Thread: The Outer Worlds

• Facebook
  • Display

The Outer Worlds

Well, I'm interested...

The only thing I'm not sure about is that they have not stated this is an open world game. I don't really want to do the linear story mode type game anymore. It's just my preference.

14 minutes of gameplay.

Some other decent tidbits.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    The only thing I'm not sure about is that they have not stated this is an open world game. I don't really want to do the linear story mode type game anymore. It's just my preference.
    My preference is more for linear type of stories lol. Open world is fine if the missions are interesting. But I haven't played RDR2 in almost 2 weeks because I'm a little tired of the lack of story and that every mission I do doesn't really feel important. My brother loves open world to just screw around in and doesn't want to be forced to advance. At the same time a linear story has to have a good story or it suffers.

I think Shadow of the Tomb Raider this year did a good job of being quasi open world with a story. It just suffered from long spells without combat to the point the game was a big disappointment to me. The main stuff should have had a lot more combat to allow the user to explore and find tombs as a way to relax.