Thread: 2018 College Football General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

2018 College Football General Discussion

Let's start this season discussion off with a doozy.

Urban Meyer likely to face a lot of heat on this one:

To be fair you could have started this thread just as easily in Lincoln. Welcome back coach. Thanks for providing someone Meth for the rest of the year.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...rabilia-stolen
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-01-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Frost is probably wishing he had just stayed at UCF now. What a warm receiving welcome from the Nebraska community, by getting your near future house broken into and shit stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    To be fair you could have started this thread just as easily in Lincoln. Welcome back coach. Thanks for providing someone Meth for the rest of the year.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...rabilia-stolen
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Frost is probably wishing he had just stayed at UCF now. What a warm receiving welcome from the Nebraska community, by getting your near future house broken into and shit stolen.
    I think bdoughty is on the right track. My guess is that unless someone got tipped off as to who owned the house, it was probably someone looking to nab some copper for a quick fix, but they ended up with a much better haul. 'Fortunately,' it wasn't as bad as first feared, however it's still terrible.

I'm in the camp that thinks his wife (AZ native) probably isn't coming into Lincoln now with a very positive feeling thanks to this....and if the wife isn't happy, no one's happy.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I'm in the camp that thinks his wife (AZ native) probably isn't coming into Lincoln now with a very positive feeling thanks to this....and if the wife isn't happy, no one's happy.
    Especially a younger wife. Going from Orlando to Lincoln. I would imagine if there was a mathematical formula for a coach losing potential sex due to a move, this is what would be known as the PiRClosed.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-01-2018 at 05:13 PM.

I guess he is getting some heat.

Bill Snyder gets a 5 year extension. Good for him, may his wizardry continue, as long as it is not used on OU.

17 year old girl arrested in the Scott Frost burglary. I am sure this will end up being one of many young folks arrested in the case and that many drugs were to be purchased with the proceeds.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    17 year old girl arrested in the Scott Frost burglary. I am sure this will end up being one of many young folks arrested in the case and that many drugs were to be purchased with the proceeds.
    That is correct:

Police have arrested two more people in the burglary of Nebraska football coach Scott Frost's south Lincoln home, according to court records.

Andrew M. Williams, 20, and a 16-year-old Lincoln boy were accused in the burglary following the arrest of a 17-year-old girl investigators believe served as the driver in the burglary.

Investigators had been investigating the girl in a string of other burglaries when they learned of her involvement in the Frost case, according to court documents.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    That is correct:

Police have arrested two more people in the burglary of Nebraska football coach Scott Frost's south Lincoln home, according to court records.

Andrew M. Williams, 20, and a 16-year-old Lincoln boy were accused in the burglary following the arrest of a 17-year-old girl investigators believe served as the driver in the burglary.

Investigators had been investigating the girl in a string of other burglaries when they learned of her involvement in the Frost case, according to court documents.
    Now the question, do they all get charged as adults and piss their lives away or will the girl and 16 year old girl get lucky and get charged as juveniles?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Only 10 days till the first kickoff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I assume you are handling the weekly threads Smooth?

Time for some predictions

Winners from each conference

American: Memphis Tigers (dropoff at UCF and Houston was my second choice)
    ACC; Clemson (as tired of Clemson as I am of Bama)
    Big 12: Oklahoma (Texas is not back) but might break .500 this season. They do have to go back to Lawrence Ks again this year, so...
    Big Ten: Wisconsin
    CUSA: Florida Atlantic
    MAC: Ohio, the best team in the state.
    Mountain West: Fresno State
    PAC-12: Washington
    SEC: Alabama
    Sunbelt: Arkansas St

I see Washington, Alabama, Clemson and Wisconsin in the playoffs. OU and Georgia are the last two out.

Champion is...

Spoiler: show
    Oklahoma! We made the playoffs, not Washington. Beat Alabama in the championship.

Too many similarities to the 98 Vols Peyton Manning/Baker Mayfield are the legends people remember most but Tee Martin/Kyler Murray or Austin Kendall win the ring.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-15-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Yep! I'll try to get the week 1 schedule up by this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Someone actually thought this was a good idea. Combine Notre Dame and the NY Yankees. Throw in some Darth Vader, Hitler and Stalin while you are at it.

Of course, Oregon has to get their 50 new uniforms in. Giant numbers, what a brilliant way to keep those Pakistani children employed.

Last edited by bdoughty; 08-16-2018 at 09:48 PM.