Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 19 - Gameplay Impressions & General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Been reading that gang tackling and real physics is pretty non existent now. Tackles are one on one and over the top.
    Have seen my share of gang tackles in just a few games, so they do exist and appear on a regular basis. There are far too many over the top tackles in one on one situations.

I'm continuing on with the CFM season and am now 9-0. While I'm still enjoying myself with this madden the most I have enjoyed a madden since madden 10, the stats on default all pro are scary. I held Cincy to 4 yards rushing a few games back. My D is again number 1 in every category and I am leading the league in sacks. I haven't had a major challenge since early in the season but I play the Eagles next so that will be interesting...

Well done Madden Tiburon team... you convinced me that this year was a different year.... you got me. However it took game 10 in cfm to see the error in my ways. Nothing more fun than scripted losses!

Eagles (5-4)_ vs. Saints (9-0)

The whole pre game talks about how the Saints losing today would be a good thing.... that should have been the first sign...

Final score. EAGLES 30. Saints 3

Stats of notice:

Total yards Eagles 381 Saints 103 (50+ in last quarter of play)
    Brees. 10/22 81 yards 2 int. 7 sacks!
    Eagles pass D 3 interceptions total and 15 pass deflections!!!!!!!!!!
    Jordan Hicks 8 tackles 1 sack 6 pass deflections!!!!!!!!!
    Ingram. 11 carries for 30 yards and 1 fumble (14 yards on 1 carry so really 16 yards on 10 carries

Between both teams 26 tackles for a loss

Madden NFL 19 - Gameplay Impressions & General Discussion

They’ll have patches and tuning updates until January. It’ll be a whole different game in 4 months.

Edit: Oh, when those predetermined loss games come up, I’ve learned to embrace them. On one hand, it’s frustrating to see your players not play like themselves but on the other hand, it makes sense that my team won’t be the same team ever week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by souljahbill; 08-11-2018 at 05:54 PM.

How about leading passes? Heard a lot of passes are underthrown and you can’t lead passes as well. Which really hurts if defenders warp to the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    They’ll have patches and tuning updates until January. It’ll be a whole different game in 4 months.

Edit: Oh, when those predetermined loss games come up, I’ve learned to embrace them. On one hand, it’s frustrating to see your players not play like themselves but on the other hand, it makes sense that my team won’t be the same team ever week.

It’s just frustrating to know you cannot win based on skill its a cpu decision that you will lose. That’s crap IMO!

How about leading passes? Heard a lot of passes are underthrown and you can’t lead passes as well. Which really hurts if defenders warp to the ball.
    Biggest issue with passing is the low trajectory issue is back.

Sadly, a game that I really liked in the beta I am liking less and less everyday now. There’s a lot of stuff that is driving me crazy and since that last patch the game has regressed significantly IMO I played another franchise game and interceptions and leaping line backs and insta sheds are just destroying the experience. I was having fun passing the basil and running the ball. In the last few days that is no longer the case. I don’t know what’s happened or why but I’m not impressed. I’ve made some clips and I just shake my head: crossing the goal line but being called down and then losing the challenge, linebackers jumping five feet in the air to intercept the ball, receivers not fighting for the ball, half of your runs going for losses, cpu qb running spinning throwing and completing their passes, 10-30 pass deflections per game (not exaggerating), great receiver dropping balls with any contact, zero boundary awareness, etc. Etc. Etc.

I don’t know I think I’m spoiled now with so many great games on the market. I guess I’m just not willing to overlook typical tiburon mediocrity anymore...

I still plan to finish the season but it’s tough. Bree’s has now thrown 8 interceptions in 2 games and been sacked 13 times.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I was having fun passing the basil
    Who wouldn't? It is one of the finest herbs out there and should be shared among all your family members. Not even Tiburon could fuck up basil.

Spoiler: show
    They probably could.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Biggest issue with passing is the low trajectory issue is back.

