Thread: NCAA Forms Committee to Examine Student-Athletes Profiting of Names, Likenesses

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

NCAA Forms Committee to Examine Student-Athletes Profiting of Names, Likenesses

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...mes-likenesses

This might be the most positive news those of us hoping for a revival of NCAA Football have heard yet. Granted, it's nothing more than a committee being formed, but someone in the NCAA apparently thought it was worth actually seriously looking into it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Several years too late.....but better late than never.

It seems that in the last few years the NCAA has been a bit more pro-active and willing to pursue certain goals, so maaaaybe this actually happens? I really don't want to get my hopes up though.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Several years too late.....but better late than never.

It seems that in the last few years the NCAA has been a bit more pro-active and willing to pursue certain goals, so maaaaybe this actually happens? I really don't want to get my hopes up though.
    My feelings too. What tough is that so much time has passed already that all of the great things with NCAA 14 are probably now long gone and a new game would need to be built from scratch for next gen consoles. How long would it take to get the game back to our standards?

This is the most sensible thing. The reality is that while college football could pay many athletes, most sports are in the red. The vast majority of players are happy with a scholarship but the elite ones that generate a ton of dough, ratings and jersey sales should get some more. And the NCAA doesn't even have to pay them! Just let them do commercials and crap. And the old argument that it's a slippery slope that will lead to some bad stuff - child please! Look at the academic entrance scandal and all the other coach scandals in the last 5 years. This stuff is peanuts and at least it will be in the open. And may lead to NCAA Football again!

Man, I need a good computer. The CFB mod for Madden 19 looks amazing!
    https://youtu.be/vnupK-jVfvA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Man, I need a good computer. The CFB mod for Madden 19 looks amazing!
    https://youtu.be/vnupK-jVfvA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Makes you think what could have been huh. I just wish we could have got one PS4/ONE next gen version of the game...