Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 19 - Gameplay Impressions & General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Trying to think what my Slider set should be called and if I could trademark it and sell back to EA. My personal sliders, "based on early testing" will fix their game, animations, enhance the halftime show and add three new features to the Franchise mode.

Boomer and Sooners Super Sliders Set of Superior Sliding Senseless Statistical Suppremacy

Feels a bit long but catchy.

My sliders are so good they are fixing issues with other games on my hard drive. Bloaters in SOD2 no longer appear in the road out of nowhere.

unfortunately there are side effects...

Last edited by bdoughty; 08-17-2018 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Trying to think what my Slider set should be called and if I could trademark it and sell back to EA. My personal sliders, "based on early testing" will fix their game, animations, enhance the halftime show and add three new features to the Franchise mode.

Boomer and Sooners Super Sliders Set of Superior Sliding Senseless Statistical Suppremacy

Feels a bit long but catchy.
    All jokes aside, I’m not seeing a lot of difference with sliders. As per madden history, sliders tend to have minimal impact.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    All jokes aside, I’m not seeing a lot of difference with sliders. As per madden history, sliders tend to have minimal impact.
    That is exactly the case and also why I joke about Sliders and the Guru's every year. I pushed up pass blocking and run blocking from 50 to 75 to test and LB's and DE's just are still smeared with Crisco and one will slip by almost untouched every play. I have seen better holes to run through as long as I do not get tackled in the backfield before hitting it. Still not liking the player movement and running backs feel like they are stuck in mud at times. Feels off and not fluid.

The one that really shows what little effort is placed on certain areas of the gameplay is the kicking game. With all the new kickoff rules, like players having to wait for the kicker to kick before moving, one would expect to see a little more in the average return. You catch the ball and sprint, "or what Tiburon calls a sprint" and then get met by 3 or 4 players who slipped past their blocks each time at the same place you met in Madden 18, 17, etc, etc.

The Madden team at EA hasn’t given a shit about sliders in years. Those don’t impact online play or the millions in MUT money coming in. NBA 2K has tons of sliders. Madden should provide us with many more options and make the sliders work better. But there are probably very few people at Tiburon that care about that. Maybe they are worried about losing future sales if they allow to much customization. Either way it has always been frustrating. Just look at how they wouldn’t separate special teams sliders in franchise mode for years!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    The Madden team at EA hasn’t given a shit about sliders in years. Those don’t impact online play or the millions in MUT money coming in. NBA 2K has tons of sliders. Madden should provide us with many more options and make the sliders work better. But there are probably very few people at Tiburon that care about that. Maybe they are worried about losing future sales if they allow to much customization. Either way it has always been frustrating. Just look at how they wouldn’t separate special teams sliders in franchise mode for years!
    Hell, NBA 2K is ADDING a ton more sliders this year that go beyond just gameplay, they actually have off the court effects on your My GM/My League franchises. We can't even get Madden to add new gameplay sliders, while NBA 2K is adding NON-gameplay sliders for the sole reason of giving gamers more freedom to customize their My GM/My League to their heart's content.

The scary thing with Tiburon is they clearly don't know how their sliders work and impact the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    The scary thing with Tiburon is they clearly don't know how their sliders work and impact the game.
    I remember when they said the old knockdown slider didn’t affect DB play. Ridiculous. It was supposed to only affect how often a DL knocked down a pass at the line of scrimmage but it also affected DBs and their swat radius. It was actually fantastic how you could adjust the results of good coverage. NCAA also had the RB ability slider which you could boost to make the cpu RBs more dangerous. Never in Madden.

Finally decided to scrap the Redskins project and at the very least get a little fun out of the game, with a small NCAA twist. Taking over Jacksonville, who does not deserve the franchise and will be relocating them to Oklahoma City, who also does not deserve a franchise but serves a purpose. I have meticulously scoured through the rosters and have an roster than is around 75% former OU players. The rest I filled with Texas Tech, Kansas State and one guy from NDSU, because you need a guy from NDSU on your roster. I then tweaked each of the players so they would end up being around an 80 overall team. The goal is to create the Oklahoma/Texas rivalry with Houston. I will play the one year in Jacksonville and then on to OKC. Also planned to make the Houston Texas team full of Longhorn players but they have been so crap the past few years, would have required too much editing and rating Longhorn players way too high above their base.

That sounds interesting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It has definitely broken the announcers with all the trades and moves I had to do to the roster. I just am not enjoying playing this game. Would rather be playing something else, anything else. Maybe I will wait for a patch or some serious tuning.

It has definitely broken the announcers with all the trades and moves I had to do to the roster. I just am not enjoying playing this game. Would rather be playing something else, anything else. Maybe I will wait for a patch or some serious tuning.
    The patch can fix some aspects of gameplay but it cannot make the game fun for CFM. This was the “year of franchise.” Condsiering how little was done can you imagine what it’s like when they don’t focus on franchise.... oh right...

Y’all should just start waiting for the $20 Super Bowl sale. The game is all patched up and you pay 1/3 of the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Y’all should just start waiting for the $20 Super Bowl sale. The game is all patched up and you pay 1/3 of the price.
    If only I had the willpower. Had an NCAA game existed I probably could have gone that route since my true love is college football.

If only I had the willpower. Had an NCAA game existed I probably could have gone that route since my true love is college football.
    The one and literally only reason I still have my 360 hooked up. So I can play NCAA Football 14. Otherwise, that thing would probably be buried in a box somewhere.

I’m encountering a weird glitch re: formation subs and injuries. My #2 brees is hurt and he has multiple formations as primary back. However in the last two games when I check out his formations it should show Kamara but it shows the number 0. If I select the play my starting ROLB is in the backfield as the RB. WTF?

College football is my love too. That’s why I have no problem at all waiting for the Super Bowl sale. Pro ball is so same-y that I have no desire to shell out $60 for a game I’m not feeling beforehand and I know needs 10 patches at launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least they released the game early enough that the first big patch will be shortly after the season starts. In the last few years you had to wait until October and some bugs really hurt it.

So we get a patch. Finally say screw it and play with Pittsburgh. I miss a tackle and the QB does this... On All-Pro with the sliders untouched.

I've read that this is a big issue with Madden. Cpu runners don't simply run to daylight. They use a ton of special moves and run to darkness lol. Every time I see stuff like this it makes it so much easier to pass on the game.