Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ace Combat 7

• Facebook
  • Display

Ace Combat 7

I thought a separate thread would be nice. Any way we can move some of Smooth and my comments here. Smooth has some great detail here that I want to keep track of.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    So far I'm at the beginning of mission 15. The plane I've used the most is the F/A-18F, which I've used in 5 missions.

I've used the A-10C Warthog 3 times in ground heavy or focused missions. And then I've used the F-4E, the F-14D and the F-16C two times each.

My new dog fighting plane going forward, which I just unlocked last night, the F-35C.

For early planes, the F-16C isn't bad, it's got good speed and a 4 Target Air-to-Air Missile for it's special weapon.

The F-14D is even better, better speed, better mobility, it has the Long-Range Air-to-Air Missile and the 8 Target Air-to-Air Missile.

The F/A-18F is probably your best fighter early on until you can get enough MRP to unlock the best planes. It has good speed, good defense, it has the Quick Maneuver Air-to-Air Missile which does great in dog fighting. It also has the Long-Range Air-to-Ship Missile for the couple missions with sea based enemies.

The A-10C Warthog, obviously, is your best ground attack plane you're gonna get. You can choose between Unguided Bombs, Rocket Launcher or 4 Target Air-to-Ground Missile. I like the 4AGM.

When you finally have enough MRP (it took me until after mission 14 to unlock it), the F-35C will blow all the other planes away, including the A-10C. Damn good speed, mobility, defense and great for both air and ground attacks. It comes with two ground based special weapons and a 4 Target Air-to-Air Missile special weapons.

Once I have the 999,000 MRP required, I'm buying the Multipurpose Stealth Coating , which will then unlock and allow me to buy the best plane in the game, the F-22A Raptor. Fast as fuck, incredible mobility, great defense, best Air-to-Air rating and a good Air-to-Ground rating. 136 normal missiles and the Quick Maneuver Air-to-Air Missile special weapon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just finished mission 3. Best one so far. Lots of dog fighting.

I wanted to buy the F18 since I have enough money but it isn’t unlocked. I guess I have to complete missions to unlock it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Just finished mission 3. Best one so far. Lots of dog fighting.

I wanted to buy the F18 since I have enough money but it isn’t unlocked. I guess I have to complete missions to unlock it.
    Make sure you've bought any parts in front of it. Unfortunately you can't just buy any planes you want, you have to follow the aircraft tree. If there's a locked/not bought part in front of the F/A-18, you have to buy that part first to then unlock the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Make sure you've bought any parts in front of it. Unfortunately you can't just buy any planes you want, you have to follow the aircraft tree. If there's a locked/not bought part in front of the F/A-18, you have to buy that part first to then unlock the plane.

Lol. I had no clue. I was skipping past the parts thinking I just want that plane. The layout just isn’t intuitive like most other games imo.

Yeah, they make you follow the tree. There are three branches, the US planes (middle branch), Russian planes (the SU-variants) in the bottom branch and then I believe it's British planes in the third, top branch. If you want to get the F-22 Raptor for instance, you have to buy each plane and each part in that line ahead of the F-22. It took me until roughly mission 14 or so to get enough MRP to buy everything to get the F-35 and I didn't get the F-22 until mission 17 or 18.

The perfect description for multiplayer, especially when playing 8 player Battle Royale.

Buying the F18 now after mission 4

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Buying the F18 now after mission 4
    Nice! That plane will serve you well throughout the campaign until you're able to unlock the better planes further down the tree. Hell, you could probably beat the entire campaign with just the F/A-18 if you wanted. It's a quality enough plane to do the job.

I haven’t even had a chance to use it yet! Tomorrow morning!

It’s an utterly stupid decision to not let gamers change difficulty during the campaign. I started on Normal and it’s too hard. Keep screwing up mission 5 which you have to take down bad guys within a set time. So I either keep rage quitting or start all over. Game is fun but I’ve said it a few times, the layout and design is poor for a triple A title.

Yeah, that was a really poor design choice. I started on easy for that exact reason, and even then, there were a couple missions I had trouble with, either because I couldn't complete all the objectives in time, or because they did a poor job on one or two missions explaining what the hell the objective even was, resulting in me not meeting it by the time the clock expired.

I HATE timed objectives. Then the game is telling me there is a mysterious plane hiding in the clouds and I can't find it because I'm trying to shoot down things or avoid dying.

Yeah, some of those missions are frustrating as hell. I failed a number of missions and had to retry from a checkpoint because I either failed to destroy the right things, or I didn't destroy enough things before the timer ran out.

I’m going to sell this game. Online multiplayer could be fun if I didn’t suck. I almost never kill anyone and just spend the entire time trying to avoid being tracked by missles. Gun fire seems useless. I’m just not that good and it’s frustrating. I don’t feel like redoing the campaign because the designers were too stupid to not allow me to change difficulty between missions. Totally assanine decision.

Well after cooling off I'm just restarting the campaign. At least I get to keep the money and planes I've earned when I restart on Easy. Did one mission. The missons are less frustrating and more fun. Just wish I could have dropped down. Saw a patch today but it was tiny. Was hoping they added that option but nope.

Smooth - you using Standard or Expert flight controls?

I'm using standard controls. If I'm going to ever be any good in multiplayer, I'll have to learn to use to expert eventually, but all the twists and turns and maneuvers that I already was going in the campaign on standard, I'd probably crash into the ground or a mountain 10 times a mission if I tried expert. I'll have to go into free fly, with no enemies or objectives, and just fly the campaign maps on expert and get used to the different controls.

Good news is I've beaten the first 5 missions again on Rookie.

I really don't like the layout of the upgrades for parts and planes. I'm trying to save up for the F35. About halfway there as it's over 800,000.

One of these days I will check out the VR. Surprised my kids haven't yet but they haven't cared about this game at all for some reason.

I'm tempted to buy a VR unit just to play the VR missions on this game. It'd be interesting to experience them.

VR is still fairly expensive for the amount of time you play it. My kids wanted it and they paid for it. The games themselves are fairly cheap and you can get good sales quite often. But it’s a novelty. Sort of like owning the Wii U. Has some fun stuff but will always be a very secondary device.

The kids loved super hot and some other games. I will play this game in VR at some point. I barely play it and I get motion sickness when I try some things. Am away this weekend for a tournament but hope to check it out soon.

Easy is hardly easy at times. I think I'm on mission 8 (was gone all weekend) and couldn't complete it this morning. Failed like 4 times. It's the one wear you have to fly low in a sand storm and take out ground targets. The hardest thing is finding them with the radar being wrecked by the sand. I just discovered I need to use the zoomed out radar more and will have to try it again. I HATE timed missions! I've gotten 18 or 19 of the required 20 targets but it is pissing me off!