Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ace Combat 7

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Easy is hardly easy at times. I think I'm on mission 8 (was gone all weekend) and couldn't complete it this morning. Failed like 4 times. It's the one wear you have to fly low in a sand storm and take out ground targets. The hardest thing is finding them with the radar being wrecked by the sand. I just discovered I need to use the zoomed out radar more and will have to try it again. I HATE timed missions! I've gotten 18 or 19 of the required 20 targets but it is pissing me off!
    Yeah, I hate that mission, such a pain in the ass! I've found the A-10 Warthog does the best job since you can fly at such low speeds with it, so you can get low and slow and fire off missles at the trucks the moment you get a lock.

I think I've only failed it once or twice for failing to meet the goals before time ran out. I did crash a number of times because I could pull up out of the way of a mountain or hill fast enough.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah. You have to be under 400’ to pretty much use your radar and then a mountain ridge comes up and sometimes nails you. I crashed a couple times as a result. I didn’t buy that plane but I am buying the F35 now!

The next mission is even worse! Fly under the clouds to avoid missles that you can’t avoid to take down 5 targets with at least two of them above the clouds exposing you. I keep getting shot down. These idiot designers don’t know what easy difficulty is. Plus the checkpoints are long and practically the entire mission half the time.

I have to find a different plane or missles to help with this mission.
    Last edited by Rudy; 02-05-2019 at 05:42 AM.

Think I'm going to get this within the next couple of weeks. Hearing so many good things.
    The dude abides.

The next mission is even worse! Fly under the clouds to avoid missles that you can’t avoid to take down 5 targets with at least two of them above the clouds exposing you. I keep getting shot down. These idiot designers don’t know what easy difficulty is. Plus the checkpoints are long and practically the entire mission half the time.

I have to find a different plane or missles to help with this mission.
    Yeah, for that mission, basically all you can do is stay low until you get as close as possible, floor it into afterburners, race up out of the clouds, fire off your missile the second you finally get a lock on and then dive your ass right back into the clouds as fast as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Think I'm going to get this within the next couple of weeks. Hearing so many good things.
    I've had a lot of fun with this game. Beat it once already on Easy difficulty, going to eventually go back and play on the next difficulty level. I also have Ace Combat 5 to play through, which I'm assuming was a pre-order bonus for PS4 (Xbox One got Ace Combat 6).

Did that cloud mission. I had just bought my F35 and was using it but I couldn’t afford the good air to ground missles to help with tha mission. So I switched back to my F16 and better missles to help.

Have not bothered with Ace 5.

Man, I am either the worst flying gamer of all time or this company really needs to define "Easy". Doing mission 11 and twice I fail to score enough points to advance. I just read there are "core" targets on ground facilities I need to hit and not basic ones. I chose ground special missles but I don't know. Easy isn't that easy!

This game just shoots itself in the foot at times. I gave VR a shot. While I can handle roller coasters no problem, I cannot handle VR. This game give me motion sickness. That is not the developers fault. But they force me to sit forward in my chair and I can’t lean back with no options to adjust the VR. The worst thing is they force advanced controls on you! Can’t use standard. So stupid. Don’t try VR without trying advanced controls which suck. Left/right just rolls the plane. It doesn’t steer. So you have to roll and then pull back on the r stick to turn. I don’t like it. All of it added to me not feeling well.

Yeah, that's the only reason I haven't played much multiplayer, because I just used the standard controls in the campaign and have spent almost no time with the advanced controls. And yet, you pretty much have to use advanced controls if you're going to spend much time in multiplayer or expect to do good. Standard, you just turn too slowly. You have to pretty much go advanced if you have any hope of keeping up with enemy planes in high-G turns and corkscrews, or while trying to evade missiles with hairpin turns and reverses. You can't turn on a dime, do a quick reverse or do a 180 on a dime to avoid missiles or get lined up for a kill with standard controls. I started to experience that when I started facing the most difficult of the enemy planes and drones in the last 5 or 6 missions of the game, they're fast as hell and make such tight and sudden turns, I struggled so damn much trying to line up to use my missiles or guns on them with standard controls.

Too bad they don’t have a Standard control option for VR and multiplayer to restrict some of those aces. I got tired of getting smoked by them. When I finish the campaign I will likely sell or trade it.

Edit: mission 14 through the canyon at low altitude is probably better with expert so you can turn on your side. That was a bit frustrating flying through tight corners.
    Last edited by Rudy; 02-10-2019 at 05:08 AM.

Too bad they don’t have a Standard control option for VR and multiplayer to restrict some of those aces. I got tired of getting smoked by them. When I finish the campaign I will likely sell or trade it.

Edit: mission 14 through the canyon at low altitude is probably better with expert so you can turn on your side. That was a bit frustrating flying through tight corners.
    Try going through that canyon with the throttle held down.

There's either an achievement or some in-game accomplishment for traversing that canyon at full speed. But hard as hell to do, some of those turns in that canyon are hard to do at a low speed, much less on afterburners.

Oh, I crashed twice on easy going slow lol. No thanks at full throttle!

Damn this game tries to make missions annoying rather than fun. Mission 17 had too many timed objectives. I’d rather be in a difficult dogfight and actually die than deal with the time limiting stuff. And they hunk this is easy? Omg. I can’t imagine how a novice would be able to finish the campaign.

Edit: Finished Mission 18 and the dog fight with Mr. X was much better. He was tough and it's much better to actually fight someone and avoid dying than avoiding a time limit.
    Last edited by Rudy; 02-12-2019 at 06:57 AM.

Damn this game tries to make missions annoying rather than fun. Mission 17 had too many timed objectives. I’d rather be in a difficult dogfight and actually die than deal with the time limiting stuff. And they hunk this is easy? Omg. I can’t imagine how a novice would be able to finish the campaign.

Edit: Finished Mission 18 and the dog fight with Mr. X was much better. He was tough and it's much better to actually fight someone and avoid dying than avoiding a time limit.
    Yeah, Mission 18 was fun. If you haven't played it yet, you're going to enjoy Mission 19! At least the first half of it, lol.

I usually play in the morning and if I can't finish a mission in an hour or less Rudy gets upset lol! Hate having to redo things.

Lol, I found Mission 19 to personally be my favorite of the entire campaign. Get your missile trigger finger itchy.

The first time I played it, it took me about 40-45 minutes to beat it. Second and third replays, I usually got the time down to maybe half an hour.

I just replayed mission 19 again for the hell of it. Did it on Expert controls. I did alright, beat it in 21 minutes, my third fastest time (fastest time so far is 19 minutes, 37 seconds) and destroyed 28 enemy planes. My best showing in that mission has been 37 enemy planes destroyed, not counting drones or the Arsenal Bird, just straight up actual "human" controlled enemy planes.

I think if I played long enough on Expert controls, I'd probably get used to them and get decent at it, though I still prefer Standard controls. I feel I have better control of my plane and can get kills easier and line up for missile shots better.

I better give myself enough time to do it. I do have my F22 unlocked with all weapons.

Can you replay any mission after you complete the campaign?

Mission 19 in the books. Took forever to finish off that carrier thing. One left to go!

Finished the game. I may try and give expert controls a chance along with online. If that fails - selling! Online is currently very hard. I wish it was easier like SW Battlefront 1 flying was. Maybe they need to add in some cpu ships just for fun and allow me to feel a bit good in beating someone instead of getting shot down 3 times more often than I get anyone.