Thread: NBA LIVE 19 Demo - Game Discussion and Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display

NBA LIVE 19 Demo - Game Discussion and Impressions

After you play the demo, share your thoughts here.

Xbox One download link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/NB...%3aoverviewtab

PS4 download link: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...ALIVE19DEMOEAS
    Last edited by cdj; 08-24-2018 at 12:09 AM.

Too bad I couldn’t stay awake to download it last night. Slow download for me at 20 GB. Will check it out tonight.

The Rise & Live Events are really cool and well done, along with the Court Creator.

There are a lot more animations and control this year over the previous versions.

Right now, the actual NBA side seems weak mainly based on the lack of features announced for Franchise and even Ultimate Team. If those modes had received even a significant upgrade or two (Online Franchise; Collections or Moments) the game would be contending for one of the best Live's ever. Right now, the streetball side is really good, but NBA needs some love in 20 (or post-release) IMO.

Played the Shaq game and then a single One game last night. Still stuck without being able to play the NBA game. Hate having to do this. Game doesn’t remember my camera settings and no announcers in the One. Just don’t care about that mode.

Edit: this time camera stuck and after 2 games of the One I can play NBA.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-25-2018 at 04:55 AM.

One game of NBA in the books. Game is pretty but I’m not a fan of the movement. This isn’t football. It’s basketball and the change of direction is too heavy imo. The announcers are forgettable. They are robotic, basic and sound like a first year effort. I’m not sure this is an improvement over not bringing back the same crew even if they never updated their commentary (which is what they did last year already).

The cpu PG didn’t drive all day long which was nice. The post game had some decent moves although I suck at them normally. There are still some finishing layup moves where the animation kicks in and you get a bucket no matter what the defence. The cpu does not help much on defence which leads to more contested passes and steals on the wing as everyone just sticks with their man. Really hurts the drive and kick game. The cpu offence moved off the ball but I wish my players did that more without having to call plays.

What can I say. It’s not a bad game. If it was the only option I could find a way to enjoy myself. I have enjoyed it in the past. But how do you compete against 2K whose product is better in almost everything in NBA action? And we pretty much know franchise will be super basic compared to 2K too.

‪After trying a second NBA game of Live I went back and played a 2K18 game. It’s not even close. From player movement to announcing and animations 2K is the winner hands down. Live can’t compete.‬

Im sure there are people that will like the One but as an offline franchise guy I just won’t bother with Live.

A 3.3 GB update is now available for the demo (v1.03).