Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jaymo76 Madden 19 CFM

• Facebook
  • Display
    Breaking news... in order to clear cap space the Saints have traded Mark Ingram to the Green Bay Packers in exchange for a 1st round pick in the 2020 draft. This opens the door for Ridgeway to move into Ingrams spot. The move is not being well received on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Breaking news... the Saints have traded backup WR Trequan Smith to the Baltimore Ravens for a 3rd round pick in the 2020 draft.
    Are you able to get trade offers from other teams for a player you want to get rid of, and then pick the best deal from all offers around the league? Or do you have to find the best deal yourself?

It's been a while since I've played Madden, so I can't remember if they have a system similar to NBA 2K where I can take a player or draft pick, offer to trade it and be taken to a window with trade offers for that pick or player for every other interested team in the league, then it's just a matter of hitting tabbing through the offers with L1 and R1 until I find an offer I like or one that I can go in and edit and try to make into one I like and that the other team will still accept.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Are you able to get trade offers from other teams for a player you want to get rid of, and then pick the best deal from all offers around the league? Or do you have to find the best deal yourself?

It's been a while since I've played Madden, so I can't remember if they have a system similar to NBA 2K where I can take a player or draft pick, offer to trade it and be taken to a window with trade offers for that pick or player for every other interested team in the league, then it's just a matter of hitting tabbing through the offers with L1 and R1 until I find an offer I like or one that I can go in and edit and try to make into one I like and that the other team will still accept.

You can put players on the trade block but you rarely get offers. I just looked for trades by putting him in the offers box and scrolling team by team (if he has a green check there is interest). Sadly there is no real depth/immersion with trades. It’s been the same way for years now.

Preseason week 1

20. 9

The preseason started off with a win in Minny. It was a dull game with some poor QB play on both sides. QB free agent EJ Manuel broke his collarbone and is out for 8 weeks. The Saints will looks to free agency to bring someone else in.

Rookies:
    Ridgeway 13 carries 52 yards
    Jordan McCleskey 6 rec 66 yards 1 TD

Free Agents:
    Jesse James (TE) played well with 4 receptions for 41 yards including 2 key third down conversions
    Cam Wake (DE) had 4 tackles 1 tackle for a loss and 1 sack

Breaking news:

The Saints have sainted free agent Trevone Boykin (QB) to the squad. The Saints also signed rookie free agent QB Tucker Heddlesten from Oregon State. Both will compete for the 3rd QB spot as EJ Manuel will be out at least 8 weeks.

Preseason Weeks 2-4:

9 20

A terrible effort all around as the team played poorly with several fumbles and interceptions. The Texans were also amazing with 16 pass deflections. The only bright spot for NO was WR Jordan McCleskey who has 6 receptions for 78 yards and 1 TD.

21. 28

Overall a great game.... even if it was a divisional game during the preseason......

Brees was 18-23 for 199 yards and 3 TD strikes. When he plays like that the Saints win. Kamara was a beast with 15 carries for 83 yards and a 5.5ypc average. This game came down to the last play but TB could not convert on 4th down.

3. 29

Utter domination by the Saints in this one. QB Boykin made a real push to make the team with a 2 TD performance. WR Coleman also played big with 6 receptions for 70 yards.

Overall 3-1 and a strong preseason bodes well for the Saints moving forward. The only injury coming out of the preseason is QB EJ Manuel.

Next up the cuts...

Transactions Log:

The Saints have signed free agent LOLB Kyle Manuel to a one year deal

Practise squad:

WR Marquise Levens
    P Everett Aboushi
    CB Octvious Omaneh
    CB Karin Moore
    QB Tucker Heddlesten
    TE Holden Dutka

Released:

LG Kyle Fuller
    WR Reggie Davis

Opening week and Saints talent has already been poached.

signed P Everett Aboushi

signed WR Marquise Levens

These are losses for sure as they were the most talented players on the practise roster.

Hopefully the Saints can make it back to the playoffs this year. Would love to see a playoff run happen.

Week 1: 14 21

The Saints start off the 2019 campaign on a strong note with a big win against Carolina. The Saints D was shaky at times against the run and the Saints run game was beastly. Those two things were not the case last year! NO had a run first philosophy all day and it paid off. Brees was an effective game manager but still managed to throw one pic.

Key stats:
    Brees. 17/25 179 yards 1td 1 int
    Kamara 25 carries 125 yards 1 td
    Ridgeway. 8 carries 46 yards 1 td
    Josh Hill only had 3 catches but they were all huge. He averaged 21.3 yards per catch
    Manti Teo 5 tackles 1 tackle for a loss
    Crawley and Lattimore had interceptions (Lattimore’s saved the game during the last Carolina drive)

Key Injury:

Timario Ridgeway out for 4 weeks with a shoulder tear

This was a nice start to the season. It’s big D on the schedule for next week.

