Thread: Apex Legends (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display

Apex Legends (PS4, XB1, PC)

This is the Titan-less, F2P Titanfall Battle Royale game that is heavily rumored to be available Monday.

Rumors now circulating that the game will be announced tonight during a Super Bowl ad! That is a pretty heavy cost for announcing a title. Doing this all so close to the release of Anthem - a title that many believe EA needs to perform very well - doesn't seem like the best decision.

If the ad is tonight, I wonder if the game will be available this evening instead of Monday. Take advantage of the hype and release it immediately (if possible) IMO.

It's now coming out that this game will be revealed after the Super Bowl and available tomorrow.

However, the head of Respawn just asked on social media 'is it halftime yet' so maybe official word will break then.

Anybody try this one yet? Looking to play it either tonight or tomorrow.

Will download it.

My son said he loved it. Played it a bunch yesterday and said it's simple and fun.

This game is NICE. So smooth. Great variety in characters (ala Overwatch) and guns. This is the FIRST game in the BR genre where rando teammates actually HELP you. Having a blast with this game right now. There is a learning curve and you'll suck for the first night as you get used to the HUD and such, but after the first few hours you'll get comfortable.

The best thing the game has here is the call out system, you can call ANYTHING out from location to ammo to enemies. I don't like chatting with randos on the headset either if I'm playing solo so that works out nice for communication too.
    The dude abides.

I'll definitely have to give this a try. Normally I couldn't care less about BR type games, but this I'll give a go.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The latest Apex Legends update has a nasty bug in it....

Via GameSpot:

Respawn has put a warning that there's a pretty serious bug in Apex Legends right now. It's tied to the battle royale title's latest update--which is live now--and it deletes your in-game progress.

To stave off the bug, Respawn wrote a quick post on Reddit advising all players to "not buy or craft anything" until the issue is resolved. The post did not list any specific platform, so it's implied the bug is affecting all versions of Apex Legends on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.

Things are going really well for Apex Legends.

Lol. That never ends well. As much as people can be losers or jerks it’s not a good look to fight back like that.

Honestly, I can't blame them for eventually losing their cool. Gamers online, especially on places like Reddit, can be some of the most hostile, personal and vitriolic assholes. Sometimes the best medicine is returning shit right back at a shit flinger.

And while most of the comments I've seen have been that they should have risen above that crap, a lot of people, even in the comments of that link, aren't really blaming the devs for actually going off on a bunch of hostile assholes launching personal attacks at the devs first.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I haven't played much Apex since launch week, but I've gathered that their pricing and structure for skins is what has people irked, then add in their response leading to this storm.

Personally, I find it humorous that their devs & community manager are inciting the crowd (for lack of a better term) while EA is in the middle of their crusade to end online toxicity. Maybe they need reported first?

Reddit was a mistake. Meme's as far as they eye can see. Free game, buy the skins or don't. On the other hand developers need to grow that thick skin. They knew what they were getting into when they became a developer.