Thread: Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2019 (PS4, XB1)

• Facebook
  • Display

Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2019 (PS4, XB1)

This fall, college football comes to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC with September's release of Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2019.

The game is a sandbox title, allowing users to select from Canadian football, US collegiate, or US professional rule set and field sizes. Based on community demand, 2019 will include a 130-team college football dynasty mode (US) and the option for a 27-team Canadian college football dynasty mode, including recruiting.

While there is no licensing agreement in place for the NCAA or college football teams, users can edit team names and uniforms. The title has put together a growing list of in-game sponsors and brands, including Phil Steele (US dynasty mode only), Wilson Football, Phenom Elite Brand, Mokom Gloves, and Canada Football Chat (Canadian dynasty mode only).

The game is being developed by Canuck Play and Spear Interactive. View and donate to their Patreon here. The studio's previous title, Maximum Football 2018, is currently available on PSN and XBL.
    Last edited by cdj; 03-07-2019 at 07:35 AM.

Watching videos of Maximum Football 2018, there needs to be VAST improvement for me to be remotely interested in spending time trying to find a good set of files to put on a flash drive to get NCAA teams.
    The dude abides.

Yeah the game looks like garbage. Its really sad but hopefully there will be improvements. Honestly, they should probably put another year or so in development and launch on PS5/XB2.

The player models and running animations still look bad. I’d have to hear some incredible feedback for me to buy this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    The player models and running animations still look bad. I’d have to hear some incredible feedback for me to buy this game.
    I agree but to be fair this is like a development team of 2.5 people. All things considered they are doing a great job with what they have. I probably won't purchase but I give them credit for putting together a football title that services three leagues (CFL, NCAA, NFL).

That is true. They are all doing this on their free time while holding steady jobs. At the same time I’m not spending a lot of money on a bad game.

Via their Twitter account, they have said the planned release date is September 27 and will have a price point of $29.99.

The game us available tomorrow on a rolling release via PSN & XBL.

Looks like editing, depth charts and a lot of things are bugged or irritating. Some people seem to be OK with it but this game isn’t close to replacing NCAA 14 on an older console or Madden now. It’s a pipe dream from what I’ve read and watched on YouTube. If people were unhappy with NBA Live as an inferior product or alternative to 2K, this is far worse.

Forbes gives this game a 2/10. Rooting for the game but said it’s not fun. Tons of issues.

We can confirm our PS4 update 1.02 is now available.

The Xbox update may not be available until Monday. That extra time on the XBox is out of our hands. Sorry about that.

If you have reported an issue, and it's not on the list below, we do have the report, but some issues require more time to address and I don't want to hold up other critical fixes.

Below is the list of items that will be addressed as part of our first content update.

Xbox Build 3.0.50 - PS4 1.02

Fixed an issue that would cause the logo selector to pop up under the platform keyboard.

Fixed a memory leak in customization mode that would cause a crash.

Improved the reaction time for DB's. DB reaction time is based on the player's Intelligence rating.

A field goal or PAT attempt that goes between the uprights after hitting one of the uprights, now properly records the score.

Adjusted the lead blocking once the ball carrier has crossed the LoS so that a blocker will not bypass the closet defender going down field.

Added Overall to Red shirt list.

Corrected column help for Red shirt list.

A player tasked to field a kick will no longer jog towards the ball target if he should just let the kick bounce out through end zone.

Added additional error handling to the coin toss routine.

Updated player position display (on depth charts, player cards, etc...) to display position terminology based on the selected rule set. SB(12 man) == TE(11 man).

Fixed a bug with Canadian Dynasty Mode not loading the default bowl game logo properly.

Fixed a US College Field Goal Rule issue that would always place the ball on the 25 yard line regardless of where it was kicked from.

Improved performance opening/closing the logo selector.

Fixed an issue with Roughing The Passer being called too often.

Fixed an issue that would prevent the QB from snapping the ball if you called a time out after putting players in motion.

Fixed an issue with fumbles that would occur on specific plays if they were flipped in execution direction.

Corrected an issue that would prevent you from exiting customize if you cancelled out of editing a specific player.

Updated the stock logo collection.

Updated first name database

Fixed an issue on XBox that would save an older version of a 130 team dynasty file on top of a newer version (resulting in undoing edits)

Corrected an issue that would prevent overtime games in US College mode from progressing to the next turn if the first team with possession scored.

Fixed an issue that would reset the second half kickoff team if a team ran a kickoff play to end the first half.

A few additional notes;

We've made a few adjustments to DB and WR play. The goal is to shut down the cheese deep passing. It's still possible to get assignment mismatches, putting a LB on a WR will get you burned. But hopefully, this stops that problem.

I also hope that it doesn't completely shut down the passing game. I understand that a lot of people like defense, but a lot of people also like to be able to throw downfield. It may take a few tries to find that balance.

Along with the DB and WR end, we've toned down the defensive line rush a bit in an effort to get QB's a little bit more time in the pocket. Like coverages, defensive pressure is something that needs to be balanced out.

I think they bit off more than they could chew. I think a simple, old school Tecmo style game with easy graphics and arcade gameplay would have been better. The videos look bad. I have no interest.

I think they bit off more than they could chew. I think a simple, old school Tecmo style game with easy graphics and arcade gameplay would have been better. The videos look bad. I have no interest.
    Yeah I would like to support them but $39 Canadian is too pricy for me.

Should just copy the Super Mega Baseball formula (specifically SMB2). Better editing to make everything custom. Simplified graphics and animation that do not make my eyes bleed.