Week 2: (1-0). (0-1)

The Cowboys fall to 0-2 as they were dismantled by the Saints, 34-7. It was 20-0 at halftime and the Saints D was outstanding today. For whatever reason Prescott plays terrible against NO. Today he was 8/17 52 yards and 3 ints as well as being sacked 3 times. Compare that to Brees who went 25/37 for 197 yards 3 td and 1 int.

Kamara didn’t have a great game only rushing for 69 yards on 18 carries. The real story today was the NO D.

Cameron Jordan 5 tackles and 3 sacks
    Demario Davis 3 tackles, 1 sack, 4 pass deflections
    Interceptions by Mantii Te’o, Alex Anzalone and Marshawn Lattimore (of which Lattimore had a pick 6).

The news however was not all good as franchise tagged cornerback Ken Crawley suffered a dislocated elbow and will miss the next 5 weeks.

With that the Saints start the season 2-0 and head to Tampa to take on the 0-2 Bucks.

Breaking news... the Saints have announced a contract extension for star wideout Michael Thomas. Thomas singed a 4 year 59 million dollar contract extension today.

Always a good week when the Cowboys get the crap beaten out of them.

Week 3: (2-0) (0-2)

In a hard fought win the Saints pulled out a 20-13 victory. Brees was 15/24 for 204 yards 2 TD and 1 int. Kamara had 22 carries for 72 yards.

Damarion Davis was the leader on D with 10 tackles and 1 sack and 1 interception. FPS Marcus Williams also had a key interception earlier in the game. LOLB Alex Anzalone had two major sacks for losses which were also turning points in this game.

In reality, the Bucks deserved the win as outside of two ints from Winston they should have won the game as he played outstanding (22-25 201 yards and a td plus a bunch of rushing yards). However a win is a win and the Saints will take it.

Next up the Saints head off to play the 1-2 49ers in SAN Francisco.

Side note: The Falcons are also 3-0 and are looking beastly good this year.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-26-2018 at 02:35 AM.

Week 4: (3-0) @ (1-2)

The Saints travelled to the Bay Area to take on the 49ers. Brees had a massive game throwing for 319 yards and 3td’s. It was his first big game in a long, long time actually. Alvin Kamara also had a strong game with 91 yards and a td on 20 carries. Michael Thomas led the receivers with 7 receptions for 82 yards and 1 td.

Demario Davis had a big day on D recording 12 tackles and 1 tackle for a loss. All in all the Saints dismantled a struggling 49ers team with the final score NO 38. SF 14. The only downside is that CB Crawley was lost to injury for three weeks. That’s not good for the stingy NO Defense.

The Saints move to 4-0 while the 49ers fall to 1-3.

Breaking news: the Saints announce the following contract extensions.

CB Ken Crawley. 3 years $17.5 million

WR Cameron Meredith. 4 years $36.2 million

Breaking news: RB Timario Ridgeway has been cleared to play and will dress in the Saints next home game vs the Cardinals.

Week 5: (2-2) @ (4-0)

The Cards came into the game with a big 35-31 win over the Rams. Bradford was lights out so all thought this would be a great game. They were wrong. The Saints absolutely destroyed the Cardinals by a score of 31-3. The cards were held to 114 yards compared to the Saints 434 yards.

This game was all about the run and the D. Before leaving in the 3rd with an injury, Alvin Kamara rushed for 175 yards and 3 td’s on 14 carries. He had a12.5 you average. With that Kamara passed 500 yards on the season. The second story of the day was LE Cameron Jordan who had 7 tackles and 5 sacks and won defensive player of the week honours. Jordan now has 85 career sacks.

With the win the Saints remain undefeated at 5-0 and are atop of the NFC and the only remaining undefeated team in the NFL. Carolina shocked the pundits with a 21-20 upset win over the Falcons and that’s huge for New Orleans.

Next up the Saints host the 3-1 Packers. The game will also see the return of Mark Ingram to the Superdome.

Week 6: (3-1) @ (5-0)

Sunday Night Football sees the Pack travel to NO. The game also sees the return of Mark Ingram, his first return since the trade. The game started poorly for the Saints as Rodgers was on fire. Brees had 2 fumbles and the Saint receivers fumbled twice as well. The Saints should haves had the lead but trailed 13-7 at half due to mistakes.

The second half saw offensive fireworks as the Pack punished threw Saints D with the run. In all the game ended the Saints win streak as the Pack won 31-28.

Note: you will notice a brief description... I am sad to admit that I rage quit.... after the 6th fumble of the game I just lost it. So the game itself was scripted and I just couldn’t do it...

Alas... the Saints fall to 5-1 on the season.

Breaking NEWS: LOLB 2ND stringer KYLE EMMANUEL FRACTURED HIS ELBOW and will be out 11 WEEKS. He has been put on IR by their Saints.