Turner Gill Retired (12/3) Hugh Freeze
    Urban Meyer Retired (12/4) OC Ryan Day
    Geoff Collins Left for Georgia Tech (12/7) Miami DC Manny Diaz
    Major Applewhite Fired (12/30) WVU HC Dana Holgorsen
    Mark Richt Retired (12/30) Temple HC Manny Diaz
    Manny Diaz Left for Miami (12/31)
    Dana Holgorsen Left for Houston (1/1) Troy HC Neal Brown
    Neal Brown Left for West Virginia (1/4)
    Last edited by cdj; 01-05-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Kansas fires David Beaty, but he will coach out the remainder of the season.

Bobby Petrino fired at Louisville, gets a $14M buyout.

Have to think top choices for Louisville are Jeff Brohm, Jeff Brohm, and Jeff Brohm.

Petrino was in the middle of his coach's show on TV when the news broke that he had been fired. Ouch.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Is Louisville an upgrade over Purdue? The Big 10 West is winnable. The ACC Atlantic will be owned by Clemson for some time and after a HC firing, Florida St will get it's shit together.

Yeah, Northwestern proved that the Big 10 West is an open division. While Wisconsin and Iowa will remain the most likely candidates to win the division every year, a team can still manage to get through to the B10 CCG if they knock off Wisconsin or Iowa. Purdue has a much more favorable path to a CCG than Louisville will. It's not even Clemson anymore either. NC State is back to being decent, Florida State won't stay down for long, hell, even Syracuse and Boston College are good this year! Whether those two stay good remains to be seen, but they may have finally turned things around, so you may have them as a threat as well. Right now, Louisville will be lucky to finish higher than fourth or fifth in their division for at least the next couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I don't follow TTU as closely since NU left the Big 12, but this seemed like a situation where some staff changes would be better than firing him. He didn't luck out like Helton (USC) and Malzahn (Auburn) where they kept their job if they shook up the staff.

The problem with Kliff is no matter how good a QB coach he is and offensive coordinator, that does not equate to being a good head coach. His teams were wildly inconsistent. Only scoring 6 points against an average Kansas St team, that was the final blow. Tech needed a change. Just look at previous years. 2017 they only scored 3 points vs TCU and 13 against Iowa St, both times in Lubbock. 2016. Only scored 10 and 17 against WVU and Iowa St on the road. Don't feel bad for Kliff, everybody and their grandmother wants him to be their Offensive Coordinator.

I called it.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...sville-meeting

Bill Snyder retires (again). Will KSU go back down to the bottom of CFB again?

Hopefully Kansas State can find a good replacement and either stay on the same level or improve.

I just got a breaking news notification on my phone that Urban Meyer is retiring and offensive coordinator Ryan Day will replace him. It hasn't shown up on ESPN or anything yet, so I wouldn't say it's confirmed, but it may be a matter of waiting for the official announcement.

OK, now it's showing up on ESPN. Urban will coach the Rose Bowl and step down after the game, with Ryan Day taking over head coach duties after the bowl game.

And word is Ryan Day has agreed to a 5 year contract as head coach of the Buckeyes. Ohio State wasted no time in locking him down under contract.

I'm gonna guess they already had Ryan Day pegged as Urban's replacement, even before there were any rumors and talks of Urban possibly stepping down over the next year or two. And he probably was going to be getting a lot of contact from other schools about their head coach vacancies, much like Tom Herman was, so they make the immediate move to keep him and sign him to a contract before anyone else can lure him away.

Not sure who else would have even been on the shortlist other than Ryan Day.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    And word is Ryan Day has agreed to a 5 year contract as head coach of the Buckeyes. Ohio State wasted no time in locking him down under contract.

I'm gonna guess they already had Ryan Day pegged as Urban's replacement, even before there were any rumors and talks of Urban possibly stepping down over the next year or two. And he probably was going to be getting a lot of contact from other schools about their head coach vacancies, much like Tom Herman was, so they make the immediate move to keep him and sign him to a contract before anyone else can lure him away.

Not sure who else would have even been on the shortlist other than Ryan Day.

Unless they went after Matt Campbell, I don't know who else they would have looked at either.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Unless they went after Matt Campbell, I don't know who else they would have looked at either.
    Yeah, there's no names that really just jump out as being obvious short list candidates that Ohio State would have considered.

Houston reportedly considering firing Major Applewhite and pursuing WVUs Dana Holgorson.

Mark Richt retires at Miami.

RichRod rumored to be Ole Miss' new HC. Maybe he should hold off and see if Holgorson leaves for Houston? He might be in position for his old job.

Holgorsen reportedly leaving WVU for Houston with a five-year $20M deal.

So was Holgorsen expecting to be fired at some point from WVU? I'm still surprised at this, since going from West Virginia and the Big 12 to Houston and the AAC seems sort of a step down for him.