Thread: PlayStation 5 - News & General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

PlayStation 5 - News & General Discussion

Good news. PS5 will have an SSD drive and be backwards compatible with PS4. Very nice! Some other technical stuff in here.

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusiv...t-gen-console/

Even though I just bought my PS4 Pro last September, I'm almost tempted to trade it in for a a PS5 when it releases, jump on board with the newer, faster, better, more powerful c
    Playstation console.

Although granted, it may still be better to wait, since it has seemed like every console has had some sort of issue at launch and it took a couple months to fix those issues, whether it was through software patches or physical hardware changes.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Even though I just bought my PS4 Pro last September, I'm almost tempted to trade it in for a a PS5 when it releases, jump on board with the newer, faster, better, more powerful c
    Playstation console.

Although granted, it may still be better to wait, since it has seemed like every console has had some sort of issue at launch and it took a couple months to fix those issues, whether it was through software patches or physical hardware changes.

It's all about pricepoint for me. Sony priced PS4 fairly at $399cdn and as such I pre ordered for day 1. That being said, PS3 was an absolute disaster. It sold in Canada for $799.

Backwards compatibility is great news for me. Saves me from having to buy a PS4 to play TLOU2 and a few other Sony made games I missed out on. Just wait till the PS5 releases!

BC is huge because I can trade in an older console to help pay for it. That said I have waited about a year to buy a new console the last two generations. The first games usually aren’t that great and I like to wait for a price drop if I can. If this thing has a 2 TB SSD and other good things it will probably start at $599 Canadian at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    BC is huge because I can trade in an older console to help pay for it. That said I have waited about a year to buy a new console the last two generations. The first games usually aren’t that great and I like to wait for a price drop if I can. If this thing has a 2 TB SSD and other good things it will probably start at $599 Canadian at the very minimum.
    Honestly Rudy I am not convinced it will be %599 cdn. I would not be surprised if its closer to $650. In a perfect world I hope it's low 4's but with our dollar that's highly unlikely.

I think you are probably right. That 2TB SSD drive is gong to cost a lot. Hopefully the prices sink with the bulk manufacturing. But the Pro right now with that drive would retail over her for maybe $650.

You also have to factor in that arrogant Sony is back on track. They only wanted you to work two jobs for the PS3.

I am more interested to see who delivers final specs and prices their systems first. How much info will MS release at E3?

I still fail to see how Google Stadia can compete with the graphics of personal consoles as a cloud based option. Even with fibre optics I just don’t see how the graphics could compare. Maybe in the future but I will believe it when I see it. Consoles will still be King for at least one more generation.

There's been a bunch of stories, some saying rumors, others saying predictions by analysts, etc, that the PS5 will retail for $399 at launch.

If that's the case, I'm all in on trading my Pro in day one for a PS5. But to sell it for $399 retail, I imagine Sony would have to be eating a massive loss per console early on in the name of market share like they did with the PS4.

There's been a bunch of stories, some saying rumors, others saying predictions by analysts, etc, that the PS5 will retail for $399 at launch.

If that's the case, I'm all in on trading my Pro in day one for a PS5. But to sell it for $399 retail, I imagine Sony would have to be eating a massive loss per console early on in the name of market share like they did with the PS4.

I would be shocked... but that said I would definitely buy at that price.

I watched as speculation video and it argued that based on the equipment sony is using the rock bottom price point would have to be $500US ($600cdn). If that's the case I might be out. That's a really high price point. Speculation is that XBOX is launching with two price points based on what type of power you want in your system. That alone makes me think the intro system will be pricy as the higher end will be absurd.

They are launching a PS5 Pro at launch beside the base one? That seems weird. I could understand having a bigger hard drive in one. How much will that cost? I will be trading in a base PS4 when this comes out.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/09/19/s...-5-pro-report/

Guys, is there an official PS5 release date yet? I found only general information in the Internet - the end of 2020, the beginning of 2021.