for a purchase.

I didn't have a chance to watch Microsoft's presser since I've been at work the last couple hours. I'll have to check it out later tonight sometime after the live streams available to re-watch on YouTube or something.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Oh hell yes! There are rumors, if true, that Square Enix is going to announce a remaster of Final Fantasy 8 during their E3 conference later today. If that's true, I am fucking ecstatic. Final Fantasy 7 was my first game ever played in my Playstation 1 when I got it as a kid. That was quickly followed by just about every other Final Fantasy that has been released since 1997.

If true, all the FF games I grew up on, Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12 will all be remastered and released on the PS4 and I can relive part of my childhood again, lol. That and finally having a release date of March 3, 2020 announced for the release of at least part 1 of Final Fantasy 7 Remake, which I cannot wait for!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I like the Avengers trailer but it doesn’t really show a lot of true gameplay.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/10/1...e-date-e3-2019

Wasn't happy about Watchdogs Legion. 20 years into the future; significant violence, etc. The game didn't need this. A backdrop like London and a half decent story was all they needed. I'll still get the game but I am disappointed in the direction this game took.