Thread: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

• Facebook
  • Display

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

This is supposed to be a single player experience that isn’t focused on micro transactions. Hard to tell what kind of game this is since the trailer had no gameplay. But release date in November atm.

http://youtu.be/0GLbwkfhYZk

Asmussen describes the game as having a focus on melee combat, lightsaber and Force powers, with the main character driven to completing his Jedi training despite being in pursuit. After episode 3.

https://www.cnet.com/news/star-wars-...entertainment/

Pretty hard to get a read based on that. Some gameplay would be great.

Fallen Jedi is surprisingly good. I wasn’t impressed at all by the early videos but this is fun. It really is a combination of Uncharted and Tomb Raider in a SW universe. Lots of platforming and puzzle solving. Combat and platforming can be hard. Not a combat heavy game. Has a skill tree to upgrade things and the game really eases you into new moves and teaches you as you go. Some customization of your character and lightsaber. Not a fan of repawning if I die too much but it makes you more cautious. Completed 3 stages so far and a definite winner at the moment.

I will echo one other complaint I read about. I wish there were fast travel points. You don’t need a ton but the game has you explore planets and some parts remain locked until later on. Then when you go back it’s a little annoying to have to travel all the way back to parts to get to the unlocked sections. Even a couple fast travel spots per world would be great.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    My understanding is it's also a Souls-like game with combat that can be like Demon Souls in how punishing it can be.

I’ve read the comparisons to Souls but I don’t really understand as I haven’t played those games. If you get killed you have to go back and defeat the person who killed you to get your XP lost back but the game isn’t that hard. I’m not a great gamer and in normal I do fine. I have died more than Tomb Raider or Uncharted but it’s hardly impossible. I find Normal to be fine and because there is an Easy mode people can drop down to that to.

You have the ability to parry, roll, attack in a few different ways. The skill tree allows for different things and you choose what you want. Over time you learn the ability to Force Push and then Pull objects. Nothing makes me feel like a Jedi than pushing a Storm trooper of a ledge lol. This is not a Batman style combat game. But it’s fairly normal to me and while a bit hard it’s not brutal.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I think that's the main comparison to Souls-like games, the dying and having to go back to get your XP from the person that kills you. I'm definitely gonna check it out when I have time to actually play stuff.

I considered it but its just not my thing. Glad people are enjoying it though.