Madden NFL 19 - Gameplay Impressions & General Discussion

Jay, I know this sounds like a stupid way to “play” the game but in Madden 17 and Madden 18, I played “GM Mode.” I did all the teambuilding stuff like signing/cutting players and drafting but I didn’t play the games. I didn’t even call the plays. I would either sim the game outright (preseason) or put the game on slow sim and have it on in the background while I did other things (regular season and playoffs).

A guy on YouTube does something similar and it’s one of his most popular series.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...z1EfluTqAS8zW_

Edit: I didn’t proofread at all. 🤦🏾*♂️
    I made edits to correct what I said.

Last edited by souljahbill; 08-12-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Who wouldn't? It is one of the finest herbs out there and should be shared among all your family members. Not even Tiburon could fuck up basil.

Spoiler: show
    They probably could.
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Jay, I know this sounds like a stupid way to “play” the game but in Madden 17 and Madden 18, I played “GM Mode.” I did all the teambuilding stuff like signing/cutting players and drafting but I didn’t play the games. I didn’t even call it late. I would either aim the game outright or put the game on slow sim and have it on in the background while I did other things.

A guy on YouTube does something similar and it’s one of his most popular series.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...z1EfluTqAS8zW_

Okay never go to a forum when you are raging. But last night I was angry at the cpu stuff. I’m refocused today so ill give it a go. I’m playing the hated Cowboys so we will see how it goes...

I edited my previous post to actually make sense. I was multitasking so I didn’t proofread and my post was an abysmal mess.

Played another 2 games today and won both but wasn’t enjoyable. There are just way too many interceptions. Honestly it’s like going back in time to madden 15.... no fighting for the ball, defenders jumping absurd heights, super linebackers, etc.

I had to bench Bree’s (after his 500th TD pass) as he had three straight interceptions on three passes. He ended the game 4-12 1 to 3 ints and a bunch of deflections/drops. On the bright side Ingram finally had a 100 yard rush game and 2 td’s to go along with it. I may bench Bree’s next game ... 11 ints in 4 games now...

You know what is starting to annoy me? And it seems to get worse every year. Stop having every other cutscene showing the coaches. For one it is not realistic to a TV broadcast. Two you have to look at all the freakish looking sideline players all the time. They hired some guy a few years back who was supposed to fix this presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    You know what is starting to annoy me? And it seems to get worse every year. Stop having every other cutscene showing the coaches. For one it is not realistic to a TV broadcast. Two you have to look at all the freakish looking sideline players all the time. They hired some guy a few years back who was supposed to fix this presentation.
    Yes that and throwing the clipboard...

Not only that it breaks the immersion and time you could be spending looking at the formations and adjusting.

I am not going to be that Ryan Moony dude but the smallest amount of time in instant replay will make you want to throw a clipboard. I kept wondering why the CPU could not run the ball but after seeing a few odd things I decided to hit the replay mode. They see a lane and instead of running to it, they warp into defenders that are remotely close to them. Saw this multiple times where I made a tackle that should not have been made. I was coming off a block in two cases, so obviously not in prime tackling position and they just warp into me, going away from the hole and almost doing a spin maneuver to make it look even worse.

After all the negative saw a nice thing tonight. Kamari came back and I saw a graphic COMPARING RUN PRODUCTION WITH HIM VS WITHOUT HIM.

Well that’s a first.... held Carolina to -9 yards......

This game is in desperate need of patches and tuning updates.

Well never done this before but honestly... I would not recommend buying this game. Out of the box it’s a dud. Just played a game where my receivers dropped 7 passes and the Carolina D had 16 pass deflections including 7 by the LOLB Shaw Thompson. Add to this the three ints thrown by Brees... one of the most accurate passers in football history.

The removal of physics has killed any semblance of realism. Only human players have rpm so the computer is back to moving in all directions, jumping record heights, seeing the ball whern not looking at it, etc. After the season is done I will play with the sliders and hopefully that will help but out of the box this game has become unplayable. How did it go from so good to absolute crap in two weeks???