Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Discussion 2018 has been cancelled due to technical difficulties

• Facebook
  • Display

NFL Discussion 2018 has been cancelled due to technical difficulties

Please go to College Football Forum. There are no ties in the College Football Forum or Madden Curses, which now apparently affect whole teams.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 09-10-2018 at 09:53 AM.

How about Miami taking 7 hours to finish a game lol!

Tyrod Taylor is a lightning rod for criticism at times. He has a weak arm and yet throws the deep ball well. Scrambles very well and makes a lot of plays with his legs but doesn't use the middle of the field. Yet look how awful Buffalo was without him. Can't believe the Bears blew the game last night. Rodgers is so freaking good. You can easily make a case that he's the greatest QB of all time. He just has to stay healthy.

Local sports radio in Detroit along with some of my co-workers are already calling for Matt Patricia's head. Seriously, people want him fired! A horrible preseason and a complete farce on Monday night has left fans super pissed. Patricia ran a tough training camp old school style and a lot of players didn't like it apparently. They looked like they quit on him already lol.

Jets players were laughing that they knew the plays of the offense (same OC Jim Bob Cooter from last year). How do you not whip up surprised on game 1? Stafford was horrible. Not sure how to blame that on the HC but it's a melt down in Detroit!

What in the hell?

Vontae Davis took himself out of today's Bills game against the Chargers and retired at halftime.

I can't even comprehend what the hell just happened.

Meanwhile, the Browns will certainly be holding tryouts for a new kicker tomorrow.

And the second week of the season and the second tie of the season as Green Bay and Minnesota fail to break their tie in OT. Two weeks of hated rivals tying each other, first Browns-Steelers and now Vikings-Packers.

And then the whole sudden announcement by the Browns on a Saturday afternoon to cut Josh Gordon come tomorrow, though it now sounds like they may trade him to San Francisco or elsewhere.

I don't even know what the hell is going on this season. We're only two weeks in and this season is already fucking nuts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Vontae Davis was odd when he was in Miami. Being stuck on a horrible Buffalo team doesn’t help.

Dolphins in sole possession of first place!

Minny should be looking for a new kicker too as their guy went 0-3.

Lions sucking again. Life is normal.

Oakland did everything but win today. Have to wonder if they go downhill quickly from here.

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't mind ties. If kickers could do their job, we wouldn't have them.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Oakland did everything but win today. Have to wonder if they go downhill quickly from here.

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't mind ties. If kickers could do their job, we wouldn't have them.
    Well, as a Broncos fan, I'm sure not complaining when it comes to the Raiders doing everything but win. It was an ugly win, but I'll take it!

And I have no problem with ties either. Just seemed really odd having games end in ties in back to back weeks, and those two games being rivalry games no less.

If the rest of this season is anything like these first two weeks, this season is going to be a doozy!

This thread does not exist

Spoiler: show

It does amaze me that a great Qb like Elway can’t spot QB talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    It does amaze me that a great Qb like Elway can’t spot QB talent.
    Yeah, it's sort of frustrating the never ending headaches at QB, though how many star QBs have come out of college football only to crash and burn out of the league in three seasons or less? Or how many unknowns have come out nowhere to lead teams to division titles and super bowls? You can go with players you think will transition to the NFL well and think their skills will mesh well with the NFL and your team, but in the end, it's all a giant crap shoot for whether someone really will make the transition successfully.

Not many Carson Wentzs, Patrick Mahomes and Jared Goffs come out of college football each year, where they are clearly ready to step in the huddle day one and start slinging the ball like a seasoned veteran. Nor do those kinds of players make it very far down the first round of the draft.

But Elway has been especially bad. He should be thanking his lucky stars Brock didn't take his fat contract. And then he drafts (and cuts) Lynch. Now spends big on Keenum who had a career year and by stat tracking had the highest amount of dropped interceptions last year (luckiest NFL QB in 2017). That matters, especially for people that just look at the box scores.

Sooner blood runs deep. I actively rooted for Cleveland to win a football game the minute Baker hit the field. Baker is simply a gamer and just wins. It was like watching a completely different team when he took over. The atmosphere went from desperation to jubilation as he quickly ran them down to get a FG to end the half.

Well, got that out of the way. Will wish you the best of luck Baker, unless you are playing the Steelers, that Sooner blood only runs so deep.

I don’t see how they go back to Tyrod.

It would appear the Bills are bad at more than just football.

Dolphins shit the bed in New England. Team is so frustrating.

Browns blew that game. Gregg Williams is garbage. Playing soft zones at times and the non fumble of Carr on an early and stupid whistle hurt. But so did all the drops of Cleveland receivers. I thought Mayfield looked good. Poised in the pocket, moves his eyes and finds people.

I seem to recall saying something about Mahomes in the offseason thread.. What was it?

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Patrick Mahomes as the #2 QB taken in the draft, 10th overall? Tech QB's have never panned out in the NFL. Especially when most of those yards are against Big 12 defenses, or lack thereof. Andy Reid does wonders grooming QB's, good luck with this one. You also have to put up with a dad who has been arrested at a game and is footballs version of LaVar Ball.

Keep in mind they the Chiefs are the hottest shit in the league to start most seasons. Somewhere between weeks 9 and 12 they disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Keep in mind they the Chiefs are the hottest shit in the league to start most seasons. Somewhere between weeks 9 and 12 they disappear.

And whatever round their first playoff game is played.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Sounds a lot like Texas Tech. Still I had to eat my crow, I never expected him to start so soon and do this well.